Travis

Your Greatest Travis moment
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 4:01 PM Quote
Tell us about your most memorable Travis moment:

Mine has to be when they played All The Young Dudes on the Singles tour, way back in 2004. My favourite song ever, played by my favourite band ever. Brilliant!

Either that or meeting the band for the first time last March. That was pretty great too

Re: Your Greatest Travis moment
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
I think the greatest moment was when i saw them on thelast tour, when they played Turn as the last song before the encore.
The crowd was so into at that point, and Fran jumping off the riser and the intensity of the guitars and the screaming into the mic. I remember just being so in awe and so happy. You know that happy when you are smiling like an idiot when you dont even know you are smiling? That deep down pure happy? That was that concert, and specifically that song.
Also, during WDIAROM when Fran stopped signing and just put the mic out to the crowd bc we were singing so loudly was pretty crazy great too.

Craig
Craig Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
this has gotta be my top travis moment after the bournemouth gig where i met the band for the 1st time. was invited into soundcheck as well!! and i had this great pic taken with me fran and dougie after the show!!! was great will never forget it!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/travisrocker/DSC00741.jpg

and then this photo with fran outside the reading hexagon gig on the same tour!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb74/travisrocker/DSC00946.jpg

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
Um, last year in Belfast when Dougie kept smiling at me! :)
Or else when they started The Humpty Dumpty Love Song, my favourite song of all time!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
The end of the last gig of the rehearsal tour in february, in Nottingham. They didn't play Turn in none of the five gigs but...
The last song of that mini-tour was Turn.
And I like to think that that song was for me. Even if it wasn't. But that's my song and... I don't know. I like to think that.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 9:59 PM Quote
isn't every Travis moment the greatest! ;)

sucaa
sucaa Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
Craig you're so lucky!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Um, last year in Belfast when Dougie kept smiling at me! :)
Or else when they started The Humpty Dumpty Love Song, my favourite song of all time!

That was pretty special. I remember that and going "Gawd, it's been a long time!"

Nice memories, keep em coming :)

lidia_bj
lidia_bj Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 11:52 PM Quote

Meeting travis in person!!! in chile!! it was definitely the greatest travis moment!!! amazing!!!!!

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
Meeting them with my then 9-year old daughter. They all took the time to get down to her level and have a chat. She was a bit starstruck [as evidenced by her somewhat awkward appearance in the photos I took of her with each of them (which you can see on my profile page...fancy!)] but loved every moment of it. Oh, and Andy gave her a pick (she plays guitar) which pretty much solidified him as her all-time favorite rock star!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 12:32 AM Quote
Getting a hug from Fran during the intro on the last tour.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 12:50 AM Quote
The whole Mexico City gig in august, that show was just AMAZING!

Fran's face on this video when I tell him that I was the one who left a comment every single day on his MySpace :oP.

And also getting hugs from Andy and Dougie :oD.

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 1:03 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

Fran's face on this video when I tell him that I was the one who left a comment every single day on his MySpace :oP.

That was awesome! Absolutely 100% genuine recognition on his part. Fab!

Joanna Hanner
Joanna Hanner Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 2:11 AM Quote

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 2:37 AM Quote
Joanna Hanner wrote:
i usually just read and don't post but i had to share this one. i probably wouldn't call it the 'greatest' travis moment but its a pretty friggin good story: i got chucked at a travis show when i was like 6 or 7 months preggers. not funny at the time but funny now :) i'm pretty much awesome.

Please give me more details about this. I'm very intrigued.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:55 PM