Travis

Re: Best ever Travis gig
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 3:18 AM Quote
My best gig ever (uh...out of the two I've been to, lol) was July 18, 2007 - Clutch Cargos, Pontiac, MI. Best day EVER! Met the band before the gig at a studio session, front row in a small, packed venue with some very excited, loud and HAPPY Travis fans!!!!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 5:20 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
galletitabonita wrote:
I have attended to only 2 Travis gigs
but I could say...

Sports Palace, Mexico City - August 2nd, 2007

The best gig Ever!!!
31 songs!!!

(in my crazy opinion...)

The same here =P.
That gig was amazing, explosive, unique... I don't know, there are no words to describe it =).
31 songs!!! It really was unbelievable and unexpected, but it was AWESOME!

3 votes now ^^

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 6:42 AM Quote
aren't you think it was much better in feb 2004?? or it's only me? that gig was AWESOME!!

wee
wee Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
I've seen Travis about 10 times, or so...the best time was traveling all the way to the UK from America (my first time) and getting to watch them from the side of the stage (having backstage passes)on this elevated platform,as they headlined Glastonbury in 2000...looking at the same 100,000 people that Travis was also looking out at, all the fires burning, flags waving, people jumping up and down,Fran's energy,amazing experience!

And then the other best time, again back in 2000, was a kind of random small show in Milwaukee, WI at Marquette University. I went to school there for a brief stint long ago and they played the theater where my history lecture used to be, bizarre! And I drove there and back (10+) hours same day to see them by myself, got in the front row. It was a super intimate show, Fran telling tons of great stories to the audience, saying it felt like his living room. They brought out their guitar tech, surprising him (I think his name was Nic) because it was his last show before his wife was giving birth and he played a song with them. And then to top it off Fran gave me his set list from the stage after the show, and I got to get a picture with him after and have him sign it...

Ah, the memories -

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
aren't you think it was much better in feb 2004?? or it's only me? that gig was AWESOME!!

You´re right. But the others who not attended that gig don´t undestand...

For me, all gigs with YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE are great.

Is difficult choose some gig. The first time with Travis at Mexico 04 was magical, amazing. All the songs (especially All The Young Dudes, Jason Falkner, my 2 setlists, Andy´s cap, Fran singing Flowers In The Window without mic and ampls.)
I´m agree with you Erika...

But the others has the same level to be a great gig. The 31 songs at sport palace, the airport, meeting Claes for first time.
The "travis adventure" at Guadalajara, the fog in Mexico City, the night at W Hotel.
Cambridge was super, the new Fran´s guitar, Vox ampl, The first song Chinese Blues was awasome. The first time listening Sailing Away at live, fran singing Falling Down. All europe trip...

Then, there aren´t a best gig. All Travis gigs are special for us.

GSM1968 wrote:
All Travis gigs are great.
In your opinion, are Travis even better depending on the venue..
small or big venue, indoors, outdoors?

Completly agree with you. Nice topic!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
Paris - June 2007.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
It's hard to pick between the two Scotland gigs at new years, but if I have to choose one it'll be the Aberdeen Hogmanay celebrations gig, Dec 31st 2007. Truly surreal to be in Scotland celebrating the new year with boardies and your fav band (not to mention 20 000 scots, lol).

Honourable mention to the Barras the night before. Never in my life did I think I was gonna be able to see Travis play in Glasgow. Long live the Barrowlands!

I can't begin to explain how much these gigs have meant to me in this thread, but if anyone's interested my pics and reviews can be found here:
http://travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=6166

:-)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
Paris - June 2007.

I agree. Paris was probably one of the best ones I've been to (most likely because of the crowd). Even if they were all special in their own way.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 6:07 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
Paris - June 2007.

I agree. Paris was probably one of the best ones I've been to (most likely because of the crowd). Even if they were all special in their own way.

Yeah Paris was the most fun! The crowd were so in to it. The atmosphere was great.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 22 Mar, 2008 10:34 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Truly surreal to be in Scotland celebrating the new year with boardies and your fav band (not to mention 20 000 scots, lol).

I'm completely forgot the 20 000 -drunk- scots around there.... weren't only 5 of us, your dad and Travis on stage?? lol

tinkerbell
tinkerbell Posted Sat 22 Mar, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
Christmas Eve at the Barras in 1999 was something special. Everyone was hyped up with the millenium celebrations and with it being the festive season... It was just fantastic!!! x

sara spain
sara spain Posted Sat 22 Mar, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
Truly surreal to be in Scotland celebrating the new year with boardies and your fav band (not to mention 20 000 scots, lol).

I'm completely forgot the 20 000 -drunk- scots around there.... weren't only 5 of us, your dad and Travis on stage?? lol

I´m not going to forget the girl who was pushing all the nigh to stay between Edith and me......

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 23 Mar, 2008 12:22 AM Quote
For the setlist - Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall, Sept 04, the singles tour. Unique in that I'll likely never hear every single trotted out plus 20 plus Dudes plus Baby One More Time again.

For everything else - either Nottingham Rescue Rooms or Bristol Trinity, Feb 08. The all new experience of hearing the new songs for the first time, a pretty rare thing these days, with the internet being what it is and other bands stuff being leaked left right and centre. Then the fun of the old songs, the medleys, hearing album tracks live for the first time, being front row, meeting the guys. Cherished memories.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sun 23 Mar, 2008 12:43 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:

really???
i was not there
my mind can't imagine a better gig!!!! =0
WOW
then, it must have been the GREATEST gig ever!!!
I trust you =P

genia_gvan
genia_gvan Posted Sun 23 Mar, 2008 9:03 AM Quote
galletitabonita wrote:
I have attended to only 2 Travis gigs
but I could say...

Sports Palace, Mexico City - August 2nd, 2007

The best gig Ever!!!
31 songs!!!

(in my crazy opinion...)

Yeah! you're right! I think the same, that gig was really great! yeah, maybe the best gig ever jeje... (crazy opinion, I don't think so! I bet everyone who were there that night just feel the same)

What a night!!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:48 AM