Travis

ages differences,,, (in relationships)
damon
damon Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
what the boardis think about several diference in ages in a relation ship, i mean male: 24, female: 16 ....

is it too much ?

Re: ages differences,,, (in relationships)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 9:58 PM Quote
The older you get, the less it matters. But for a 16-year-old girl to be with a 24-year-old man, I believe it is too much. Sixteen is still a kid. A 24-year-old man is going to want much more out of the relationship than a 16-year-old should be willing to give.

Hmmmm, seems like there's a song about that.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
Agreed. Matters less as you age so it's more a stage of life thing. But a 16 year old and a 24 year old...I'm going to give that a thumbs down.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:JqB0HeJ8-kJLgM:http://craigandtanya.com/images/Thumbs%2520down.jpg

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
When we were 16, my friend had a 24-year-old boyfriend. Didn't work out.

I think it's true that if you're 16, you're still a teenager, which you aren't at 24. If the age difference is 20 and 28, it's a different story. If it's 31 and 39, it doesn't matter anymore...

dee
dee Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
in my town plenty of 16 year old girls end up going out with 24 year olds and their families are fine with that.
they all seem to be jockeys or work with horses for some reason.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:19 PM Quote
well, in some countries that is actually illegal, but besides the legal issues...
i agree with most on here. 16 year olds and 24 years olds are in a completely different world. I know when i was 16 i was really a kid. At 23, i think i still am.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
If I was 24 and went out with a 16 year old, i'd fully expect the girls father to cut my balls off.

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
as a 24year old myself i'd stay clear, it's a bit sleazy

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
Woah, that's a bit of a stretch. Think of it this way; what do a 16 year old girl (still a child!) and a 24 year old man have in common? Not a whole lot. I agree, as people get older and cross over into full-fledged adulthood, age doesn't seem to matter as much. But 16 and 24? Those are just two totally separate levels of maturity, at two very different points in one's life. I definitely do not agree with that.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
I think it depends on the individual case and the maturity of the people involved. I mean, recently i was going out with a 17-year old (I was 21 at the time) and it worked out fine. Although it ended amicably, there weren't any problems while we were going out

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
If I was 24 and went out with a 16 year old, i'd fully expect the girls father to cut my balls off.

as you should

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
As my friend's mother said of one of her dates:
"Watch out for that one. He knows the ropes."

We laughed, but it's true. A 24-yr-old already has much more dating/romantic experience than a 16-yr-old.

I felt a little weird when I first starting dating my husband when I found out he was almost 5 years old than I was. I was only 19 and I kinda felt like, "Woe, he's a grown-up!"

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
I've had age difference relationships and they just DON'T work when your that young!!!!! (I was young and they old - older lol I think it was a phase). Trust Me! Maybe if she was a bit older then fair enough but to find common ground can be trick, esp for the long term.

I've got that song "Born To Late" in my head. Dunno who it's by!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:41 PM Quote
I see that you are 24 so I am guessing your question is because of a situation (or potential one) in your life.

Another thing to ask yourself is if you're willing to kind of go back to playing by the rules of a 16-year-old. For example dealing with parents and a curfew. Are you OK with hanging out with her friends?

Are you OK with her possibly not being able to go everywhere you would like to go (a bar or a club for example)?

damon
damon Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 11:57 PM Quote
dammmmmm !!!

i exactly knew all your anwsers,,, and i fully agreed, the thing is, and obviously is not an excuse, but at the beggening when we met we didn't know the age difference, and we were ok, the conversation & dancing, everything, even she tought i was younger and i tought she was older, but i do feel stange trying to date a 16 years girl (no woman, girl),

as a matter of fact, in Mexico you could be sued for child abuse, until she's 18 her parents have the rights upon her,,, (i don't the english vocabulary),,,

and yes i don't know if i can stand hanging with 16 girls... hahaha nanananana ! i meet a girl in razz party... she looks she was 19... (u16 girls)

hahahaha

damm, i felt crazy atracted by her,,,, i think i should move over..

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:50 AM