Travis

Fran's New Blog - Russian Dolls
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 1:58 AM Quote
Woooooh! Go Russia...Go Russia...what a great time we had on our first trip to rrrussiaaa! It was too short a trip though. I didn't get a chance to see anything. Boo!!
The show was so cool. You were all so vocal. Before we went on stage we met some folks, some we knew from myspace and this board and some new faces too. I was given an amazing painting by an painter called Antonina Sotnikova. Her paintings seem very still and peaceful but give an impression that something a bit darker lies behind the initial impression. The one she gave me is of a shadowy gate set in a tree lined street. Anyways... I am going to find a good place for it in Berlin. As well as this I was given a traditional Russian hat and some cool russian dolls. Nice. Danke.
After the show we met loads of folks outside. Although I didn't get a chance to see the city I felt like I got to know it a little better by speaking to some of you. Thanks.
Today was a crazy early start. 4.45am lobby call... I slept most of the flight, coat over head. This is how I sleep on planes. Blocks out all light. Nice and quiet.
We all drove from Riga airport to the hotel which looks out over the mighty Daugava river. It's very beautiful. After some interviews I fell asleep and awoke at 6pm. I called my friend Renārs. He sings in a Latvian band called Brainstorm. He came by the hotel and we drove out to the seaside to where he and his family stay during the summer. We went for a walk to the beach. The water felt great. Renārs swam. I watched. The sky is beautiful in this part of the world. It looks bigger. We all walked back to the house and after jamming (I played drums, Renārs on guitar and his wife Agnes on bass. We played Steady As She Goes by the Raconteurs) we built a fire and hung out. Renārs sons and their friends came by. I was treated to some pretty cool card tricks and coin tricks and after some pizza it was time to get back.
Looking forward to the festival tomorrow. Heard some great things about it.

Link:Russian Dolls

It seems like the Russian fans really RAWK. Nice! Have a blast tomorrow in Latvia :o).

Re: Fran's New Blog - Russian Dolls
TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 2:54 AM Quote
Ooh, sounds lovely. Haha, and I do the same thing as Fran, only with a hoodie and partly to keep out the glare on the screen of my portable DVD player- works like a charm! : P

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 3:11 AM Quote
Sounds like Fran's having a great time :O!

Enjoy tomorrow man!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 4:56 AM Quote
sounds like a fun time!
Thanks for posting Alma

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 6:36 AM Quote
Yes, it does seem like the Russian fans RAWK!! I'm glad it turned out to be a great show! The posts from the fans sound really exciting...happy for all!

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 7:30 AM Quote
Oh god, it sounds great! And I'm so glad he's having a great time, miss him so much!

Dolwin
Dolwin Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 7:56 AM Quote
Iam glad that you like in Russia =)Come back again to Russia,but better go to "Olympiskyi" in Moscow)))

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
Ooh Travis are playing in Latvia eh? One of my flatmates this year was Latvian, I wonder if he's going...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:54 AM Quote
Thanks so much for the new blog, Fran! I'm so happy they're having such a great time touring in cities that have waited so long to see them!

Here is a picture of the hat from the tour archive (looks great!)...

http://i37.tinypic.com/nn79qb.jpg

EDIT: I just realized today is the one year anniversary of Travis' show in Detroit!!! I can't wait until they come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We miss u.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:07 AM