Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
I loved J. Smith straight away but after listening to nothing else than this song on my way to and back from work, I love it even more!

How are you listening to it on your way to and from work?!? (Sorry, I'm sooo behind with all the music MP3s and all that stuff).

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
Nikki, Big Chair was the first one heard from The Boy but never became a single so I really don't know if it means anything at all that its been played. I think Song To Self is a more likely single to be honest.

I have an mp3 now that I could always email you, though it won't be 'til later on. I'm on my iPod right now see. Won't be for about 4 hours but I could if you don't get one in the time before then. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Nikki, Big Chair was the first one heard from The Boy but never became a single so I really don't know if it means anything at all that its been played. I think Song To Self is a more likely single to be honest.

I have an mp3 now that I could always email you, though it won't be 'til later on. I'm on my iPod right now see. Won't be for about 4 hours but I could if you don't get one in the time before then. :)

Oh would you? :) Thanks so much!!! (PM on the way)!

Ah, you've got a point there. Forgot about "Big Chair." Just like with "Big Chair," J. Smith is a great song, but from what I've heard through YouTube, there are a few others that might make better singles I think...but to be honest, all Travis songs rock so it doesn't really matter, I guess. :P

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

How are you listening to it on your way to and from work?!? (Sorry, I'm sooo behind with all the music MP3s and all that stuff).

I recorded it on my MD :)

TravisBickle
TravisBickle Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
ALUCINANTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreakyMaru
FreakyMaru Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:04 PM Quote
ah...speechless. What a nice birthday present!
the outro is OH MY GOD!!

TravisBickle
TravisBickle Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
insisto: ALUCINANTE!!

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
I'm still not sure if I get the entire thing right (sorry, sometimes I am really slow...) Is it right that we only hear a part of the song because I don't know when the song starts and when it ends, it changes so slowly from Coldplay to Travis... and then there is a short part of music and then there is a lot of talking and then it changes to something completely different. Did I do something wrong or am I right and I just have to listen to it again?

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
I'm still not sure if I get the entire thing right (sorry, sometimes I am really slow...) Is it right that we only hear a part of the song because I don't know when the song starts and when it ends, it changes so slowly from Coldplay to Travis... and then there is a short part of music and then there is a lot of talking and then it changes to something completely different. Did I do something wrong or am I right and I just have to listen to it again?

I don't think you did anything wrong. It starts right after the Coldplay song and it lasts 3 minutes. Have another listen.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
FreakyMaru wrote:
ah...speechless. What a nice birthday present!
the outro is OH MY GOD!!

Happy Birthday!! Or late birthday, saw it was yesterday on your profile!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:

I think the song ends when the guy starts presenting the songs and it starts when Chris Martin shuts up. It goes from 00:40:24 to 00:43:26. I don't know if it's an edited version though...

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
AAAAAAHHH! I could hit me for my stupidness! I was listening to it all the time but my computer didn't change the sign "Coldplay" to "Travis"!
This song is... can't find the words for it! It's great, it's amazing, it's TRAVIS!

Thank you so much for helping me to find this great song! You definitely made my evening!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
No the song isn't edited at all. That is it in full. And how awesome it is. :)

Elein
Elein Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:40 PM Quote
WOW. Honestly, first time I heard it, i didn't like it. But now, it has totally grabbed me. This song is so many things at the same time, it's almost like a movie, or a sound track. It starts out cool, turns travis-lovely, gets rocky, and when the choir begins its soooo beautiful, I just want to weep, then booom! it's Jimi/Andy rocky, before it's scary actually, and it ends up travis-lovely again. What a trip!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 8:40 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Delia24Oct07 wrote:

when Chris Martin shuts up.

LMAO!

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:11 AM