Travis

The Travis Hangover
Crystal
Crystal Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 8:49 PM Quote
OK, so I know I am preaching to the converted here, but I need to gush. I'm still in Travisland after the show in Vancouver on the Friday. I've been a fan of this band for many years and used to read this board often even though I posted rarely. But here I find myself once again.

I am always inspired by the way these guys get on stage with the most genuine smiles on their faces. It must be hard to play the same songs over the years and they still manage to connect with the audience in a way I rarely ever see in other bands. I've gotten to see a few of my long time favourite bands this year and walked away from great shows thinking that they could've done their performance asleep. That just ain't the case here - right from the entrance on!

When Fran talks the entire crowd is silent. It's like he's in your living room. The live show is never like listening to them in your living room however. All those delicate songs have so much power live. Fran stepping out from the cord and the mic - always such a huge treat. My boyfriend doesn't care for the albums but once he saw them live he was blown away - they are now one of his favourites, I also took a friend to this show and he had the biggest shit eating grin on his face - another convert!

End of gush - just so glad we never lost these guys. Don't ever forget those of us across the pond!

C-

And it's also nice to see the female contingent still swoons for Dougie on here!

Re: The Travis Hangover
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
As I'm sure you know, lots of people post things like this, and it's great to read, so don't worry!
Good to hear it was a good gig, but I'm ever so slightly jealous! Roll on the next UK tour! :)

isolde
isolde Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 10:36 PM Quote
yeh i met them after the show, never seen anyone so genuine like them. I wonder how they managed to be so true to themselves and the audience after all these the years.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
Well put. This exactly how I feel as well. All I wanna do when I get home is go see them again immediately!
The atmosphere Travis creates on stage is beyond any other band I have ever seen :)

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 12:24 AM Quote
Crystal wrote:
My boyfriend doesn't care for the albums but once he saw them live he was blown away - they are now one of his favourites, I also took a friend to this show and he had the biggest shit eating grin on his face - another convert!

My husband had the same reaction! He kept saying he just couldn't "get into" them when I tried to convert him before and even asked if I could find someone else to go with me to see them live. But after that night ALL of my Travis cd's seem to be permanently residing in his car, he wears his Travis shirt with pride, and asks me at least every couple of weeks if they've posted any east coast US tour dates.

Why Does It Always Payne On Me
Why Does It Always Payne On Me Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 12:31 AM Quote
So so true. I felt so deeply, truly SAD after they left Toronto; it was like my best friend had moved away. I don't know HOW they still interact so genuinely and ...well, NICEly with fans after all these years. I can only conclude that they really love what they do -- we love THEM for that -- and they love us back.

In any event, I'm not going to analyse too much... I'm just so grateful that they're so (here's that word again!) genuinely lovely.

And to echo the original post -- don't forget North America! Especially Canada. Especially Toronto.

Hint hint? Hahaha... I welcome the new year -- and a new tour -- with ... with... goddamn it, I just can't work an "Eyes Wide Open" pun into this. If it was "ARMS Wide Open," now...

Oh, sigh, I'm ranting again. Short version: WHOO WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE COME BACK SOON, basically.

<3

TALIA
TALIA Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 5:48 AM Quote
Why Does It Always Payne On Me wrote:
I don't know HOW they still interact so genuinely and ...well, NICEly with fans after all these years. I can only conclude that they really love what they do -- we love THEM for that -- and they love us back.

aye! that is soooo true :)

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Tue 20 Nov, 2007 11:07 AM Quote
I share that feeling. Simply put, I am humbled by their humility.

Team Claes! =)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:28 PM