Travis

Re: I fall in love with my best friend
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:
Get him really really drunk, then get yourself really really drunk and make out. It'll be awkward for a couple days after till you talk about it, but it'll all work out in the long run.

That's the worst advice I hever ever heard of. lol

I dunno, it'd get rid of the elephant in the room and you can see from his reaction after the awkward part is over whether he felt it was a mistake or not without having to say everything straight out

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
I say be honest with him. For all you know he could feel the same? And if not, it might be a bit awkward for a while, but then again it might be alrite! You will never know until you find out.

And it's always best to tell them, coz that way you won't regret not having done and missing your chance...

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
It's exactly how two of my best friends got together 5 years ago. And they've been happy since. It was never goign to happen any other way as well!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:
Get him really really drunk, then get yourself really really drunk and make out. It'll be awkward for a couple days after till you talk about it, but it'll all work out in the long run.

That's the worst advice I hever ever heard of. lol

I dunno, it'd get rid of the elephant in the room and you can see from his reaction after the awkward part is over whether he felt it was a mistake or not without having to say everything straight out

But if he's not into her, things would get really awkward and embarrassing and it could really ruin their friendship.

I'd say- better talk with him.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
Psshaww. Talking is for sissy's! They've been talking for years and where's that got them?! it's time for ACTION!

Unless the talking starts off with "I want to be on you". In which case it's allowed.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Psshaww. Talking is for sissy's! They've been talking for years and where's that got them?! it's time for ACTION!

Unless the talking starts off with "I want to be on you". In which case it's allowed.

lol. I can't believe you're still single.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
As someone whose been on the bad side of truthful feelings twice i can give some input here. I'm no expert and the way i did it helped me but it can be different for each person.

The first time was with my best friend and i was convinced i was in love with him and after many months of fighting i decided to tell him. I only decided to tell him because i couldn't stand it anymore and because of the way we acted around each other it felt like it'd be a good thing in telling him. He rejected me and said he didn't feel the same way and it was more like a brother/sister thing to him. This actually confused me more because he said that but acted in a different way. Things were rubbish after that and i eventually woke up to the fact the guy was psycho. So telling him actually made things worse and very intense and crazy (on his part not my own) but i learnt that he wasn't a friend at all and i wasn't in love with him, i was dillusional under his control, he was plain using me and i wasn't myself anymore.

The second time was a long time after and it wasn't love just telling a friend i liked him, again after i felt like there were signs. Again i was wrong because he didn't see me that way but because he was a friend he said he flattered and it wouldn't be awkward and hoped that i could get past it and be friends. We didn't talk for a while (partly because i wanted to get past it and felt like i'd ruin it if i got caught up in it and it wasn't him not talking to me because of what i said) but now we're getting talking again and we're past it all.

So to sum up. I'd make sure you're feelings are really that and not just a temporary thing, make sure you're really positive before you open your mouth and if he's your best friend you probably know how he's going to react if it is a rejection and if he was always going to be a true friend then he should let you down gently and help you get past it. Or it could be the total opposite and he's been too worried to tell you too.

Personally i'd use Moray's way now after my own experiences! Dunno if that's helped or if it's just my usual ramble but good luck with whatever decision you make :)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

lol i concur!

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
I remember feeling like this about a good friend. I really liked him for 2 years and never in all that time had the guts to tell and I kinda wish I had. Anyhoo i ended up getting together with another guy who I like as much as I liked the first guy.

I would say tell him but I know how hard that might be and I was never able to do it.

Good luck!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
When I was 16 I really liked this friend of mine but didn't want to tell him. Once we were both really drunk and he grabbed me and we started kissing and I was so happy. Then he leaned over and threw up.

Then he tried to kiss me again. I said no and walked away.

We never spoke of it. Can't imagine why.

Lesson: the drunk make-out to lead to a talk plan doesn't always work out.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
When I was 16 I really liked this friend of mine but didn't want to tell him. Once we were both really drunk and he grabbed me and we started kissing and I was so happy. Then he leaned over and threw up.

Ewwww! LOL

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Ewwww! LOL

sorry to hear that LOL

yeah, it's a little risky trying to tell your best friend you love him, cause you don't know if he's gonna say 'me too', or 'what are you talking about?' you might think it would be weird telling him the truth, cause if he says not, being normal friends again should be strange, but if he is really your best friend, then he should say 'oh no, sorry, i love you as a friend, is that ok?' or he might say 'i have felt the same way for ages!' anyway, take a chance ;) and don't take any man's advice LOL :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
It seems like you've reached a point where you can't be friends with him without knowing if he feels the same way. If you are so consumed with trying to read signs and decide what to do that does not seem like much of a friendship to me so I think it's worth the risk.

Carmencita
Carmencita Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 8:56 PM Quote
Friends ... thank you for your words...I will try to do the better thing for the two :-)

dee
dee Posted Wed 26 Mar, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
whatever happens i wish you the best of luck.
also if it counts the alcohol thing always seems like the most fun route to take!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:12 AM