Travis

Re: 3 Minute Rock Opera
Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 10:49 PM Quote
Hi Fran!
Yes we all like it very much and it has us all anxious for more! I love it more and more every time I listen. This album is going to be amazing. Oh yes.

Many thanks!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:

Yes we all like it very much

Yeah, well, I think I like it. I reckon I'll like it best when it's tucked between two other tracks on the album.

I see it almost more as a instrumental than a song in the usual Travis sense, if you know what I mean. It's not your typical verse-chorus kinda thing. I think I'm not going to listen to it any more until it's officially released, so I can hear it with relatively fresh ears come release day. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/1-Smile.gif

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
This is music really moving on. Its such a great combination . I think its very skilled the way it moves across spheres . I would like to hear a long version , it holds so much interest , maybe as time goes on and J Smith takes the stage :)

Are
Are Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
There is no promo out there. I just played Nic the track and he played it on the show. I didn't realise it was archived... hahaa... there you go... fate deals a pretty fair hand. Glad you all like it. Very excited that it is floating about.

If it hadn't been archived I never would have heard it.

BTW, remember me Fran? I was the loud guy asking for "U16 Girls" both at the Oct-28-07 Sentrum Scene, Oslo, NO and the
Jun-17-07 Norwegian Wood Festival, Oslo, NO show, and you played it both nights even though it wasn't planned for the show! (I saw the printed setlists)

I loved the raw sound of Good Feeling, so you think I like the new song? OH YES!

I love your music guys, just love it more than words can say!

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:35 PM Quote
Holy shit! Sorry, but I mean, Jesus.

Just listened the song for the first time and I'm simply speechless. It's so good that I can't even cope with it.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:52 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
That has decided me . I couldn't get a link so have had to listen to 40 mins of the show every time I want a listen :(
request a long version live :)

It did something like that to me too! I could only hear the end and then it was some kind of mixed through with that new Coldpay-song so I was really confused. So thank you very much for uploading it as MP3, so I am able to listen to the whole song now. And it is fantastic! It's brilliant! When I first heard it I thought: "Mmh, doesn't sound like Travis at all... but it sounds good." The second time it was like someone putted on the light in my head! I just sat there and couldn't think of anything. Like I had become drunk or was set on drugs without realizing it. I've never had an experience like this and so I got to thank you Travis, THANK YOU for giving that song to us! ;)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
Hey Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil!

Love the song, it is amazing, love the new style and the rockier feel and the choir in the back, guitar is great in it too and the bass and drumming! Love the singing too, the "ohhhh ohhhhhh ohhhhh" bit is great. Now I really really can't wait for the album!

Thanks guys! =]

elodie
elodie Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 11:57 PM Quote
Your song is amazing, Fran... sounds already like a classic ;-) My favourite part is when Andy plays his solo, and the guitar riff at the beginning! The drums are great too.
I guess the new album will be perfect...

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:04 AM Quote
bloody hell!!!.I liked it a lot!

thanks mr. Healy

thanks mr. Dunlop

many Queen at the studio???

and...

HABEMUS PAPAM!!!!

xD

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:23 AM Quote
Am I retarded?! I can't find the damn song. Is it gone? Anyone help.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:29 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Am I retarded?! I can't find the damn song. Is it gone? Anyone help.

No, you are not retarded. It is gone. Look on the KCRW Goes Electric thread, page 12 and The Boy With the Cryptic Name posted a link to the MP3.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 12:35 AM Quote
Thanks! I get some stomach virus and don't look at the computer at the worst times ;)

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:24 AM Quote
fran thanks for this.

love the choir

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:37 AM Quote
Can I be in the choir when you come to Austin?

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:47 AM Quote
Fran, I soo love you right now

That was amazing...

wow

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:02 AM