Travis

Best ever Travis gig
GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:13 PM Quote
All Travis gigs are great.
In your opinion, are Travis even better depending on the venue..
small or big venue, indoors, outdoors?

What was the best ever Travis gig you attended?
And was there a reason why it was your best ever?

I do,n't have many gigs to choose from, but my best was seeing Travis outdoors at westonbirt arboretum.
Great entrance, Great sound, Great selection of songs, A setting sun, And a big big Moon,......emotional.

Re: Best ever Travis gig
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
4.29.07 was my favorite of the shows i've been to! it was the day after coachella and just before TBWNN came out...the energy was exciting, the lads were fantastic and it was technically my first time seeing them (i still don't count coachella. too big a place). small venue=way better!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
I've only seen them 3 times but my favourite was the last of the 3 and the most recent gig Travis did. It was at Rescue Rooms in Nottingham. Tiny little venue. Hearing the new album and them doing over 25 songs was brilliant!!! :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
well..i cant really speak as have only seen them once..but i think the energy was immense and they are the best band i've ever seen live!
It was a titchy venue and i was at the front so all was amazing! i willl never forget it!!
plus i got brilliant pictures..even though the camera died so i had to use my phone :(
ahh well..all was good still

sara spain
sara spain Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
All my 12 Travis gig were the best for me...
Impossible to chosse only one.
but for me the most special was the 31/12/07 in aberdeen because was the last one of the year and the first of the new one.
was so cool counting 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1..... Happy new year 2008 with the guys in the stage, with Erika, Eledh, Fran flower and Yulen next to me, crying like babies....

no words!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 9:29 PM Quote
i can't choose my best gig ever... 'cause all my gigs had been really specials...

but the first time that I saw Travis in Mexico in 2004, Aberdeen concert in 2007/2008, and Cambridge in february has been the 3 best gigs... at least for me... not exactly in these order...

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:30 PM Quote
I have seen them only one time, but it was really fantastic, before that gig, I had never heard them, but from that night, I couldn't have stopped to listen their music.... =D
(Sorry for my english)
Cheers!!

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
I agree with Sara about the Aberdeen show. That was the most special show for that moment & the good boardies/mates I was with.

But musically, the best one was the Barrowlands gig on 30th. Impressive, no words... 10.

I´ll never forget that travel

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
I have attended to only 2 Travis gigs
but I could say...

Sports Palace, Mexico City - August 2nd, 2007

The best gig Ever!!!
31 songs!!!

(in my crazy opinion...)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:04 PM Quote
travis gig with 31 song setlist=my perfect heaven space! hahaha jk (close though!)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:04 PM Quote
They are all special in different ways :) but the most special has to be Rescue Rooms Nottingham as I feel that Gigs like that will be a real one off now , treasure the memory :) :)

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
October 5th 1999 at the Barrowlands in Glasgow. The band were utterly amazing. Plus I got to meet them all afterwards. Night to remember.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
travis gig with 31 song setlist=my perfect heaven space! hahaha jk (close though!)

YES... YES... YES!!!!

Two votes for that =P

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
galletitabonita wrote:
I have attended to only 2 Travis gigs
but I could say...

Sports Palace, Mexico City - August 2nd, 2007

The best gig Ever!!!
31 songs!!!

(in my crazy opinion...)

The same here =P.
That gig was amazing, explosive, unique... I don't know, there are no words to describe it =).
31 songs!!! It really was unbelievable and unexpected, but it was AWESOME!

melissa
melissa Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 1:35 AM Quote
my only gig. 2/11/07
in argentina for me it was amazing and the best

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:03 AM