Travis

Baby countdown begins :)
minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 2:49 PM Quote
Due date is May 26th...10 more days to go! I really do hope he decides to follow in his cousins' footsteps and come a little early. Memorial Day weekend would be perfect so that I can declare next week as my last work week!!

Kayte--thanks for the post-delivery advice! I welcome any advice ya'll have!

Re: Baby countdown begins :)
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:01 PM Quote
best wishes

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
Oh, good luck Mary! I have two more pieces of advice for you. (I'm just a fount of information, aye?)

9. Remember to pack a robe. Those gowns are quite skimpy and you'll probably have lots of surprise visitors. Or just ask if you can get dressed. I didn't realize the first time that you are not required to wear the gown just because you're in the hospital. (I couldn't get dressed when I had my c-section because they wanted to look at my incision every couple hours. Robe a must!)

10. When you are sure you're in labor GO TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT THEN. I thought it would be nicer to labor most of the way at home. Well, sure. But it is not nice to be in a car when your contractions are 4 minutes apart. It is also not nice having an IV, answering health questions and signing forms when your contractions are now 2 minutes apart. You want to already be in the room. Oh, preregister at the hospital if you can. It'll cut down on some, but not all, paperwork.

Okay--NOW you're ready.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:06 PM Quote
Good luck! Have you thought about any names?

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
My BH contractions have been more intense but they go away pretty fast. One of my sisters didn't know she was having contractions and by the time she got to the hospital, she was already 6 cm dilated! So, I sure hope I know when it's time!

I have my bags packed and ready to go!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:

Thanks! His name is Isaac (means 'he who laughs'). He'll be doing lots of that with his goofball parents!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:15 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:

Thanks! His name is Isaac (means 'he who laughs'). He'll be doing lots of that with his goofball parents!

Aww that's a great name!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
May 26th is the Mother's Day in Poland :)

Good luck, fingers crossed!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:

Now that's for sure!!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:

Now that's for sure!!

You know an Aunt's job is to spoil their nephew rotten, right?!

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Best wishes for these last 10 days!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
Here's my 2 cents...Go out to eat as much as possible before the baby comes! Having a nice dinner out without child is one of the things I miss the most! Also, don't try to be a hero like I did, take the pain meds afterwards for as long as you are in pain. Good luck to ya :)

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Here's my 2 cents...Go out to eat as much as possible before the baby comes! Having a nice dinner out without child is one of the things I miss the most! Also, don't try to be a hero like I did, take the pain meds afterwards for as long as you are in pain. Good luck to ya :)

Yep, we started weekly date nights a couple of months ago so that we can enjoy as much one-on-one time together. This weekend may be our last free weekend so we're going to make the most of it.

th74
th74 Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
Good luck! How exciting! Enjoy your next 10 days. Have you knitted all kinds of cute stuff?

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Fri 16 May, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
Good luck! How exciting! Enjoy your next 10 days. Have you knitted all kinds of cute stuff?

Oh, yes! Unfortunately I don't have the pics on my work laptop...I made him some booties, a sweater tank top, a striped hat and a Longhorn cap (that's where he'll be attending college in 18 years...much to my hubby's dismay--he's a Gopher!).

Cathy (craftycathy) knitted him the cutest sweater/bootie set along with mittens and a cap. I'll have to post pics when I'm at home.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:16 PM