Travis

Who will save your soul?
th74
th74 Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 3:03 PM Quote
I was at the gym last night, and as I was walking around the track, a nice older woman stopped me and started talking to me. As I removed my headphones, I realized she was asking if I spoke Spanish, since she wanted to give me a copy of the New Testament written in Spanish and English, which she tried putting in my hand. I politely declined and continued on my walk, but I couldn't help but wonder if I looked like I needed divine intervention as I was working out!

Re: Who will save your soul?
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
I was at the gym last night, and as I was walking around the track, a nice older woman stopped me and started talking to me. As I removed my headphones, I realized she was asking if I spoke Spanish, since she wanted to give me a copy of the New Testament written in Spanish and English, which she tried putting in my hand. I politely declined and continued on my walk, but I couldn't help but wonder if I looked like I needed divine intervention as I was working out!

are we supposed to react ?

th74
th74 Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 3:10 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Sure, you can if you want. I was posting since, for some reason, random people approach me frequently with weird requests and I thought I'd share this one example.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
Ah, I had an experiance like that too! It was Christmas time and I walked after school through the town and was a bit depressed because I missed my train and it was so cold. So as I walked on, a woman came to me and gave me some sweets and nuts and stuff like that in a small bag (they were sharing it all over the street) and said: "For you, because Jesus loves you as well. And to put back the smile on your face."

I didn't know that I looked that bad!

And once there was a man who tried to share small bibles on school place...

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Sure, you can if you want. I was posting since, for some reason, random people approach me frequently with weird requests and I thought I'd share this one example.

the same thing happens to HAWT MOM all the time apparently !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
The Aphex Twin Will Eat Your Soul apparently.

Mauro Picotto will Save a Soul

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
th74 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

the same thing happens to HAWT MOM all the time apparently !

It's true. I attract the crazy.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
th74 wrote:

Nah sometimes the "god botherers" will just accost you for no reason what so ever. I call them God Botherers because I think even God sometimes thinks "will you feck off and stop annoying me". I had a discussion about this at the weekend, I really have no problem with having Christian Values, as long as you do not force your beliefs on to other people, but then a Christian value is to Live and Let Live so therefore it's allready a paradox but being a good Christian and having Christian values are two completely different things. I think anyway.

Dubz

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
I'd have to agree with ya Dubz. As a (good) Christian girl i've never understood how those "God botherers" (as you appropriately called them) could possibly think walking up to a stranger and saying things like "where will you go when you die?" or pressing a bible in to their hands will honestly change their belief system. Honestly, at the core it's about having relationships with one another. If you see my actions and behavior towards you are motivated by love and that leaves a positive mark on your heart then I think I've done my best to reflect God's love.

sigh...those people sometimes do more harm than good i'm afraid. haha sorry if you were creeped out Jolene. ;)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
There's someone round Camden telling everyone they are going to hell if they don't change their ways. I fucking hate it when people force their beliefs down my throat, vegetarians tend to do a lot of that too.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
vegetarians tend to do a lot of that too.

We're not all that bad Grinner, honest!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
oh so true grinner...i find vegans to be the worst!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
I totally thought this was a post about someone professing their love for Jewel. I am so glad it is not.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I totally thought this was a post about someone professing their love for Jewel. I am so glad it is not.

hahaha...that's what popped in my head too! Unfortunately now that song is in my head. :P

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
oh so true grinner...i find vegans to be the worst!

Hahaha I can relate to that one.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:28 AM