Travis

Re: OMG!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
I have it memorized already. Hardy har har!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
Now that made my day :D
That Gerbil knows his stuff, even though he's quite late with putting up his version - he must be afraid it's not boardie-standard ;)
Now the backing vocals on the other hand are world class cuteness :)

And lastly I love how , ehem Gerbil, couldn't hold back a little smile there. Neither could I!

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
excellent

bara
bara Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:30 PM Quote
haha i thought the whole day of open this thread. at least i did. and now.. my wonderful day is a bit better again.. yay! weird.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:09 AM Quote
and there it is :) he's never funny enough! xD
love it!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
Che, being a Travis fan is so much fun! I'm so happy xD.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:22 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Che, being a Travis fan is so much fun! I'm so happy xD.

i totally agree xD now, everyone! you must all get some pink starshaped sunglasses ;)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:31 AM Quote
That just made my day! Another perfect example of why we all love this band. Fran, that was amazing!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 6:55 AM Quote
fran incognito was GREAT! thanks for the link, nikki.

just reminds me how i'm sooo behind on checking out all other versions...

mili
mili Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 7:12 AM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Nikki wrote:
LMAO!!! How the HECK did I miss THIS?!?!?!

Love it Franny! :D

Nikki, Thanks so much for finding this! I would never ever have spotted it. Awesome! Is that the ears from the Closer vid? Have you clicked on the gerbilsandwich youtube homepage yet? The colourscheme is hilarious!

Fran, thats just genius. I love everything about the video and the song. That really is one for the fans. I'm tickled pink you did that for us boardies, for everyone who had recorded their own version! =)

Couldn't have said it better.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
I reckon Gerbil Sandwich would have more success than Travis, lol. They should release the new album under that name and see if anyone notices who they actually are. :p

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 1:45 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Monica wrote:
Nikki! Thanks for sharing this with us!
I wonder who the singer is *lol*

I think that's Frank from Treivis.
Love it! :oD

I think you're right. We cannot be deceived.

bara
bara Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 1:50 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I reckon Gerbil Sandwich would have more success than Travis, lol. They should release the new album under that name and see if anyone notices who they actually are. :p

theres a band from germany who went on a clubtour with another name. real fans recognized it. but it was a cool project indeed. :)

Nice song Fra... Gerbil Sandwich!
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
So we finally hear a real version.

Can't wait to see "Gerbil Sandwich" on tour in February doing Friends live before going into the studio to record it for their new album out later this year. (I hope they wear the same custumes!)

ps - I hope the studio version includes the same "Papa" backing vocals by a certain Boy With No Name.

Re: Can we try lyrics now?
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 2:05 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

Yeah, I think I must be a pretty empty person then 'cos I can't conjure up anything I wanna sing about! I mean I have done, but they've all been written now. I've got about 12 or so complete songs with lyrics 'n everything though, so I guess I'll focus on recording them for now.

I also often find poems easier to write than songs. I like writing poetically, but sometimes that style doesn't translate too well into a song. I do tend to like more poetic lyrics in songs though, with lots of imagery and words that just sound nice and flow. :p If that makes any sense.

You're not an empty person. You're just full of something else (wait, not what you think, stick with me here, a compliment is coming). You're just full of music instead of words. Like I was saying before, we all have different talents.

And there's really not much difference between a poem and a song. Poetic lyrics are great. Makes a song more meaty. You seem to be a thinking type of person, I imagine you could write a beautiful song.

I've written a few poems back in the college days, but I've never really written a song. It'll be a first for me.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:28 AM