Travis

Met the band last night!! + new album on it's way :-)
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:06 PM Quote
I thought I'd make my own thread rather than hijacking happy_me's ;)

Anyways, thanks for last night girls! Probably somewhere close to the best day of my life so far :D I skipped all the way to the dentist today, haha!
I have literally just landed, though my head is still floating somewhere between Oslo and Bergen, lol! After spending two days in Oslo with minimal leg rest, my legs are officially all mush right now, and my voice has magically risen an octave from all the singing last night. But who cares! I met the band! Got pictures with them and they signed my setlist, what more is there to wish for :)

Also I dont' know if this is common knowledge, but the band told us they were gonna try to finish recording the next album by march! I can't believe there will be a new album out so soon! And of course, new album means new tour, which I'm ALL for :D

Here's some pics of the band and I (except for Neil, it wasn't intentional, but somehow I never got a pic with him..). Oh, and please ignore my geekiness, lol :P
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5020/setlistqy9.th.jpg http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6157/dougieax0.th.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9663/franec9.th.jpg http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7537/andytb1.th.jpg

And btw, regarding the setlist; they played U16 Girls too. It was requested during the show, which is why it's not on the setlist.

Re: Met the band last night!! + new album on it's way :-)
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:09 PM Quote
Yeah for you! Your giddiness is seeping through all the way to my computer in Texas! And thanks for the VERY exciting news about their album! WOW!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
I'm really happy you had fun! Really cool pics! And thanks so much for the new album news! YAY!

Ulrikke
Ulrikke Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:28 PM Quote
Congrats on meeting the guys. I'm so happy for you! (plus a little jealous).
Yay for the album news. :)

sara spain
sara spain Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:33 PM Quote
Wooow You look really happy!!

Thanks for the album info!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:38 PM Quote
Cool picys, good to hear you enjoyed the gig. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/9-Grin2.gif

Great news about the album, although I did secretly expect the next one to be out quite promptly. They recorded loads of material in the last session after all, and I seem to remember Dougie or one of the band mentioning how the stuff that didn't make TBWNN can go on 'the next album'. I guess there's parallels with Radioheads Kid A/Amnesiac thing.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
Wow! Great pictures and fantastic news!! Thank you SO much for the album update! MARCH?!? Eeee! I’m giddy too! :D

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 8:51 PM Quote
I just looked at that setlist and thought they'd done a Beatles cover as the last song... then my brain kicked in, d'oh

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:08 PM Quote
adflsakdfjösdighösdighsödgliusgd !!

NEW ALBUM.

What. the. hell.

See you guys in cloud 9.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
Woah, reply overload, lol :P

Yeah, I was pretty excited about the album announcement as well! Fran also said were so inspired by doing the Lovely Rita cover, where they had to use the same equipment that Beatles did, that they wanted to make this album "the old fashion" way too! And it is supposed to be a bit rougher than The Boy :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
Yeah, Lucile told me that they were planning on a new album, but I thought that was suppose to be on the DL, so I didn't say anything... oh well, cat's outta the bag! Now I can express my jubilation openly.

HOORAY!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:28 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yeah, Lucile told me that they were planning on a new album, but I thought that was suppose to be on the DL, so I didn't say anything... oh well, cat's outta the bag! Now I can express my jubilation openly.

HOORAY!

Well, seeing as Fran spilled this one himself during the encore of the show, I wouldn't exactly call it a secret anymore. He told us they'd be back real soon, and I was all "Awesome, another concert!" and then the album news came! So yeah, I guess the cats out ;) And a pretty damn good cat it is, lol!

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Fran also said were so inspired by doing the Lovely Rita cover, where they had to use the same equipment that Beatles did, that they wanted to make this album "the old fashion" way too! And it is supposed to be a bit rougher than The Boy :D

Sounds frickin' cool. Gaahh, this definitely made my day, thanks so much.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 10:16 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Cool picys, good to hear you enjoyed the gig. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/9-Grin2.gif

Great news about the album, although I did secretly expect the next one to be out quite promptly. They recorded loads of material in the last session after all, and I seem to remember Dougie or one of the band mentioning how the stuff that didn't make TBWNN can go on 'the next album'. I guess there's parallels with Radioheads Kid A/Amnesiac thing.

I'm not sure that those songs will be used on the new record as Andy and Dougie clearly told me that they wanted to WRITE new songs. And this is consistent with their desire to record the new album really quickly, the old-fashioned way to capture the energy of live takes. It wouldn't make much sense to use songs that are already written and recorded...

peno
peno Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 10:47 PM Quote
Nice for you. I was also in Setrum Sene last night - a fine event. It was great being in the first line. I now how you feel meting the band, because I meet the four guys before the concert in DK last week.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:37 PM