Travis

travis quit label
20 Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 1:30 PM Quote
yeah travis of quit with their label. don't know if going to start own up, or join another

Re: travis quit label
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
Will be interesting to see if this helps them in the promotion of the next album, and particuarly the singles. The promotion of the last couple of singles was pretty terrible to be honest.

Do you have a source? :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 2:02 PM Quote
Interesting news indeed. Where did you hear this?
Might be a wise move seeing as the promotion of TBWNN was unexpectedly poor. Dunno if it was intended or not (can't see why they would want to stay low, but you never know), but I'm pretty sure they could have reached higher sales, at least here in Norway, with a little more advertising - after all they were (and are) quite popular over here, and we like to think they like it here as well, haha :P (after all they did spoil us with 4 shows last year)
Aaanyway, this will be interesting to hear more about. Thanks for the info!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
Yes, please post your source.

If true, this is big news. I agree that promo for the last two singles was nonexistent here in the states for TBWNN. "Closer" was played quite a bit on my favorite Detroit/Windsor radio station. And they even had Travis come in for a live acoustic session before their show. But "Selfish Jean" and "My Eyes" were never played, even though the folks at the station are Travis fans and I bugged them about playing the other new singles.

I hope this doesn't affect the release of album 6 and their tour for it.

Fran, are you able to let us know what's going on?

mili
mili Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 3:06 PM Quote
Uncle Google knows nothing of it, where did you hear this?

Interesting news, if correct.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Uncle Google knows nothing of it, where did you hear this?

Interesting news, if correct.

I can't find anything about it either.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
Let's not speculate on this until there is some sort of confirmation or reliable source.

mayfly
mayfly Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
This topic might have been talked here long ago that Travis have a contract with the label by album 5 or 6 but not sure whether it really is or not.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
interesting and surprising...did they (edit typo) not sign a new massive deal only 1 and a half or 2 years ago? I recall a post on that subject.

heich
heich Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
might be true, dont know if its surprising as well

since the moment they announced a new album so soon, even when there were still touring for TBWNN, i though it was so strange for the label letting them make another album so soon. Usually those guys (from the labels) dont let the bands pull out something new so close to their last release

jambut
jambut Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
I heard they were personally signed to the guy who runs Independtine and if he leaves they're part of his golden contract or something

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
jambut wrote:
I heard they were personally signed to the guy who runs Independtine and if he leaves they're part of his golden contract or something

A Golden handcuffs situ then..

20 Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
it was on channel 4 teletext page 341/342. prob not the most reliable but it must have come from somewhere!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:24 PM