Travis

New album soon?
Elein
Elein Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:39 PM Quote
Hi! Donno if this is old news in here, but Fran told us at the oslo gig that they are planning to record the next album in the new year and are planning to be done by march! They would like the new album to be more raw and not so polished. i like:)

Re: New album soon?
Trevis
Trevis Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:46 PM Quote
Elein wrote:
Hi! Donno if this is old news in here, but Fran told us at the oslo gig that they are planning to record the next album in the new year and are planning to be done by march! They would like the new album to be more raw and not so polished. i like:)

That's great news. (but don't know if it's old)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
Elein wrote:

Is that true?! That would be amazing! I hope it's not too quick if it is true although i've said on here before they should get another album out relatively quickly. I meant early 2009 though! lol Interesting if it's true. Hopefully a lot more guitar.

I wonder if The Boy... was just a warm up album. I love the album but they said they'd recorded over 40 songs. Maybe the best 10/11 of them will be released next year?!

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
Aye, that's true, I just read the same thing from another thread and I'm almost going crazy for this info. I mean, this soon? They're going to spoil us - they do have some making up after four years though ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:54 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
Aye, that's true, I just read the same thing from another thread and I'm almost going crazy for this info. I mean, this soon? They're going to spoil us - they do have some making up after four years though ;)

Hey Jenni. Not spoke in ages! :) Great news isn't it if it's true. I think the last i knew you still hadn't heard the album. What do you think of it?! lol

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:56 PM Quote
Dougie and Andy told me the same thing in Hamburg. They promised it wouldn't be as long as last time :)

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 10:03 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Hey Jenni. Not spoke in ages! :) Great news isn't it if it's true. I think the last i knew you still hadn't heard the album. What do you think of it?! lol

Bennn, good evening there! Hahaha well that question is indeed on time. To be honest I was a bit disappointed at first, especially because I couldn't relate to most of the songs, but of course by now it has become a very, very important album for me, I just had to let it grow on me a bit longer than the other ones.
What's up with you?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 10:10 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Bennn, good evening there! Hahaha well that question is indeed on time. To be honest I was a bit disappointed at first, especially because I couldn't relate to most of the songs, but of course by now it has become a very, very important album for me, I just had to let it grow on me a bit longer than the other ones.
What's up with you?

I'm ok thanks. We should have more of a chat soon. I thought the album was probably their best at first. At least as good as The Man Who and The Invisible Band but after 6 months or so (which is when you can really judge an album) i'm of the opinion that it's a bit too long. It goes off a bit towards the end. And i think it misses a bit of Andy's guitar. It's my 3rd fave Travis album which is no bad thing. It's got some brilliant songs on it, really brilliant. I just hope they really rock out with the next album. 10 really brilliant rocking tunes - perfect! And i can add the new Travis album to the already exciting line up of albums next year!

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I'm ok thanks. We should have more of a chat soon. I thought the album was probably their best at first. At least as good as The Man Who and The Invisible Band but after 6 months or so (which is when you can really judge an album) i'm of the opinion that it's a bit too long. It goes off a bit towards the end. And i think it misses a bit of Andy's guitar. It's my 3rd fave Travis album which is no bad thing. It's got some brilliant songs on it, really brilliant. I just hope they really rock out with the next album. 10 really brilliant rocking tunes - perfect! And i can add the new Travis album to the already exciting line up of albums next year!

Yes we should. A bit too long.. You might be right, and it definitely misses some rough guitar, that's where I totally agree with you. I must say that The Boy includes my least fav album songs from Travis; Under The Moonlight, Out In Space and One Night. Don't get me wrong, I love them -especially the last one, but in my opinion they are the weakest links from any of their albums. Sounds like they are definitely going to rock harder in the next album though, so fingers crossed! Now I'm off to bed, good night and talk to you soon :)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 10:27 PM Quote
Haha, I posted the same thing earlier ;-) I'm seriously excited!! Especially cause new album means new tour ;-)

And btw, thanks for last night. Did you guys have a safe trip home?

elodie
elodie Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 11:01 PM Quote
wooooooooooo
I'm really excited! A new Travis album! I didn't know that it would seen the light of day in March!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 11:07 PM Quote
Intrigue!- I was only wondering today which way they would go after TBWNN .They could go anyway they wanted really. I really like TBWNN ,it will definately be one of my favourite albums. I just get a high when I am listening to it. I've started to play it when my world feels like its good and it just makes me happier :-) . I love ' One Night and 'Under the moonlight' - Out in space is maybe one too many and I think colder might have been better on the next album but thats all nitpick , the second wind at the back makes it all so new again, so its quite novel.

( I heard Keanes 'Hopes and Fears ' in the hairdressers recently and it sounded unbearably played out . When they went and put it on a second time , I nearly had to get out of the shop!.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 11:17 PM Quote
elodie wrote:
wooooooooooo
I'm really excited! A new Travis album! I didn't know that it would seen the light of day in March!

Well, they said they'd be done recording in March. I imagine they'll need some time to put it all toghether after that though, but I'm def hoping for early summer :-)

Seriously though, after touring like crazy for TBWNN, another album within a year is amazing! An to think Fran has his son to take care of as well (and the others also have their families of course). They truly are dedicated to making music.

mecarr
mecarr Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
I Hope this album is out in March. But let's remember that most bands, including Travis, have made statements that an album will done in so many months only to have it released much later than anticipated.

el_gemelito
el_gemelito Posted Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:26 AM Quote
Are you sure!!!
why don't you ask Fran about it???
xD
he sometimes answers the board!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:43 AM