Travis

The "So tell us everything about the first club show" thread
Moray
Moray Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
I think the title says it all - how did the first club show go!? what were all the new songs like?! We need you tube links people! STAT!

Re: The
Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 06 Feb, 2008 11:04 PM Quote
And what old ones (if any) were played?

castawayneil
castawayneil Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:56 AM Quote
well said!! SOMEEEEE ONE TELL USSSSSS PLEASEEEEEEE i cant take it no moreeeeeeeeee!!! lol gossip, news, sounds, songs fill us in!!!!

KathyC
KathyC Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:18 AM Quote
i hope someone else will be more useful to you than me, but, in the meantime....they came out at 9.00 and played about 45 mins straight of (some very interesting) new material - no chat, no introductions, no titles...Then went off for a short break, came back and did another set of an assortment of old favourites (including the Kinks' Lola!). About an hour and 45 mins on stage, if I'm not mistaken. What a band! Loved it, love them..very happy :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:26 AM Quote
KathyC wrote:
i hope someone else will be more useful to you than me, but, in the meantime....they came out at 9.00 and played about 45 mins straight of (some very interesting) new material - no chat, no introductions, no titles...Then went off for a short break, came back and did another set of an assortment of old favourites (including the Kinks' Lola!). About an hour and 45 mins on stage, if I'm not mistaken. What a band! Loved it, love them..very happy :)

Wow. Thanks. What was the new stuff like? Rocky like Good Feeling or edgy like 12 Memories? If you get what i mean. Haha. And what old favourites did they play? With 45 minutes of new stuff and then an hour of old i guess you can't remember them all but i imagine it was the typicial Driftwood, Sing, Why Does It Always Rain On Me etc was it?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:56 AM Quote
KathyC wrote:
(some very interesting) new material

Did you like it?!?! What was the sound like?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:02 AM Quote
Wow! No talking. I mean I understand why they did it but no conversation at a TRAVIS gig is... weird.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:07 AM Quote
no chatting? mmm guessing is all about new songs for now :/ THANK YOU FOR TELLING US! the show still sounds amazing :O did you really like the new material? what was it like??? we're dying here haha

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
Here's the setlist . . .

Chinese Blues
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Broken Mirrors
Friends
Get Up
Last Words
Quite Free
Song 2 Self
Before You Were Young
J. Smith
Sing
Eyes Wide Open
The Last Laugh Of The Laughter
Love Will Come Through
Sailing Away
Side
The Fear
Writing To Reach You
Falling Down
Lola
Selfish Jean
All I Want To Do Is Rock

I just copied the list of new songs from the other thread, not sure if all of them were played.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:14 AM Quote
OMG...sounds amazing!

The Fear!!!! *high fives Lauren*
YESSSS! I hope it's there to stay!!!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:20 AM Quote
I cannot fucking wait for next Monday & Tuesday. Some really good songs there that I'd never expect to be played live.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:26 AM Quote
Oh, why must I live across the pond?!?

Thanks for the info on the gig. Can't wait to hear the new stuff!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:28 AM Quote
This is very exciting. Enjoy to the other lucky ones! Falling Down-I was just listening to that today and fell in love with it again.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:29 AM Quote
Wow. It sounds AWESOME!!!
The Fear! :oD

What did you think of the new songs?

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:33 AM Quote
The Fear??? WOW! good luck then to all the boardies who are going to the upcoming shows :P

yes, tell us what you think about the new material, please :)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:01 PM