Travis

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 12:26 AM Quote
What do you think?

I thought quite cool.I liked his new song house of wax ( think thats what it was called)

Paul is to moon as Fran is to eyes :-)

Re: Paul McCartney gig at Roundhouse
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 5:51 AM Quote
I'm not denying he's talented but the man is an absolute wankbag of the highest calibre

Dubz

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 7:50 AM Quote
Haha not your cup of tea? Wish John was still around .All that great music we could have had *sighs*

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 8:17 AM Quote

Lennnon was also an arsehole but at least his music detracted from it, This is the man who sung Working Class Hero but had a New York apartment refridgerated to keep his fur coats at the right temprature.

but he did right some amazing stuff... Mother you had me but I never had you, that line just says so much

Dubz

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 9:37 AM Quote
Now I didn't know that about hs coats. But I do think that he can't be expected to live his lyrics entirely.( am big fan ) His fur coats were obviously important to him :-) I kinda find that funny . Any more snippets?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 9:59 AM Quote
nah...

I feel if I ever met him I'd take a serious dislike to him, I mean he's obviously an arrogant wanker of a man but he's also a musical genius,

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 12:49 PM Quote
dubs is correct , but I can still remember being crushed when the news was announced , " John Lennon Shot " , followed 5 min later " John Lennon is dead "

then getting chastized by a bunch of hippies for partying at the wake they held here, " How dare you , he did alot for Peace " . Both His and Yokos Peace stance really was just a affect to me . But some great music came outta him

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 5:23 PM Quote
Im glad I wasn’t alive when he was shot. I think I would have been pretty much inconsolable. when ever I think about it I get so mad. errg.
As for him being an ass, he has every right to be- he’s a beatle, all his love goes into his songs;)

lol, I just remembered that last night I had a dream that Paul was randomly playing a guitar on a field at my uni, and I went up and hugged him and told him that the beatles raised me- as basically, growing up, my dad would always play them. haha, silliness...

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 5:52 PM Quote
Yeah I thought the roundhouse gig was pretty cool.

I don't get why McCartney isn't liked as a person. From what I've seen of him in interviews and recordings of gigs he seems a decent enough guy. If perceptions of him are based purely on newspaper stories then that's hardly trustworthy...

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 27 Oct, 2007 6:42 PM Quote
I think that all those years they had of sycophants and total self indulgence is bound to have affected the way they think and feel. Its like winning the lottery , it wrecks your life if your not prepared for it and I dont think they were. Although I feel with John , like Steph said , his inner , real self , went in to his songs.

They all ended up different too what they started off as and I think they probably were aware of that. Macca comes across shirty and a bit daft ! and dare I say a bit conceited at times. Hey , having said that , a prerogative he earned!

I liked Johns spirit :-)

Edit : Felt bad since I wrote above .Sorry if it offended anyone. Was trying to throw some light on what Dubz said but had no right to. Paul's had some hard times to deal with with three of the closest people in his life gone.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 28 Oct, 2007 12:27 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Yeah I thought the roundhouse gig was pretty cool.

I don't get why McCartney isn't liked as a person. From what I've seen of him in interviews and recordings of gigs he seems a decent enough guy. If perceptions of him are based purely on newspaper stories then that's hardly trustworthy...

What?!? Why the Paul bashing? I don't get it either. You're right, he seems like a very decent person. What do some of you have against him?

And as "Typing to reach you" said, what's written about him in the tabloids is hardly reliable. None of us know him personally, so I can't really say...all I know is that he makes some of the best music on Earth. Period.

Doesn't Fran know McCartney personally?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 28 Oct, 2007 2:52 PM Quote
" I buried Paul " - john Lennon in strawberry fields forever .

Any one ever catch Lennon cursing in Hey Jude , right before the nah , nah na na na NAH ? fukin cool they left it in

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 28 Oct, 2007 2:54 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Any one ever catch Lennon cursing in Hey Jude , right before the nah , nah na na na NAH ? fukin cool they left it in

REALLY? I never noticed! What does he say before the Na na na na na na nas? I'll have to listen for it today...think I've got my Beatles "1" album in the car.

Barbara
Barbara Posted Sun 28 Oct, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
I don't think either Paul nor John is/was an a***hole. Not at all. Just to make that clear :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 28 Oct, 2007 9:40 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

REALLY? I never noticed! What does he say before the Na na na na na na nas? I'll have to listen for it today...think I've got my Beatles "1" album in the car.

eh , you should have them all , plus a few mono and MFSL.
ones too

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:35 PM