Travis

September 2nd release date for new album?
heich
heich Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:15 AM Quote
I visited an Oasis fan site where they put a link with several release dates; the information comes from a spanish magazine called Pro-Music who received the schedules from from the record labels.

Here you can read the full list:

http://www.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52866

Obvioulsy the dates are subject to change.

Re: September 2nd release date for new album?
Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 7:26 AM Quote
WTF? I can write my albumlist... And what? In my opinion, it is nonsense

heich
heich Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 8:00 AM Quote
im sure you can, but the information was received by the magazine and given by the labels.

For me its too late in the year, so i hope that list is wrong...but who knows

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
Good find, but the dates are very far ahead. It's presumably a vague guess assuming the artist finishes it and delivers it to schedule. It's a shame it's so late, but I would guess it's the date the record company has released provisionally.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
heich wrote:
For me it's too late in the year, so I hope that list is wrong... but who knows.

I assume that you weren't expecting a new Travis album for another few years yet though, right?
So anything this year is a big bonus ball.

They haven't even recorded the album yet, but once they do so at the end of February it won't be very long until it is out at all with a very quick turnaround going by what Fran says in his blogs.

By the way, September 2nd this year is a Tuesday because I just checked on my calendar, so that is the provisional US date. It would be Monday 1st September in the UK.

September 1st this year would be fine by me! Maybe if they play the Reading / Leeds Festival at the end of August (ie. the week before) it could help the position of this new album and the first single off of it. Just a suggestion of maybe how the record company are thinking about their strategy. They stand a much better chance of chart success if it is released on the back of a massive festival or three. I hope it happens.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 11:37 PM Quote
Well... It's a little too late for me... :P
But ok, I'm a Travis-Addicted so I need new Travis-stuff every now and then.
But I think September 1st or 2nd it's ok... I mean... People have time to get into the album and a few singles will be relased before christmas so...
Maybe someone will give the new album to a friend for christmas.
But... I don't know... I don't trust those websites, anyway.
I would like to hear something from the band or from TWT...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
heich wrote:
For me it's too late in the year, so I hope that list is wrong... but who knows.

I assume that you weren't expecting a new Travis album for another few years yet though, right?
So anything this year is a big bonus ball.

They haven't even recorded the album yet, but once they do so at the end of February it won't be very long until it is out at all with a very quick turnaround going by what Fran says in his blogs.

By the way, September 2nd this year is a Tuesday because I just checked on my calendar, so that is the provisional US date. It would be Monday 1st September in the UK.

September 1st this year would be fine by me! Maybe if they play the Reading / Leeds Festival at the end of August (ie. the week before) it could help the position of this new album and the first single off of it. Just a suggestion of maybe how the record company are thinking about their strategy. They stand a much better chance of chart success if it is released on the back of a massive festival or three. I hope it happens.

Thats a very good point. I hope they do the festivals this year. They wont get big slots but it will definitely help the album sales. And releasing the album after the festivals would be the right way to go. Good point.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 12:06 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thats a very good point. I hope they do the festivals this year. They wont get big slots but it will definitely help the album sales. And releasing the album after the festivals would be the right way to go. Good point.

Would it not be better to release the album a bit earlier so they can do more festivals over the summer with people who know the new tracks. Late August is getting quite late in the festival season to do much good.

It's a good point in principle though, I hope they do get around a few festivals!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Would it not be better to release the album a bit earlier so they can do more festivals over the summer with people who know the new tracks. Late August is getting quite late in the festival season to do much good.

It's a good point in principle though, I hope they do get around a few festivals!

Yeh i see your point, but if they release the album before the festivals it'll probably do relatively poor in the charts and nobody will know the songs anyway. Get people excited about Travis, raise the hype, and then release the album.

When do the festivals start? Because i believe Dougie's child is due in March. Give him a few months of course. Will they be back together by Glastonbury?

damon
damon Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:35 AM Quote
tooo much guessing don't you think ? let's better wait ... regards

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 7:11 AM Quote
damon wrote:
tooo much guessing don't you think ? let's better wait ... regards

agree

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 12:39 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

When do the festivals start? Because i believe Dougie's child is due in March. Give him a few months of course. Will they be back together by Glastonbury?

Guessing is good! :)
They probably just could be at Glastonbury if they really wanted to, but I think it's a bit early.

Florencia
Florencia Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 2:49 PM Quote
this year is not bad for that we waited several years for last album.

heich
heich Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
With V Festival confirmed (August 16th and 17th) seems like September 2, or at least any date close to that, could be the release date...doesnt sounds too crazy

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
i thought travis are without a label just now.. or is it just the uk label theyve left behind

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:38 AM