Travis

Photoshop blend of Fran :-)
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 5:52 PM Quote
I just realized i posted this in the General Chat forum, when I meant to post it here. Must be the pre-exam nerves kicking in, lol :P

Anyways, I made this wallpaper last night, and figured I could share it with my fellow boardies ;-) Bear in mind that I'm not very good with graphics, but if anyone wants to use it feel free to do so. It's a compilation of my favorite pictures of Fran from this year's tour (there's alot of them!).

None of the pictures were taken by me, so a big thank you to boardies and others for capturing the spirit of Fran on stage :)

The first one is the one I'm currently using, with lyrics from Humpty Dumpty. The second is just the image in case someone wants to add different words to it.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9971/frannywall4wk9.th.jpg http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6241/franwall5di9.th.jpg

EDIT: just changed the topic title a little.. Didn't really like the other one, lol :-P

Re: Fran compilation desktop/wallpaper I made :-)
Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
My god! The blendings are just PERFECT!
I can't do stuff like that... I just go on with selective color and color balance and then i put on a texture and this is it...
You're just amazing! *_*

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
It really came out beautiful!!!

You go, girl!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
That is really cool :D

I'm going to have to try now! Thanks for showing us!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:58 PM Quote
This is really amazing! Did you have to take a class to get that good at (I'm guessing Photoshop?) or is it just a LOT of practice? I would love to be able to do stuff like that for magazine layout.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 12:17 AM Quote
nice job! :)

love your avatar, btw
:D!

Why Does It Always Payne On Me
Why Does It Always Payne On Me Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 1:26 AM Quote
That is REALLY lovely.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 2:10 AM Quote
Yeah!!!
Very Rock!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 8:29 AM Quote
Thanks for all the nice comments! I'm blushing :P

Nikki wrote:
This is really amazing! Did you have to take a class to get that good at (I'm guessing Photoshop?) or is it just a LOT of practice? I would love to be able to do stuff like that for magazine layout.

Neither ;-) I haven't done much in Photoshop, and have never had any classes. What I know I have learned from tutorials I've found online. In fact I think I could (well, almost) count my graphics on two hands, lol! But when I do try I usually do some kind of blend like this one. I'm quite the perfectionist, and when I only know a fraction of the options in Photoshop it's not as fun, cause I never know how to do what I want to do :P

But seriously, I don't really know much. The way I do it is pretty easy. At least when you've done it a few times. I place the pictures I want on a blank sheet (had to change the coloring a bit on some of these to make them blend better with the others). Then I use the eraser tool (big and round with fuzzy edges :P and on different opacities) and erase whatever much needed to make every layer (picture) just right. This is the most time consuming part, at least for me :P Finally on this one I added a nice texture (from hybrid-genesis.net) set to around 20% opacity to even it all out.
Oh and some text and a small brush on top of course :)

Anyways, glad you liked it :-)

mayfly
mayfly Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 8:36 AM Quote
How could Fran jump that high? Is it just a camera trick or any special effect on the stage? If not so, kangaroo DNA in his blood? Karate spirit? What is it?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:33 AM Quote
I have to admit that I expected to open this post and find a few cheesy pics of Fran craply thrown together. But this is amazing! I feel like I have to brush up on my photoshop 'skills' now too. :p

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 12:00 PM Quote
omg. Fran's everywhere!

Nice blend!

mayfly
mayfly Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 2:18 PM Quote
Anyone remember these old wallpapers from travisteria.com?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/ladjin/1_1024.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/ladjin/star01_800x600.jpg

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 22 Nov, 2007 3:30 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I have to admit that I expected to open this post and find a few cheesy pics of Fran craply thrown together. But this is amazing! I feel like I have to brush up on my photoshop 'skills' now too. :p

Lol, well I'm glad you didn't think I did a crappy job ;-) I do realize the topic title was kinda crap though :P
But feel free to brush up your photoshopping. It would be nice to see more Travis graphichs :)

Re: Photoshop blend of Fran :-)
peno
peno Posted Fri 23 Nov, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
Very nice work.....:-)
It´s my wallpaper rigtht now.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:17 AM