Travis

Major Travis moments lately :-)
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 3:31 PM Quote
Ok, so before I get to my Travis moment, I need to get his off my chest: I met the sweetest guy last weekend and have been up on my pink fluffy cloud ever since :-P Please don't hesitate to shove me off it if you feel it's necessary.

Before this I've been rather down for quite a while, and my playlists have reflected that pretty well. Funny how one night can change everything in your life though, eh? Nowadays I find myself listening to the more upbeat Travis songs rater than the more depressing ones. I find it amazing how Travis have songs for just about every mood, and no matter what I'm up to the lyrics are always spot on! Actually I'm having trouble finding songs, other than Travis, on my computer that fit my mood these days, cause I've always listened to sad and depressing stuff :-P

Well, one of the more special Travis moments I've had came whilst I was out flying this Monday. The weather was beautiful outside, and apparantly I'd dozed off sometime during the first half of the flight, cause I suddenly woke up to the captain coming on the speakers to announce that we'd soon arrive in Oslo(fyi, that's the capital of Norway). Turn came on on my iPod and I sat there humming along (well, not really, but I was singing inside lol). Turn has always been special to me, and this trip didn't exactly change this. Just as the last chorus came on the plane took a sharp turn, and I could see land beneath us. It kept turning during the whole last of the song (and not just tilting the wings a lttle, but it felt like the pilots were trying to make us fall out of our seats, lol!), and a huge smile spread on my face. This was so perfect! I was flying, turning, smiling, singing and most important I was very very happy (some would say in love.. yeah def in love) :-)
I wish moments like this would happen more often, but then again they wouldn't be so special, would they?

I hope all boardies are safe and feeling well. Feel free to post your own Travis moments.
A very happy post from a very happy Edith ;-)

(..this pic is from my trip to Scotland in December, but it as the most fitting I could find :-P and besides Scotland can cheer anyone up, right?)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/2161703095_26aa9d4ea9.jpg

Re: Major Travis moments lately :-)
yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Congratulations Edith. You deserve the best!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
Thats nice Edith :) Sounds like a perfect day in your life that you will always remember ...on a High! ( pardon the pun) Love is a wonderful thing , even if sometimes it only lasts a little while .

If it had been me on the aircraft ( I hate flying) I would have been humming 'this could be the Last Train' ! haha turning like that freaks me out...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
I hope all boardies are safe and feeling well. Feel free to post your own Travis moments.

I love how you finish the post, you really are happy aren't you! :D
It's nice to read something like this, it makes you feel all warm and snuggly. :) Hope you carry on being cheerful for ages!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
FranFlower wrote:

I love how you finish the post, you really are happy aren't you! :D
It's nice to read something like this, it makes you feel all warm and snuggly. :) Hope you carry on being cheerful for ages!

Ahaha, thanks. You know I genuinely mean it. I hope everyone is okay, and if not I'm more than happy to share some of my happiness ;-)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
Congrats Edith, your post is so lovely. We feel the same.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 6:46 AM Quote
That's a very sweet post, it made me smile, so you passed on a bit of your happiness to me :o)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
Nice post, quite lovely. You just put a HUGE smile on my face =D.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Well, one of the more special Travis moments I've had came whilst I was out flying this Monday.

This made me first think that you were flying the plane (and I thought, oh wow, didn't know she did that) and so I had a mild heart attack when you later said you dozed off. Glad I figured out you were just a passenger.

Whew.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:19 PM Quote
haha, wow, i totally have done the same thing recently! excepting not in an airplane =P I was driving home (i live on a cul de sac) and playing Turn in my car by myself, and just decided to spin the car round and round the circular cul de sac. The cul de sac ground itself is sort of tilted, so it created the perfect momentum for my car to keep spinning without gas needed :) Totally wonderful feeling! But probably not as grand as being in an airplane haha. I'm glad you're feeling high up and above in the clouds :)

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 19 Mar, 2008 4:34 AM Quote
your history is very lovely =)
great travis moment

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 20 Mar, 2008 10:42 AM Quote
Thanks guys, you're all so sweet :-)
And glad to hear I made ya'll smile. Then my mission is accomplished, haha!

connieonnie
connieonnie Posted Fri 21 Mar, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
This is rather silly but I had just read this book called Twilight and went to the authors website to get some more info and I saw she had a playlist of music that went along with her book. I was skeptical at first but to my surprise the first song on her list was Why Does It Always Rain On Me, and while I was reading it Why Does It Always Rain On Me began to play on my ipod. I am not sure what the odds are since I have thousands of song on my ipod and it was on shuffle.
I know this was not very major but kind of magical.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:59 PM