Travis

Ode To J. Smith
glennr2008
glennr2008 Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
Details here, [url=]http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news/15dbad26d814f7030c9023ed7b280b68/Travis+unveil+album.aspx[/url]
it says:

Quote:
Travis have confirmed details of new album Ode To J Smith, out September 29.

Tracks are:

Chinese Blues
J Smith (the first single, released this week)
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Broken Mirror
Last Words
Quite Free
Get Up
Friends
Song To Self

Produced by Patti Smith cohort Emery Dobyns, it was written by Fran Healy, with three co-written by Dougie Payne. An October tour will be revealed soon.

Re: Ode To J. Smith
GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
Thanks for posting this.
Do my eyes deceive me. The listing does not include Before You Were Young. Looks again.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
Hmm interesting - no ' Before you were young' ?

milos
milos Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
It must be a mistake. Why would they remove Before You Were Young from the album?! It's a perfect last song. I hope we get the official announcement on travisonline soon.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
:O Noooooooooo!
I really, really, REALLY hope that's a mistake. I've only heard bits of "Before You Were Young" on YouTube, and even from that crappy recording it sounded amazing!!! I sure hope it's on the album!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
And by the way, that says J. Smith was the first single. I know they did the EP and all that, but was it the first official single? I didn't think it was. :/

milos
milos Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 2:37 PM Quote
The order of songs is also different from how they played it live. Friends and Get Up were in the middle, and Quite Free and Last Words near the end. I liked that better, based on those bad-quality youtube recordings. I was SO excited about Before You Were Young. The song is awesome, especially "the fireworks" ending. (as Fran described it in one of his blogs) I really hope the article isn't true. :(

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
2 words. Hidden track.

milos
milos Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 2:53 PM Quote
It doesn't sound like a hidden track. It sounds like a possible single and a perfect closing track. I don't see a reason to "hide" it.

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
And by the way, that says J. Smith was the first single. I know they did the EP and all that, but was it the first official single? I didn't think it was. :/

I thought Fran said it wouldn't be an official single and was merely a taster of the album....

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 3:22 PM Quote
That is really odd. I can't see why the tracklisting would have changed.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
I haven't heard Before You Were Young, but it's nearly everyone's favourite! I really hope there's a mistake and the song's on the album!

mili
mili Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I haven't heard Before You Were Young, but it's nearly everyone's favourite! I really hope there's a mistake and the song's on the album!

What I've heard of Before you were young, it's a perfect ballard, possibly even better than Sarah (which I love).

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 12:09 AM Quote
where is "before you were young"??

I think will be a mistake if they don't add the song in the album, not in a single...in the ALBUM!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 5:48 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I thought Fran said it wouldn't be an official single and was merely a taster of the album....

That's what I thought as well...

Geez. Now I'm all nervous. That's gotta be wrong. Almost everyone who heard "Before You Were Young" live said it was their favorite and Fran and Dougie were even talking it up big time in their blogs. *pouts* Whaaaaa! :( I want the "gong song"! :P

Oh, and Es...don't even go there, LOL!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:00 AM