Travis

Travis Members Section
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 12:55 AM Quote
I was wandering around travisonline today, minding my own business, when I came across a rather shadowy, empty cave of a place called the "Members" section. It smells pretty terrible. There are a few cobwebs clinging to the sides of the entrance, and it generally doesn't look like anyone has visited in ages. Pity really though, 'cos I reckon with a bit of spring-cleaning, and a full makeover, the place could prove quite a nice, cozy spot for boardies to hang out in.

I hear those almighty Gods, known as the Travis Web Team, built that cave along with the rest of our world. Thing is, I don't quite know why. I wonder if it’s where new boardies come out from when they first enter Travisland. There certainly appears to be a few marks on the walls of the cave that, upon closer inspection, state the names of our four most recently-joined community members. But is that really useful?

I think this place should be made use of. As it is a “members” space, I think it should be something that us boardies can interact with ourselves. Perhaps it could be a place where we can put up our own Travis media and links, and a place where all members are actually listed, allowing folk to browse through each others profiles. Just something.

So, who’s with me? Want to start a petition (or outright rebellion if you’re the more drastic type) to have the ‘members’ section given to the members? Who's up for some cave-cleaning!

Re: Travis Members Section
jambut
jambut Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 1:01 AM Quote
i thought it was created for tbwnn album but when it kinda flopped (and it did) they just stopped adding stuff.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 1:26 AM Quote
Cute post, Luke! ;)

I really like your ideas. It would be very cool to browse through a list of all boardies, or maybe all active boardies that have posted at least once if there are just too many members that lurk.

It would also be cool if we had a space to post our own Travis media. The tour archive is just amazing and I love that we can post up our pictures and reviews there, but maybe we could use the Member's section for other media. Like videos from the gigs and such. :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 1:32 AM Quote
jambut wrote:
i thought it was created for tbwnn album but when it kinda flopped (and it did) they just stopped adding stuff.

It looks a bit that way with the "Our first exclusive download" thing. Seems it aspired to be a 'special' place where members were treated to exclusives and rewarded for being loyal Travis fans. Ended up becoming stagnated after the first feature. Would it be a little harsh of me to say 'I expected as much'? http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

It would be very cool to browse through a list of all boardies, or maybe all active boardies that have posted at least once if there are just too many members that lurk.

Perhaps boardie profiles could be enhanced to allow for even more customisation, like an actual MySpace page. Then the members page could act as a medium through which to browse everyone's personal pages. Even though you can put youtube videos on your profiles and change their backgrounds etc, it doesn't actually feel like we're 'supposed' to - it hasn't been encouraged.

But if the members page had something like that, and all media stuff too, I can imagine spending hours and hours on it!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 9:14 AM Quote
I think that's a cool idea. I could give up my space.. which is a shrine to Travis anyway but is sadly neclected. Maybe here I would look after it better since this is really the only place I hang around.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Would it be a little harsh of me to say 'I expected as much'?

If not harsh, then unnescessary. I like your ideas though.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
I like your ideas, Luke! you're so creative, by the way!

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
I support you!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
lol if it's a members place can we have member's jackets?...if so, i'm on board! hahaha alright alright i'll stop with bringin' back the member's jacket! haha please add my name to the petition.

TK23
TK23 Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
You've got some good ideas there! I'm not too sure about making profiles more myspace-y though, I kind of like the simplicity of them.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 18 Mar, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
lol if it's a members place can we have member's jackets?...if so, i'm on board! hahaha alright alright i'll stop with bringin' back the member's jacket! haha please add my name to the petition.

Or badges? Or tacky key-rings? :D

Good idea btw!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
I wouldn't mind having more goodies in the members area

wendongotta
wendongotta Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I was wandering around travisonline today, minding my own business, when I came across a rather shadowy, empty cave of a place called the "Members" section. It smells pretty terrible. There are a few cobwebs clinging to the sides of the entrance, and it generally doesn't look like anyone has visited in ages. Pity really though, 'cos I reckon with a bit of spring-cleaning, and a full makeover, the place could prove quite a nice, cozy spot for boardies to hang out in.

I hear those almighty Gods, known as the Travis Web Team, built that cave along with the rest of our world. Thing is, I don't quite know why. I wonder if it’s where new boardies come out from when they first enter Travisland. There certainly appears to be a few marks on the walls of the cave that, upon closer inspection, state the names of our four most recently-joined community members. But is that really useful?

I think this place should be made use of. As it is a “members” space, I think it should be something that us boardies can interact with ourselves. Perhaps it could be a place where we can put up our own Travis media and links, and a place where all members are actually listed, allowing folk to browse through each others profiles. Just something.

So, who’s with me? Want to start a petition (or outright rebellion if you’re the more drastic type) to have the ‘members’ section given to the members? Who's up for some cave-cleaning!

ok you're story is cool but weird in a good way lol. hell yeah to the members' section. i miss all of the games and interactive stuff they used to have on this site before they revamped it.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
wendongotta wrote:

ok you're story is cool but weird in a good way lol. hell yeah to the members' section. i miss all of the games and interactive stuff they used to have on this site before they revamped it.

Yeah, I'm generally cool but weird in a good way. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/10-Tongue.gif

Oh yeah I forgot about the games. We need them back!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:13 AM