Travis

Re: Touring with Starsailor
melissa
melissa Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 4:54 AM Quote
hey this is a travis's forum, so... Just talk about travis. u have in the index the general forum click there and talk about other bands.
HERE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TRAVIS, AND WE DON'T SAY WHAT BAND IS BETTER!! OK?
IF U ARE A STARSAILOR'S FAN (OR ANOTHER BAND) IS OK!!, BUT DON'T FOOL US, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ABOUT OUR LIKES
LIKE WE DO IT!!! 'COS THIS IS A TRAVIS SITE.
THANKS

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 5:13 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I like the pope picture in the background.

I <3 Pope John Paul II! I love how Fran looks like he's praying. :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 5:19 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
mayfly wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

I've been meaning to buy the first two albums for ages (I got the latest in special DVD edition for £2.99 off Amazon - bargain of the year!), but I don't really want to pay full price because they've been out for years :( I might just take the plunge at some point anyway.
Did Starsailor play any new songs? Their boardies seem to like 'Tell Me It's Not Over'.

They played two new songs. 'Boy in waiting' and 'Tell me it's not over'. Both are ok but not brilliant really. If you need the bootleg, PM me. Actually I've been out of mind since the gig and listened to their songs all the time, not Travis at all.(sorry Travis!!) James played live far too much better than I knew him on DVDs. I even worried what if my 1st favourite band Travis play worse than the 2nd. hehe~~~

Starsailor better than Travis? Oooo, you're a brave person for saying so here! ;)

Honestly, I've heard the band's name a million times but never actually got around to listening to any of their music. However, just from reading that thread on their messageboard and seeing the person's signature with all of their album covers, it looks like they've kinda copied Travis' album artwork a bit.

I'll have to give their music a listen but I have yet to EVER hear anything I like better than Travis. ;)

mayfly
mayfly Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 5:29 AM Quote
melissa wrote:
hey this is a travis's forum, so... Just talk about travis. u have in the index the general forum click there and talk about other bands.
IF U ARE A STARSAILOR'S FAN (OR ANOTHER BAND) IS OK!!, BUT DON'T FOOL US, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ABOUT OUR LIKES
THANKS

Why don't you get a job in TWT and exile me here then? Is that the matter to shout at me with that all capital letters because I made a compliment of other band under the photo in which my two favourite bands members are together? Fu** hell. When did this board become 'I LOVE TRAVIS' teenage girl forum?

scummy
scummy Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 3:50 PM Quote
haha the pope in the back, guess that's at arena santiago, never really saw it though. it was so amazing hearing that starsailor was playing with travis, both are great bands live, and really nice people, so we were wondering if they would go party somewhere together :P and so they did (as they told us at the hotel), with the killers aswell, and it seems they had a fabulous time, cause travis' driver said they got really drunk xD and i'm guessing fran's comment during the show had something to do with them having fun that night ('ask brandon about his room' xD)

anyway, starsailor is a great band, and I know some people who said sorry to them because the crowd needed to hear the entire show to found out they were amazing, and because when they arrived to the airport, there was practically no one there, just cause travis had arrived just a few minutes before (i would have stayed guys, really, but my feet were killing me) :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 5:44 PM Quote
Haha, I love that photo of James with Andy and Fran!

I don't really like Starsailor but the show they did in Buenos Aires was pretty good. The singer has a great voice.And they were really nice people.
I liked that Tell Me It's Not Over song! :oP

I was there to see Travis and they did the best show that night. This was acknowledged even by people who went there to see one of the other two bands of the festival.
So, Travis left aside, musically I prefer much more The Killers than Starsailor, but Starsailor were cooler towards the audience :oP.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
I hadn't noticed the pope pics either until someone pointed it out. I wish I actually looked at things sometimes :)
Melissa, that was a tad biased, I think the messageboard should be a place for discussion, that was more dictatorship!

californiagirl
californiagirl Posted Mon 03 Dec, 2007 7:03 PM Quote
I didn't even know Starsailor were still around...too funny.

melissa
melissa Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 5:51 PM Quote
mayfly wrote:
melissa wrote:
THANKS

Why don't you get a job in TWT and exile me here then? Is that the matter to shout at me with that all capital letters because I made a compliment of other band under the photo in which my two favourite bands members are together? Fu** hell. When did this board become 'I LOVE TRAVIS' teenage girl forum?

sorry but u are wrong I don't want a teenage girl forum, darling. I hate the fan's club and all this stuff but YOU DON'T KNOW ME. I just said that 'cos it isn't good say things like "sorry travis blah blah...." 'cos this can disturb some fans ok??
so read again I told u that there is a general chat to make this comments. All we are part of travis web team.

If my words hurt u I apologize about it!!
And I'm not a dictator (this word have a bad concept and it's a little exaggerated I'm not hitler or mussolini jajaja lol)

Re: How very apt...
barby
barby Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 6:51 PM Quote
we're in a chatty mood are we ?

mayfly
mayfly Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 8:06 PM Quote
melissa wrote:
THANKS

melissa wrote:

sorry but u are wrong I don't want a teenage girl forum, darling. I hate the fan's club and all this stuff but YOU DON'T KNOW ME. I just said that 'cos it isn't good say things like "sorry travis blah blah...." 'cos this can disturb some fans ok??
so read again I told u that there is a general chat to make this comments. All we are part of travis web team.

If my words hurt u I apologize about it!!
And I'm not a dictator (this word have a bad concept and it's a little exaggerated I'm not hitler or mussolini jajaja lol)

I think you totally misunderstood my posts. I didn't say "Travis are a bunch of shit bollocks" or anything. I just said I saw Starsailor a couple of weeks ago and they were so great, so I've been listening to their music for a while, not listening to Travis as usual. And I also said that as a Travis fan waiting for their gig in my country, I almost worried what if they don't play as much as Starsailor did here, because not every band plays every gig amazingly in top form. This doesn't mean Travis play live so shit or any intention involved to disgrace them. It's just for emphasizing the other, not comparing both bands which one is better.

You said I fooled you and didn't respect your likes as much as you did. But I can't find in which part exactly I did that to you. Don't you think you're overacting? Otherwise, please point that out to me.

And also I've never realised such law exists here for "Do not disturb fans". We all live in the different part of the world and use different languages and have different point of view. We don't feel same things on Travis music and don't have same good or bad taste on each songs either. I'm free to say certain Travis songs are shit if I think so. They are not Absolute Good. This might disturb you but it's not a matter to be judged or openly harshed here as you do to me right now.

The only thing I'm sorry to you is I made too much compliment of other band on the Travis topic. I should have realised some people are so mean to others and I'm overruled by very strict forum rules here.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
barby wrote:

another message that wasn't supposed to land here...

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
melissa wrote:
THANKS

http://blog.teenoptions.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/discipline.jpg
Messageboard users promptly suffer the consequence for stepping out of line. To the disciplinary soldier!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 04 Dec, 2007 9:55 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
barby wrote:

I thought it might be irony...

iraida
iraida Posted Wed 05 Dec, 2007 7:24 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
barby wrote:

Hahaha ... ( I bet this one too )

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:02 PM