Travis

Hey all
paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
Not been on here in a little while- hi everyone. How are you all?

Today's been a strange day. I had my last ever class in uni, so i was a bit overcome with emotion earlier. The end of an era. 4 years gone, and only 3 exams left to do before i finish. Best time of my life though. I really have had a ball.

Speaking of (foot)balls, i also got word yesterday that there's a very good chance me and my band could be playing at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland in August- so perhaps a chance for some English boardies to catch a glimpse of what i do! : )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/beezilhunter/StadiumofLightBright.jpg
I'm terrified...

Re: Hey all
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
What's that with the band?

And yeah, I remember that feeling of having the last class... the strangest thing ever though was to hand in my thesis. We were three girls handing it in at the same time, and we went out for lunch afterwards. It was somehow a very emotional day :o)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:44 PM Quote
Hey Paul,

Playing in a Stadium? Wow, isn't that, like, really big? Like U2 big, lol. Well good luck for August then. :o

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
Congratulations, paul!!

First, for having completed your last class ever at Uni...that's a wonderful accomplishment! I remember my last day--I too was overcome with emotions!

Secondly, that's awesome about the possibility of playing there! That's HUGE!

(wow, could i use more exclamation marks?)

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:28 PM Quote
A stadium??? Wow, that's amazing!

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:53 PM Quote
Congratulations!

Enjoy every single minute of it. I just finish school couple months ago and I never thought I would miss it this much.

I’m a fan of EPL and hopefully they will show some clips on you on the TV.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 2:26 PM Quote
you'll be playing football that is ?

varz
varz Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Today's been a strange day. I had my last ever class in uni, so i was a bit overcome with emotion earlier. The end of an era. 4 years gone, and only 3 exams left to do before i finish. Best time of my life though. I really have had a ball.

I finish for good on Wednesday... Exams + all. I'm with you on the emotional-ness of it all, I know it'll just be weird working and not chilling out with my friends everyday! :(

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
Paul, I sent you a PM about your ep. Congratulations on finishing Uni and to this wonderful opportunity to play in that massive stadium! If any boardies go, take pics and post 'em!!! Is it part of a festival? If so, any big name bands playing?

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 12:21 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I'm terrified...

:O!!!!!!!!!
Best Luck Paul!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 10:11 AM Quote
Awwwwwww the last days on Uni are SO emotional!!! I hated leaving! Handing in the thesis was mega too I think I nearly had a nervous breakdown! lol And yeah load of us all went out for lunch to celebrate. The last exam was so weird, it almost didn't feel real. God I miss my uni days!!!! Best days ever! Then you grow up and start paying bills and get dragged into the mundane! It sucks! :p lol

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Not been on here in a little while- hi everyone. How are you all?

Speaking of (foot)balls, i also got word yesterday that there's a very good chance me and my band could be playing at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland in August- so perhaps a chance for some English boardies to catch a glimpse of what i do! : )

I'm terrified...

wow ! so good !

can't really comiserate with you on lat day at uni though, I hated college and was glad it was all over ! Will you be staying on in Glasgow for a while ?

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 11:31 AM Quote
I hated leaving uni as well two years ago. So much so that I got myself a teaching position there and I embarked on a PhD (even if I always said I did NOT want to do a PhD!)! I guess that somehow all teachers want to remain in the school system because they don't want to grow up!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:38 PM