Travis

beautiful occupation?
sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:08 AM Quote
It is 2:00 am and I want to sleep, but I cannot because I need to finish what I am working on. I decided that I do not find my occupation that beautiful right now. I feel like dedicating myself to peace, love and understanding. Am I becoming a better person?

Re: beautiful occupation?
monkey
monkey Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:12 AM Quote
http://api.ning.com/files/n08ZwqdH4BtrD0B6p4PGIYF2pJrxlARIsMjFAD7RyGk_/TreeHuggingHippiesMagnetC11756032.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 2:25 AM Quote
Sebnemy, what is your occupation? I noticed in the other thread you mentioned something about finishing an article. Are you a writer?

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
http://api.ning.com/files/n08ZwqdH4BtrD0B6p4PGIYF2pJrxlARIsMjFAD7RyGk_/TreeHuggingHippiesMagnetC11756032.jpg

lol! Wow! It makes total sense! I am not one, but I was writing about tree-hugging hippies--really, I was writing about ecotourism facilities:) That's why I felt that way. You are a genius! Now I will go and hug the closest reinforced concrete column to undo it.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 2:54 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Sebnemy, what is your occupation? I noticed in the other thread you mentioned something about finishing an article. Are you a writer?

I wish!
(By the way, Nikki please call me sebnem)

Technically I am an architect, but I am not practicing. After a masters and a Ph.D. I found myself as a faculty member in a school of architecture, teaching courses in architectural theory (and history) and in architectural design. I write articles, book chapters, etc. but I cannot call myself a writer... Just doing the things that academicians do.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I wish!

Technically I am an architect, but I am not practicing. After a masters and a Ph.D. I found myself as a faculty member in a school of architecture, teaching courses in architectural theory (and history) and in architectural design. I write articles, book chapters, etc. but I cannot call myself a writer... Just doing the things that academicians do.

Oh, that sounds really fun, especially the history side of it. I read Architectural Digest a lot. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Now I will go and hug the closest reinforced concrete column to undo it.

LOL. Maybe also kill an endangered animal for good measure.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
sebnemy wrote:
Now I will go and hug the closest reinforced concrete column to undo it.

LOL. Maybe also kill an endangered animal for good measure.

No no no, not that far! If reinforced concrete column does not cut it I will sniff some car exhaust--I rather harm myself (this is getting very dramatic, I will stop :)

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
sebnemy wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I wish!

Oh, that sounds really fun, especially the history side of it. I read Architectural Digest a lot. :)

thx. I have more fun with theory, especially after realising that half of the people are not really sure of what they are talking about but they look soooo sure of themselves. Cracks me up. Or maybe you meant that I have a fun history, well, that too. :)
All I want to read these days is Entertainment Weekly...

physke
physke Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
It is 2:00 am and I want to sleep, but I cannot because I need to finish what I am working on. I decided that I do not find my occupation that beautiful right now. I feel like dedicating myself to peace, love and understanding. Am I becoming a better person?

I think that I am posting this too late: Bad news, sebnemy, you were just occupied by your occupation:)

physke
physke Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
physke wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

I think that I am posting this too late: Bad news, sebnemy, you were just occupied by your occupation:)

By the way, I've just realized that there is a song called "What's so funny 'bout Peace Love and Understanding" by Curtis Stigers. I'm dedicating it to you:)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
physke wrote:
physke wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

By the way, I've just realized that there is a song called "What's so funny 'bout Peace Love and Understanding" by Curtis Stigers. I'm dedicating it to you:)

Elvis Costello did that too. (I'm guessing it's the same song coz it's a bit of a long title, not very common i imagine...)

physke
physke Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
physke wrote:
physke wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

Elvis Costello did that too. (I'm guessing it's the same song coz it's a bit of a long title, not very common i imagine...)

Yep, they're exactly the same. I wonder who sings the original one.

physke
physke Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
physke wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
physke wrote:
physke wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

Yep, they're exactly the same. I wonder who sings the original one.

I'm updating: The song was written by Nick Lowe in 1974:)

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Thu 24 Jul, 2008 7:26 AM Quote
physke wrote:
physke wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

In fact I know and it was a reference to the song...Michael (you know who that is but for others: my husband) annoys the hell out of me singing it sometimes.

Sevgili physke Gozde, you know me well enough to call me Sebnem (omit "hoca" of course).

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:05 PM