Travis

What does your family think of Travis?
Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:20 PM Quote
My mother doesn't like Travis very much and neither does my father. :( My mother loves "Flowers In The Window" and my father loves all the rocky songs. What about yours?

Re: What does your family think of Travis?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
My Sister is into the rnb side of things so not her.
My Dad enjoys Travis. Not a huge fan but he has the cds i made for the car and he's been to every Travis gig with me. So yeah, he enjoys them.
Mum 'likes' Travis but she really isn't a music person but she came to see them with us in February and enjoyed it more than she thought she would apparently.
I made 3 cds for my Grandma of b sides and album tracks and she enjoyed them i think. I was looking yesterday to see if i could whip together a 4th but i don't think U16 Girls would be her thing. lol Might have to wait for the new album (Last Words maybe) and some new b sides.

mili
mili Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
My husband likes them and kids tolerate... they can sing along to Closer by now (thanks to my repeated listening of it + some radioplay) and kind of like Travis videos. Not really their cup of tea. After all, my daughter is into Rihanna.
Haven't asked my parents, don't think they've even heard of Travis, they're more jazz and classics kind of people.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
My family loves Travis! Obviously, I introduced the band to them, but they really love their songs.

My Mom has GREAT taste in music. She surprises me all the time with these new bands she knows, lol. She pretty much loves all of their songs, but some of her favorites are: "Love Will Come Through," "Why Does It Always Rain On Me," "Driftwood," "The Cage," "Flowers In The Window," and "Side"... she's got all of their albums programmed into her touch-screen MyGig car radio...along with her Radiohead collection. :P

My brother has "The Man Who" on his Zune. It's one of his favorite albums. He's really into "Writing To Reach You," "As You Are," "Last Laugh Of The Laghter" and "Turn"...

My Dad always sings "Why Does It Always Rain On Me" when I've got my Travis DVD on and he really thinks they're an underrated band. He loves "As You Are" and I played him TBWNN when it first came out last May and he really loved "Sailing Away" !

I've converted my boyfriend Mike into a Travis fan as well. He loves hearing them live more so than on recordings. He finds them to be a bit to mellow on CD, but was blown away when we saw them for the second time together in July (first time was in 2003)...he said that they improved so much and it was the best concert he's ever been to. And as a musician himself, he said that he could tell Andy was a great guitarist and he loved how into the music he was. His favorite songs are "Driftwood," "Turn" and "My Eyes" (see his drum cover of it on my profile). :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
My parents are big fans of the band. They've seen them quite a few times with me and my dad asked to join me in Montreux!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:40 PM Quote

My mum likes Travis, my older sister doesn't like them, my another older sister loves travis but no like me =P, my dad saw all the Travis videos on YouTube with me, he likes them but no so much.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
My parents are big fans of the band. They've seen them quite a few times with me and my dad asked to join me in Montreux!

That's so cool, Lucile! I'd love to take my Mum to a Travis concert someday. She's a wimp when it comes to loud music though. When I played "J.Smith" for her, I handed her the headphones (which were at the volume level I had been listening to the song at on a constant loop, lol) she was like "OMG! TURN IT DOOOWN!" :P I like my music loud.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Lucile wrote:

That's so cool, Lucile! I'd love to take my Mum to a Travis concert someday. She's a wimp when it comes to loud music though. When I played "J.Smith" for her, I handed her the headphones (which were at the volume level I had been listening to the song at on a constant loop, lol) she was like "OMG! TURN IT DOOOWN!" :P I like my music loud.

I know, I'm lucky to have cool parents! My mum can't make it to the French festival because she has to work but she would have come otherwise. (We're both going to see Stereophonics 3 times in a week in June!) As for my dad, he saw Travis in Hamburg and Madrid last year - you should have seen him jump up and down on the front row during the WDIAROM pogo session! He's 56 but he was really into it!

You should take your mum one day. I'm sure she would love it. Just make sure she has earplugs! I've got sensitive ears too so I always wear earplugs. It doesn't keep me from enjoying it :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Lucile wrote:

I know, I'm lucky to have cool parents! My mum can't make it to the French festival because she has to work but she would have come otherwise. (We're both going to see Stereophonics 3 times in a week in June!) As for my dad, he saw Travis in Hamburg and Madrid last year - you should have seen him jump up and down on the front row during the WDIAROM pogo session! He's 56 but he was really into it!

You should take your mum one day. I'm sure she would love it. Just make sure she has earplugs! I've got sensitive ears too so I always wear earplugs. It doesn't keep me from enjoying it :)

Oh yeah! The pogo!!! My Dad's 61 and my Mom is 58...but I think they'd have a riot at a Travis show!! Oh gosh...just picturing it in my mind now. HAHA!

spid
spid Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
Hubby is fine but not as obsessed - he doesn't like Good Feeling though. Kids are okay. As the my parent and hubby's parent - my dad only listens to Classical and hubby's mum only listens to Swing, so we are on a road to nowhere there.

varz
varz Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
My mum likes them, shes even been to one of their concerts with me - which is impressive seeing as she only ever goes to see people like Elton John... My dad nicked my Travis albums + has them on in his car a lot, so I assume he quite likes them too! + my sister has been to a good few concerts with me... I wouldn't say shes a fan but she does like them too!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
I got my mom hooked and she wants to see them the next time they are around. I really cannot picture her pogoing though. Lol. She is getting her coworkers hooked as well! Success!

elodie
elodie Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
My mother likes Travis, even if she doesn't know every song by them, she came with me in Paris in June to see them and was really happy of the show! :-) She even asked me to put TBWNN on her iPod!

My dad is a big fan of The Beatles, Supertramp, the Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin... he doesn't know very well Travis and always looks a bit bored when I try to make him listen to their songs... :/ but I think that 'Ode To J Smith' will be an album that he will like, with all these rocky tunes...

brenda_94_56
brenda_94_56 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
well my mom things im crazy!!!!!!
and also my brothers !!!!!!!
i dont know why :p

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
One member of my family realy likes Travis.

Thought: If we could get all members of our family to like Travis, wouldn't that make them the biggest band in the world! Hehehe.... lol :-D

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:26 PM