Travis

Re: One Travis Song
Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 8:47 AM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
For me it was "As You Are". I don't like this song very much, it's a bit too slow for me, but it sounded amazing live and now I love it! ;)

I totally agree. This and the Fear are far better live than on the cd.

For me the ultimate live song is "20" just Fran, standing on the edge of the stage. I've heard it done twice. The best was the second time, singles tour 2004. He had the audience absolutely captivated, and I got goosebumps. It was very beautiful.

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
Its funny, on CD, 'Side' is one of my least favourite tracks - I nearly always skip it, but both times I've seen them live I've been really surprised at how much of a great live track it is - so I'd go for that one.

The one track I haven't heard live, that I'd really like to is 'Blue Flashing Light'. Both times I've seen them I've been willing them to do it in the encore. It sounds great on the More Than Us DVD

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
Hodgy wrote:
The one track I haven't heard live, that I'd really like to is 'Blue Flashing Light'.

Good call. It was performed during the Singles tour, and sounded great.

(actually, the purists can feel free to correct me on that. I know I've definitely heard it live, but it might have been on a different tour)

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
For me it was "As You Are". I don't like this song very much, it's a bit too slow for me, but it sounded amazing live and now I love it! ;)

I totally agree.

I agree,too.They played this in Istanbul.I was so suprised.It was so amazing and meaningful to me.(And I would like to hear them play "U16girls" someday.)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
Hodgy wrote:
Its funny, on CD, 'Side' is one of my least favourite tracks - I nearly always skip it, but both times I've seen them live I've been really surprised at how much of a great live track it is - so I'd go for that one.

Ya I agree completely, it's one that I've always liked but not as much as all the others but hearing it live I was like "oh my God this is amazing!"

If I had to pick one song though, it'd have to be The Humpty Dumpty Love Song. Every time I listen to it I'm amazed by it and hearing it live I was like "i thought it was impossible but it sounds even better!!!"

damon
damon Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 11:51 PM Quote
i choose AS YOU ARE,
there are several reasons, one of them this song is SOOO travis, i mean, has all this stuff lovely from travis, slow, great lyric, starts slows, has great vocals solos, every travis member just give the best, and i think besides aiwtdir solo, this is the must incredible guitar solo, i think suddenly starts a spark in andy, goes down, and then just get close to the audience, and buuuum again !!!

and then slowly goes dowm,,,,

as a matter of fact is my travis favourite song, andi hope as great as it is it keeps in their setlist for the eternity.....

damon
damon Posted Wed 16 Jul, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
i choose AS YOU ARE,
there are several reasons, one of them this song is SOOO travis, i mean, has all this stuff lovely from travis, slow, great lyric, starts slows, has great vocals solos, every travis member just give the best, and i think besides aiwtdir solo, this is the must incredible guitar solo, i think suddenly starts a spark in andy, goes down, and then just get close to the audience, and buuuum again !!!

and then slowly goes dowm,,,,

as a matter of fact is my travis favourite song, andi hope as great as it is it keeps in their setlist for the eternity.....

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p255/coxon_bro/asyouare.jpg

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 12:48 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I'm gonna say All I Want To Do Is Rock. Cos hearing it live made the difference for me between thinking it was ok and realising its actually awesome. :)

I couldn't think of one really, but that's true. I never liked Good Feeling (the song) much before either, but the new live version is brilliant. Claes! Claes!...

Ah, now Good Feeling I actually really liked before hearing it at a show, but it is brilliant live I agree. The Good Feeling album as a whole generally took me a while to like though. I remember when I first got it I thought something along the lines of 'what the hell is this? This isn't Travis'. Apart from the last three tracks 'cos they're more The Man Who/Invisible Band-ish. :P

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
The one that surprised me a lot was Side, it sound great live :o). Although AIWDIR and As You Are sound amazing too.

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:25 AM Quote
So far the setlist is as follows.

Re-Offender
I Love You Anyways
Indefinitaly
Turn
The Fear (rocky version)
Song To Self
As You Are
All I Want To Do Is Rock
U16 Girls
Slide Show
Good Feeling
Side
Humpty Dumpty Love Song

I'd love to think that if we all selected 20 songs each, that there would be a nice balance of songs from each album.
3 or 4 from each album.
Love it that Eyes Wide Open, Selfish Jean and Closer are still on the current setlists.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:48 AM Quote
Edit. Oops. Has 20 been added since I wrote, or did I miss it the first time? Either way, glad it's on the uber set list! :)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
The rocky version of The Fear :)Blew me away when I heard it

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:56 PM