Travis

Do you do strange things in your sleep?
mili
mili Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
I was jus listening to a Death Cub for Cutie interview + live performance on Minnesota Public Radio, where they discussed things you do in your sleep.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/06/02/death_cab_for_cutie/

The strangest thing I ever did in my sleep was to steal my boyfriends (now hubby) duvet. I had managed to organize my own duvet so that it was under me, and then pinched his. He woke up cold, couldn't find his duvet, it was not on the floor…

Of course I've sleep talked, got up at 3 am to get ready to go to work, etc.

What's the weirdest thing you've done in your sleep?

Re: Do you do strange things in your sleep?
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
sleep

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
I don't know if I do anything weird in my sleep. Probably because I'm asleep.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
sleep

That IS weird! :)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
There have been times where I've revised in my sleep...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
It's not so weird but once I answered the phone when I was asleep. It was my brother Ignacio and we had this conversation:

Igna: Hi, this is Ignacio, who's talking?
Me: Guido (that's my little brother's name).
Igna: What????
Me: There's no time, there's no time.
Igna: Whatever Juli, could you please put mum on the phone?
Me: Yes.
So I passed the call to my mum's bedroom phone.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
My boyfriend will probably kill me for telling you this but it's too funny not to!! In the middle of one night he suddenly jumped out of bed (woke me up, scared me to death) and started saying "oh my god, I've swallowed it, I've swallowed the hamster"...he was in a real panic but I calmed him down and he lay down again and carried on sleeping. The next morning I asked him about it and it turned out he'd been having a dream about holding a hamster which had then crawled on his face and down his throat!! He didn't remember getting out of bed in a panic, I'm sure he was still asleep at that point.
Ok, now I've written this down it doesn't seem so funny, guess you had to have been there at the time!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
I used to be quite a sleepwalker but haven't done that in a long time. I do mutter and talk! And the strangest probably is that I sometimes wake up naked with my clothes around the room! Dunno how they got there but hey. I always wake up cold! Canne sleep in the buff.

mili
mili Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
Mu son's a sleep walker, and you can have a chat with him when he's doing it. He never remembers anything in the morning.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 5:24 PM Quote
Sometimes I dream that the baby is crying. I wake myself up and realize that she's not crying. Then I can't go back to sleep and I start mentally composing a shopping list and wondering how long it's been since my last dentist appointment and wondering if the kids need new shoes for summer or if the old ones still fit and wondering if we'll be able to go on vacation this year and what I should cook for dinner and by then it's 5:00 AM and I can start to hear traffic on the main road behind our house and the birds start chirping and I remember that we were supposed to get an estimate on new gutters and remembering that I was supposed to print some labels for my husband 2 days ago and by then it's time for him to get up and the sun is shining and even with the shades down it's too bright to go back to sleep and so I listen to the radio until he leaves for work and I get up more exhausted than before I went to bed.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
I've been told that I talk a lot in my sleep. And apparently my bones creak - a friend thought there were cockroaches in the room until she realised that the noise came from me!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
My brother was staying in a friends house once, and there were three of them sleeping on the floor in one room, him and two girls, and he starts muttering in his sleep "they put me in this freezing cold room" and one of the girls was like "do you want my jacket?" and he went "No" and then started muttering again "do i want her jacket and look at her she's got a huge blanket!" and he was so angry but didn't remember any of it in the morning!

My sister tells me i snort in my sleep, and once when we were on holidays and sharing a room with two beds, i fell out of my bed and got into hers and she woke up terrified cos there was someone else in her bed with her!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
Lol! Some of the stories here are so funny!! xD!!!

A long time ago a couple of friends and I were sleeping over a friend's house, we all slept in the same room. In the middle of the night I got up, turned on the lights and started screaming something until one of my friends told me to go to bed and I obeyed. My friends told me this the morning after, I don't remember a thing, of course.

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Sometimes I dream that the baby is crying. I wake myself up and realize that she's not crying. Then I can't go back to sleep and I start mentally composing a shopping list and wondering how long it's been since my last dentist appointment and wondering if the kids need new shoes for summer or if the old ones still fit and wondering if we'll be able to go on vacation this year and what I should cook for dinner and by then it's 5:00 AM and I can start to hear traffic on the main road behind our house and the birds start chirping and I remember that we were supposed to get an estimate on new gutters and remembering that I was supposed to print some labels for my husband 2 days ago and by then it's time for him to get up and the sun is shining and even with the shades down it's too bright to go back to sleep and so I listen to the radio until he leaves for work and I get up more exhausted than before I went to bed.

Haha! You sound EXACTLY like my missus.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
I've been told that I talk a lot in my sleep. And apparently my bones creak - a friend thought there were cockroaches in the room until she realised that the noise came from me!

Yeah very strange..haha !

I do some weird noise with my mouth during the night..and sometimes i talk!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:32 PM