Travis

Buster
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:38 AM Quote
It breaks my heart to have to tell you that the first baby my hubby and I had- Buster the cat- has passed away. He was sitting in the bushes this afternoon and two dogs ran up and attacked him. I took him to the vet but his lungs were too damaged and he passed away. We are devastated.

http://render1.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4Pl-ofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQoexlJJxal0xv8uOc5xQQQJPlPPlQG00qpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPal%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

This was last spring when he had his roll in the mud. He just turned 10 in March.

Re: Buster
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:43 AM Quote
Oh Anne, I'm so sorry. I know how much he meant to you and your family.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:43 AM Quote
Rest in peace, Buster. So sad, so sorry to hear this. Anne, I hope you and your family (especially the kids) are okay.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:47 AM Quote
Catherine doesn't know yet (she was asleep when he died) but Aidan was still up so Brian told him. When I got home he was still awake and very upset. I honestly don't know if they'll be able to go to school tomorrow.

One of Aidan's classmate's mom was the vet at the emergency hospital and she was the one who treated him. She said when their dog died last year she kept her kids home. Buster was a member of the family.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:03 AM Quote
Oh, I'm so sorry!! =o(

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:10 AM Quote
REALLY sorry for you . Take care

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:55 AM Quote
I'm so sorry Anne. He was beautiful.
*Hugs*

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 5:46 AM Quote
I'm so sorry Anne. :(

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 7:41 AM Quote
Oh my gosh that is absouletly devasting news. I'm so sorry. They really are a part of the family. Hope the kids will be okay and yourself and husband too.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 8:44 AM Quote
Really sorry to hear that I totally understand how pets can become a part of your life and a member of your family,

Why can't people control their dogs, it makes me a little angry that you guys are suffering now because some fuckwit allows their dogs to roam wild.

Thoughts are with you.

Steve

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 11:48 AM Quote
Sorry to hear about that. I must say , i can stand the fact that people just dont care about taking control of their dogs. Dog leads were made for a reason.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 12:19 PM Quote
Oh, I'm so sorry Anne! :(

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 12:25 PM Quote
Thanks guys.

A neighbor who saw the attack said it was two guys- one a white mutt and one a brown pit bull. There happened to a be a cop at the end of the street so he immediately told him what had happened. Of course no one knows where the dogs went.

While I was at the vet my husband walked around the neighborhood a bit and saw a car with two dogs in it that were brown and white turning onto a street near ours. He didn't know if it was the same dogs but size and color wise it could have been.

Whoever owns those dogs should feel lucky I don't own a shotgun because I am so upset and angry right now. I keep thinking what if my kids had been outside. If they attacked a cat sitting there whose to say what they would have done to one of them?

I slept but had a horrible nightmare about the whole thing right before I woke up.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
RIP Buster.

I hope you can find comfort in fond memories, Anne.

spid
spid Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 1:38 PM Quote
How sad and horrid. Best wishes sent your way and hugs for the kids. Nasty dogs - I hope you have had words with the owners.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:00 PM