Travis

attn TWT:
audrey
audrey Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:19 PM Quote
as im sure youve seen and as im sure you know, the server for this site is dragging it down immensely. do you know whats causing this? if its the need for a new server, were willing to donate towards fixing the problem.

we all love this board, but its becoming a hassle to even get on here. :/

ps. i see that the board is moving a bit faster today. hooray! :) thanks for everything you do, twt.

Re: attn TWT:
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
Well said Audrey.

Several people have left the board because they cannot even log on. Pages load so slowly that the people who can get on mainly lurk because posting takes too much time.

Please let us know the problem and as Audrey said, we're willing to be part of the solution.

Lurkers: If you only respond to one post, let it be this one! Nine lookers so far and not one word of agreement? Let's keep this one near the top.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 11:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Well said Audrey.

Several people have left the board because they cannot even log on. Pages load so slowly that the people who can get on mainly lurk because posting takes too much time.

Please let us know the problem and as Audrey said, we're willing to be part of the solution.

Lurkers: If you only respond to one post, let it be this one! Nine lookers so far and not one word of agreement? Let's keep this one near the top.

agreed!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 1:01 AM Quote
*comes out of lurking to agree*

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
My avatar says it all...I'm only here because I'm psyched to see Travis in Seattle in 3 days, 1 hour, 26 minutes, 58 seconds.

mili
mili Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 6:35 AM Quote
The site seems to a bit less snail-like today, very nice!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 6:25 PM Quote
Count me in. The site is very unstable. Sometimes the speed is ok, sometimes it is extremely laggy..

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 7:56 PM Quote
*bump*

TWT, I love the new site, but as Audrey said, it is extremely slow at times and sometimes won’t even load at all. Do you know what the problem is and can it be fixed?

Thanks for always answering our questions.

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
*bump*

TWT, I love the new site, but as Audrey said, it is extremely slow at times and sometimes won’t even load at all. Do you know what the problem is and can it be fixed?

Thanks for always answering our questions.

Agreed! (trying to keep this up!)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
I second that statement.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 9:52 PM Quote
It's not been half as slow for me recently as it was a week or two back. Still not perfect, but usable.

Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:44 AM Quote
audrey wrote:
as im sure youve seen and as im sure you know, the server for this site is dragging it down immensely. do you know whats causing this?

Hi Audrey, and all who have contributed to this thread,

yes, we are aware that the site has been painfully slow of late and how frustrating that must be for regular visitors, especially as the site can be speedy at some points and then almost unusable at others.

This is a hosting/server related problem and as such we're in the hands of our present hosting providers to see if they can improve the service.

Having said that, we've not been 100% happy with the hosting of the site since it's move in May, and we've had a number of discussions about this recently, it looks very likely that we will be moving the site's hosting once again in the very near future to achieve a better level of service and speed.

We'll probably have more details on this over the next month or so... thank you also for your generous offer of a donation, but this won't be required for the move.

audrey
audrey Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 1:13 AM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:
audrey wrote:
as im sure youve seen and as im sure you know, the server for this site is dragging it down immensely. do you know whats causing this?

yes, we are aware that the site has been painfully slow of late and how frustrating that must be for regular visitors, especially as the site can be speedy at some points and then almost unusable at others.

This is a hosting/server related problem and as such we're in the hands of our present hosting providers to see if they can improve the service.

Having said that, we've not been 100% happy with the hosting of the site since it's move in May, and we've had a number of discussions about this recently, it looks very likely that we will be moving the site's hosting once again in the very near future to achieve a better level of service and speed.

We'll probably have more details on this over the next month or so... thank you also for your generous offer of a donation, but this won't be required for the move.

well, anything i can do.. just let me know. i still owe you big time. ;)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 10:01 AM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that something's being done and that we can expect the board to be OK again at some point. Now we just have to bide our time :o)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 16 Nov, 2007 7:11 PM Quote
Ooh, hi TWT!

Thanks for letting us know what's up and for giving the server guys hell ;)

Hope you can get it fixed soon!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:12 AM