Travis

close encounter with TRAVIS
daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 2:10 PM Quote
so... i know many of you had had some close contact with the band
i mean sth like taking pictures together, asking for autographs, talking, hugging......
i am wondering when, where and how did all these happen

Re: close encounter with TRAVIS
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
Mostly after concerts. The band will come out an hour or so after the gig to meet the fans. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 2:31 PM Quote
Agreed. That's the best way to have a chance of meeting them and getting a pic, etc.

damon
damon Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
i met them in the airport,,, before their departure to London, all the fans were crazy, they almost missed their plane, they couldn't check their baggage and they have to take it on board, but as usual they were very nice, fran was amazed after the good material he signed,,, and i had the pleasure to meet my hero !(andy)

cheers

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
daytimeoyster wrote:
i mean sth like taking pictures together, asking for autographs, talking, hugging......

Are you looking for tips or just wanting people to share the fun stories of how they met the band?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 9:29 PM Quote
I met them at their hotel twice (the day before the gig and the day after the gig), and at a radio station once (the day of the gig).
They played in a festival in a stadium in Argentina, so the chances of meeting them after (or before) the gig at the venue were rather small.

Every single time I saw them they were absolutely lovely. I was so nervous and said a few stupid things but they didn't mind :oP. Seriously, they're the nicest band ever :o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
I saw Dougie, Andy and Neil before the Nottingham gig in February. Was walking towards the venue and walked past someone familiar. I then noticed someone else familiar. I stopped, turned around and it was Dougie, Neil and Andy! They were just having a photo taken. I was SOOOO scared. I then asked Neil, "can I have a photo please?" They seemed to be in a rush so I didn't get to chat or say anything other than "thanks" but it was great to get a photo with the 3 of them. It looks like I've replaced Franny as the lead singer! HAHA!

I hope to meet my hero Fran Healy one day and hopefully get to have a few words with him and the others. :) Tuesday February 12th 2008. Great day! Meeting 3/4 of Travis, hearing all the new songs and Fran smiling at me as I sang along with Friends. :) sigh

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
I also met them twice last summer. I pestered a DJ to have them on as guests and then bribed him with brownies to let me come. Got pics with all of them and chatted a bit, especially with Neil.

Then I chatted again with all of them except for Andy after the show.

They are so good to their fans.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I saw Dougie, Andy and Neil before the Nottingham gig in February. Was walking towards the venue and walked past someone familiar. I then noticed someone else familiar. I stopped, turned around and it was Dougie, Neil and Andy! They were just having a photo taken. I was SOOOO scared. I then asked Neil, "can I have a photo please?" They seemed to be in a rush so I didn't get to chat or say anything other than "thanks" but it was great to get a photo with the 3 of them. It looks like I've replaced Franny as the lead singer! HAHA!

I hope to meet my hero Fran Healy one day and hopefully get to have a few words with him and the others. :) Tuesday February 12th 2008. Great day! Meeting 3/4 of Travis, hearing all the new songs and Fran smiling at me as I sang along with Friends. :) sigh

Ahh Nottingham , what a lovely memory I have of that night. One of the best in my mind of all time.What an atmosphere . The aura of J.Smith was in the air . Incredible.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
Absolutely. :) Andy in J Smith and the chorus of Before You Were Young were the stand out moments of the new songs for me. J Smith moment was like 'oh yeah!!!' and Before...'s chorus was like 'woah!!!' SOOOOOO loud I was blown back like Marty McFly at the start of Back To The Future. :) hehe

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
The first time I met them was at the hotel, I didn't know at what time they were going to arrive so I waited there for almost 7 hours before they arrived (honestly there was a moment when I totally lost the hope to get to meet them), but the wait totally worth it, although they look very (extremly) tired they were sooo nice and lovely to all the fans that were there waiting for them, we get the chance to have a pic with each one of them and to get sign some stuff (actually they were willing to sign everything you give them if you asked them to sign it :oP). Even though I wasn't able to say almost anything that was the first time so is unforgettable :o). The next day I met them outside a radio station and even when security guards didn't want that they come out to see the fans they did it anyway, and once again they were so kind.
The third time I met them was in November and it was at the hotel once again (but not the same hotel, was another one). First we saw Fran but he told us that he wanted a moment by himself and that he wanted to go for a coffee, but that he would come out (with the other guys) to have pics with him and sign and everything a few hours later. Even when he asked us to have a moment alone he wasn't rough or anything like that.
They're one of a kind band! I agree they're the nicest band ever! :o)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 3:17 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
we get the chance to have a pic with each one of them and to get sign some stuff (actually they were willing to sign everything you give them if you asked them to sign it :oP).

In my case, me and my friends were so shoked that it was Fran who asked us if he could sign anything for us xD.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 3:41 AM Quote
July 18, 2007 was one of the most fun days I've ever had in my life! After chatting with a Detroit radio DJ through e-mail and complimenting the station for playing Travis, he invited me to sit in on an acoustic session with Fran and Dougie at a studio before the concert. They played three songs and chatted with the 15-20 people in the room between songs. It was so awesome!!!!!

After the performance, my boyfriend and I got to talk briefly with Fran and Dougie. They were SO NICE! We took a picture with them and then went to the venue. We waited and listened to the sound check and then Dougie and Andy came out! Dougie said Hi to us again and I took a picture with Andy and they talked with us again briefly and asked us about a good place to wander before the show, lol. It was surreal knowing they were just walking around my hood. :P Neil walked by once, but looked busy. I was going to say hello, but didn't want to run over to him like a weirdo, lol. Next time :)

OMG. I can't wait to see 'em again live and meet them again.

loria
loria Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 4:20 AM Quote
The guys in Travis are extremely accessible, very friendly and will take time to talk and meet with you - as long as you are equally respectful of where they may need to go or be. I met the guys after three seperate concerts, in Toronto, Chicago and Detroit but especially in Chicago I saw them quite extensively before the show. My friend Hayley and I saw Fran and Dougie, followed by Nigel walking outside the restuarant we were eating at. Later on before the show we saw Neil and Claes hanging out and Andy coming back from Crate and Barrel. Andy actually walked by the line that was forming outside the venue and only a handful of people said hi. He smiled and said hi before continuing on.

So if you want to meet them, just hang around the venue before or after the show. Every single time I've met them they've been just amazing. Such genuine and nice folks.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:20 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
daytimeoyster wrote:

Are you looking for tips or just wanting people to share the fun stories of how they met the band?

tips
thanks for bringing this point

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:58 AM