Travis

Re: The
mili
mili Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
Linda2671 wrote:
Hi I was lucky enough to be at Cambridge Weds night and thought the guys were fantastic - was quite funny how they whizzed through the new songs, it was like Fran had told himself he would not let himself speak - a couple of times he grinned and you just felt like he wanted to say 'ok I can't not talk' but he kept going - liked most of the new stuff esp the last song, can't remember what it was called. When they came back on they did a good mix, but for me ending with AIWDIR was just the icing on the cake! Over too quickly but a fantastic night. Good to be so up close and personal too!

I suppose the new songs are so new that they require more concentration, so playing them intensively in a row is easier, and perhaps they don't want to comment just yet.

heich
heich Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
Finally something more about the show. unfortunately the quality is not the best =S

Lola

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
heich wrote:
Finally something more about the show. unfortunately the quality is not the best =S

Lola

You posted a link to the security blanket comment ;-)
I found this clip of Falling Down and Lola, and the quality is great!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
heich wrote:

Lola

oh, this is brilliant! thank you for posting! wow...!

heich
heich Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
heich wrote:

Lola

You re right! i changed the link but the one you put is a lot better anyway

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 11:13 PM Quote
heich wrote:
FranFlower wrote:
heich wrote:

Lola

You re right! i changed the link but the one you put is a lot better anyway

Haha, no problem. I made a new post about it as well, cause it deserves to be seen. There hasn't been very many quality clips from the gigs so far.

Moray
Moray Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 9:22 AM Quote
The Moustache is definitely back!!

More videos
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 9:46 AM Quote
Here are some of the better videos from youtube, all together in one post :) I put them in the order of quality starting with the best. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suiNg2jyAo4&feature=related Selfish Jean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHX9A-yPw-o&feature=related AIWTDIR solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ZVuh040A8&feature=related Gig intro into Chinese Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2VrMBXklZw Fran's security blanket talk

heich
heich Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 9:52 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Nikki wrote:
heich wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:
Now, i remember, in chinese blues, Fran was playing his new pedal (he wrote about his new pedal in his blog, (i guess)

wow how did you recognized the pedal? usually they have quite a few there

also i think that he mentioned something about using a different guitar and amps

did you record something? theres almost nothing about the show! im really lookin forward for more news

This is what Fran said in his blog about his new equipment: "...VOX AC30 which has opened up new sonic avenues, and more importantly inspired a 'key song' upon which many of the others will hang. I also switched to playing a Fender Jazzmaster instead of my telecaster."

Any guesses for those who went to the show on what that "key song" was? Was it the last one from the new songs that everyone who heard it seems to be digging?

I didn`t see Pedal, but Nikki is right, Fran was playing chinese blues with others key songs

man but i think you got wrong the "key song" thing. By saying a "key song" Fran meant (and so did Nikki)to a song from which many others detach; kind of like a 'source' were new tracks will come

what Nikki wants to know , and so i do, is what song was THAT key song Fran was talking about, and only the people who attended the show might be the only ones than can have a slight idea o which one made the difference among all. Its not that Fran played Chinese Blues along with other keys songs.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 09 Feb, 2008 10:40 PM Quote
heich wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:
Nikki wrote:
heich wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:
Now, i remember, in chinese blues, Fran was playing his new pedal (he wrote about his new pedal in his blog, (i guess)

wow how did you recognized the pedal? usually they have quite a few there

also i think that he mentioned something about using a different guitar and amps

did you record something? theres almost nothing about the show! im really lookin forward for more news

This is what Fran said in his blog about his new equipment: "...VOX AC30 which has opened up new sonic avenues, and more importantly inspired a 'key song' upon which many of the others will hang. I also switched to playing a Fender Jazzmaster instead of my telecaster."

Any guesses for those who went to the show on what that "key song" was? Was it the last one from the new songs that everyone who heard it seems to be digging?

I didn`t see Pedal, but Nikki is right, Fran was playing chinese blues with others key songs

man but i think you got wrong the "key song" thing. By saying a "key song" Fran meant (and so did Nikki)to a song from which many others detach; kind of like a 'source' were new tracks will come

what Nikki wants to know , and so i do, is what song was THAT key song Fran was talking about, and only the people who attended the show might be the only ones than can have a slight idea o which one made the difference among all. Its not that Fran played Chinese Blues along with other keys songs.

Yeah. That's what I was asking. If anyone could guess what that "key song" was that Fran spoke of in his blog from the knew ones played. I was asking the people who attended the recent shows.

heich
heich Posted Wed 13 Feb, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
i guess we'll have to wait for someone who can tell us that

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] All Times BST Current Time 8:43 PM