Travis

Re: Buster
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 1:53 PM Quote
spid wrote:
How sad and horrid. Best wishes sent your way and hugs for the kids. Nasty dogs - I hope you have had words with the owners.

Two people who work at our regular vet live in the neighborhood and they have seen that brown pit bull roaming around. Still trying to determine where it lives. There will be VERY strong words said when I figure out which fucktard owns it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 2:02 PM Quote
Oh, Anne, that's so terrible. My thoughts are with your family.

Maybe try calling the Humane Society or the Animal Control Division of the Police Department to look for the dogs, and have that neighbor call, too. You can't have vicious dogs running around loose in the neighborhood. Pit bulls will attack small children.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 2:10 PM Quote
I just filed a police report and am going to ask everyone I know who lives around here to find out where that dog lives. I agree; it's not just about being upset about Buster being dead. If they would attack a cat just sitting in his yard, what makes me think they won't attack my children? Buster was 16 pounds and Catherine is only 30.

th74
th74 Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
Ah Anne, I'm really sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. It's so sad.

mili
mili Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
So sorry to hear about Buster, hope the owner of the dogs will be heavily fined or even better, locked up. Hope Buster didn't suffer too much.

A friend of mine's cat had similar fate, two loose dogs rand through their gate and attacked the cat in their own garden. The owner of those dogs was a total ****head, too.

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 2:49 PM Quote
I'm sorry :(
My aunt had a dog, and when he died everyone in her house was very sad. I can't understand the situation cause I've never had pets at home.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
Anne, I'm so sorry! I don't know what I'd do if I lost one of my pets. That is so sad.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I just filed a police report and am going to ask everyone I know who lives around here to find out where that dog lives. I agree; it's not just about being upset about Buster being dead. If they would attack a cat just sitting in his yard, what makes me think they won't attack my children? Buster was 16 pounds and Catherine is only 30.

Oooh...that's right. A few years ago, my aunt took her kids for a walk in my grandma's neighborhood, where there are a ton of kids. The were walking along, minding their own business, when this pitbull comes charging full-speed at them. She threw herself on them, but it didn't help too much. Fortunately, this man was driving along, and saw, so he got out and helped. One of her kids (the younger one about 3-4) got mauled...he's okay now, but man it was scary!
Turns out, the owner of the pitbull actually breeds them at their house. Isn't that awful? Tons of kids walk passed this house to school everyday.

Anne...I really hope you find the owners of those dogs!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Anne...I really hope you find the owners of those dogs!

I am working on it. I have talked to a few neighbors already and called a friend on another street who is also going to talk to her neighbors (one of whom is the president of the neighborhood association).

I'm giving everyone the number animal control gave me to call if we see the dogs. I have to ask my neighbor to give a witness statement and if they can catch the dogs and he confirms it's them we can get them declared dangerous and they either have to keep them in a special pen or put them down.

What a mess. I wish I could just grieve for my cat.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
Aw I'm sorry :(

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
I hope you find the owners of those dogs! It's really dangerous. Good thing that your neighbours are helping.

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
So sorry to hear about that. Why can't people control their bloody dogs?

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
Anne, I'm so sorry for your loss. Irresponsible pet ownership is one of the things that really bugs me. Being an owner of a pitbull requires even more responsibility than most. I sure hope you find the owners and they get ticketed and the dogs get quarantined. F@#%ERS!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:52 AM Quote
Possible "good" news:
Our tenant told me a friend of theirs heard on the news that animal control had picked up a pit bull near our house who had just attacked a dog.

I looked on the local news websites and couldn't find anything so I just called the sheriff's office. They don't know the specifics so I will have to call back in the morning but they did see in the records that a dog at was picked up at 5:30 this morning on my street.

I REALLY hope this is the dog. It has no chance if it's attacked two animals in less than a day. And I am fine with this.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:11 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I REALLY hope this is the dog. It has no chance if it's attacked two animals in less than a day. And I am fine with this.

I'd be fine with that as well. Pit bulls don't stand much a chance anyhoo. If I'm not mistaken, legally, after an attack the dog is to be quarantined for 10 days, not exactly a cheap thing to do. Given that the owners of the dog are obviously idiots, they won't want to pay that and then you know what happens. I worked at the SPCA in Houston for a while and they euthanize all pits because of what they can and are known for doing. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. Working in the vets office, I saw tons of dogs and cats come in after pit bull attacks, friggin ridiculous. Ok, I went off there. Best of luck!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:29 AM