Travis

Barrowlands - board newbie
spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
Old and decrepit as I am (wrong side of 40-just)I am ashamed to say that despite Travis being my fave band since they began this is the first concert I have managed to get to. Babysitting problems have always been a HUGE issue. Having said all that - this year hubby pulled out the stops for Xmas and surprised me with tickets on Xmas day and his 80 year old mother to babysit my boisterous three. We only had to travel from Leuchars in Fife but arrived early and got into the queue just as Andy was saying hi. Unfortunately I didn't bring a camera, assuming the venue wouldn't allow it (so little I know!), so I hero-worshipped from a little way down the line. We were very close to the front of the queue and had we not been pulled aside for a bag search may have made one of the elusive front row spots - instead we got a most excellent second row spot right in front of Andy. That guy is awesome - I tinkle on the guitar myself and I would have to practise every day for 1000 years to get that good. Wow! I was mesmerised and awestruck.

The rapport that Travis have with the crowd is amazing and the smaller venue just wicked. The songs were fantastic and the set brill. I loved the impromptu-ness of Happy. I loved Dougie's smile, Andy in his own little world playing and Fran's energy. Unfortunately I couldn't see Neil but he sounded cracking.

Thanks to all of you who have posted photos - it has been fantastic looking at them. I even spotted my hubby's hair underneath Andy when surfing.

Thanks to Travis and the fans for a great evening!
I just want to do it all over again. Anyone know any good cheap babysitters?

Re: Barrowlands - board newbie
spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
hi there, someone say hi - i'm feeling bereft and lonely!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
Welcome to the board! Glad you could finally make it to a show after being a fan for so long! :)

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
Welcome to the board =D

spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
Thanks you 2 - it was great to see Travis after all these years and feel 'the lurve' in the crowd (and the droplets from the randomly thrown pint). Hope to make some new friends here with like minded people.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
Hello and welcome to the board :)

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
Welcome! ;)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
Hi there, welcome to the board! It's good you managed to see them live, I hope you can again soon!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
Welcome in welcome in :)

I read your review in the tour archive earlier. Seems like you had a wonderful time. I think we all did!
Looking forward to see you around :)

-Edith

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Hi! "Old" boardies are welcome. I include myself in that group. I've got 3 ankle biters, too. I can sympathize with your babysitting plight. "Would you mind watching my children all night while I go off to a rock concert? Hmmm?" I hope to be in that spot next summer!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
Welcome to the board!
I'm glad you could finally go to one of their gigs and enjoy yourself at it, they're amazing! :o)

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
spid wrote:

Howdee and welcome to the board. Your a Fifer are ya, I'm nae that far from you, Aberdeen :)

varz
varz Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
hello!

travis at the barras - best place to see them! :)

spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
spid wrote:

Howdee and welcome to the board. Your a Fifer are ya, I'm nae that far from you, Aberdeen :)

Not native I'm afraid - husband in the forces so have just come up from the Falklands where we were for a wonderful year - Travis don't tour in the Falklands though unfortunately - :(

spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jan, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Hi! "Old" boardies are welcome. I include myself in that group. I've got 3 ankle biters, too. I can sympathize with your babysitting plight. "Would you mind watching my children all night while I go off to a rock concert? Hmmm?" I hope to be in that spot next summer!

That's exactly the problem - if the gig isn't near either you could be looking at a good 36 hours too - and my middle one can be quite a handful. SOOOO pleased i got to go to Barrowlands - and mother-in-law had a chest infection too so we nearly had to call it off - that would have been a 'travis'ty (tee hee)- but she soldiered on - thankfully. I am very grateful.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:38 PM