Travis

Re: Paul McCartney gig at Roundhouse
Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Mon 29 Oct, 2007 10:09 PM Quote

[/quote]

For all Beatles fans who haven't seen this :- :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KYQjtSsy8&eurl=http://www.mrsatori.com/archive/072007/chance072907.htm

Hope these links work , I'm crap at this!

[/quote]

haha.."pinch" oh Paul...how I love thee

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 12:04 PM Quote
None of this matters anyway because it's all about George intit.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 12:20 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
But surely one of the points you're missing is that all of those stories you've heard about McCartney are from secondary sources; from newspapers, television and the like that can twist everything and represent people however they wish. I'm not suggesting he's a perfect person, because he's just as human as any of us. But if every thing you did in your life was pronounced to the population - exaggerated, manipulated or presented without proper reasoning – then perhaps you’d understand how unjust it is to pass such harsh judgement on someone you don’t really even know.

Representation is a big part of my media studies course. I know these things. :p

Hang on a second, we are talking about the same man who has been using the media for years to keep himself in the spotlight... then when the media turn on him it's invasion of privacy and manipulation, Hmmm, the words Pot, Kettle and Black come to mind, he can't have it all his own way, if you are going t manipulate th media for your own ends then you have to realise that one day they may do exactly the same to you !!

and btw Esteban is right it is all about George...

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 1:05 PM Quote
ayup

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p231/keeforever/George%20Harrison/guitar13.jpg

Moray
Moray Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 2:04 PM Quote
I <3 George

dee
dee Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 2:08 PM Quote
http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/images1/harrison_g_by_avedon.jpg

best beatle.
FACT

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 2:13 PM Quote
{/Quote}
Hang on a second, we are talking about the same man who has been using the media for years to keep himself in the spotlight... then when the media turn on him it's invasion of privacy and manipulation, Hmmm, the words Pot, Kettle and Black come to mind, he can't have it all his own way, if you are going t manipulate th media for your own ends then you have to realise that one day they may do exactly the same to you !!

and btw Esteban is right it is all about George...

Dubz [/quote]

Can I say : This thread was supposed to be about the Roundhouse Gig not a thread to open up comments on the unfortunate situation of his personal life.
Incidentally and now its bumped back to the top Re Paul and media : The Beatles have never needed to use the media to be in the spotlight, the media are right there for them.

We could all be trashed by the media in his position so leave it out now Dubz,you dont like him and you've made your point.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 2:13 PM Quote
George Harrison was the best Beatle. My grandaddy made him shoes =D

Oh and Ringo is the second best, for making Zak Starkey, wooowwwww he's amazing <3

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 2:23 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Can I say : This thread was supposed to be about the Roundhouse Gig not a thread to open up comments on the unfortunate situation of his personal life.

But you've barely said anything about the gig itself, other than 'it was cool'. The rest of the thread you've engaged with people on Paul McCartney-related matters other than the gig, but now you're stroppily demanding that everyone revert to the original topic of the thread because he's getting a slating?

Poor.

http://cache.bordom.net/images/b006749d8f589f3c2bdbe14dcc5f74e3.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 2:25 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Oh and Ringo is the second best, for making Zak Starkey, wooowwwww he's amazing <3

yer grand dad RAWKS !

A friend of mine was in the hospital and Ringo came in to check on the well being of an employee of his . He made a point stopping by every bed in the ward

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 2:42 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
[quote="Somewhere Else"]
But you've barely said anything about the gig itself, other than 'it was cool'. The rest of the thread you've engaged with people on Paul McCartney-related matters other than the gig, but now you're stroppily demanding that everyone revert to the original topic of the thread because he's getting a slating?

Poor.

Yea I thought it was cool , I opened up the thread , I dont have to say more than that.! I know a thread develops but enuf is enuf .If you want a slating thread ( and this wasn't one ) you should start your own off or go to the PM web site , even better.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 3:01 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Esteban wrote:
[quote="Somewhere Else"]

Poor.

Yea I thought it was cool , I opened up the thread , I dont have to say more than that.! I know a thread develops but enuf is enuf .If you want a slating thread ( and this wasn't one ) you should start your own off or go to the PM web site , even better.

Couple of points...

1. I am not personally slating you, so please don't take it that way, however if you can't see it objectively then that I'm afraid that is your problem, I refer to my earlier point about seperating the man from the music, he's talented yes, no denying that... but that was not what I said.

2. This is a board for free speech, if I wanna slate somebody in whatever thread I feel fit to, then I'll do so. This is not a dictaorship.

3. If you are gonna declare your love for Someone then go for it but please understand that this is a public forum and I feel just as strong a dislike as you do a like.

4. The Beatles never used the media ??? Why everytime a plane touched down were the press there, could it possibly be they were told?? also remember this is back in the day when privacy laws weren't so lax, also the Beatles never held a single press conference? of course they used the media and the media used them.

Dubz Guevara
Freedom of Speech

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 3:08 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

So, just to clarify what you said, if someone wants to say some anti-PM stuff they have to post on another board?

LOL

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 3:28 PM Quote
I really wanted to go to this show

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/1976wingsposter.jpg

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 03 Nov, 2007 3:36 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

yer grand dad RAWKS !

A friend of mine was in the hospital and Ringo came in to check on the well being of an employee of his . He made a point stopping by every bed in the ward

Aww that's so sweet. I wouldnt mind Zak Starkey visiting me when I am in bed. lmao.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:57 AM