Travis

Re: Not In The top-40 again
Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 2:02 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

If you want to continue this , please message me. This thread sucks.

I just did that very same thing, which resulted in you sending two abusive messages back. Complain all you like, I don't care.

And Sorry Angel isn't in my "crappy little gang" there is no gang, it's all in your imagination.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 2:31 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

I just did that very same thing, which resulted in you sending two abusive messages back. Complain all you like, I don't care.

And Sorry Angel isn't in my "crappy little gang" there is no gang, it's all in your imagination.

hahahaha this is exactly the reason why i did not PM her. What I've got to say I can say in public... and I have nothing more to say to Somewhere Else on this subject.

Sad that it has come to this :(

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 2:36 PM Quote

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh gosh that makes me laugh...
but still not as much as the regretted Friday Dance! ha ha

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 3:52 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

You want me to reply publicly right? As you didn't use the PM that your friend curtly suggested for my open post....

Well I dont know what you read but I read that Sara Anna /'Fan' of the Band calls Fran

A bully
A narcissist
A fake ( projects himself forward as a caring profesional)
His latest album is pants
His sons name stupid

Infers he is
A Liar
rude
thoughtless
Intimidating
No manners
Insulting
Boorish
and theres something wrong in the Band

Its Total claptrap

All cleverly masked in the odd positive and in the name of 'honest opinion' .Its attack, not opinion and all so predictable.

Might be ok with you , but its not with me.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/101-sing.gif We’re battleships. Drifting in our wee forum…http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/101-sing.gif

Seriously, Somewhere Else, I think Fran's a great guy and all but you seem one step away from building a Fran Healy worship temple in your back garden. You don’t need to protect him. You’re actually just aggravating the situation and making it a helluva lot worse than it otherwise would be.

I don’t know a great deal about this situation, and therefore I’m not taking anyone’s side. This is just what happens when two strong-minded individuals clash. I believe there’s been a certain amount of hurt on both sides, perhaps partially due to misunderstandings, and somewhat indiscreet responses at times. But nobody is perfect, and anyone who thinks they are has flawed judgement. It would be nice to see more forgiving attitudes though. A clean slate needs to be started, but it takes the cooperation of everybody to make that happen.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 3:59 PM Quote
I'm gonna bust this out on you lot if you don't pack this in!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42746000/jpg/_42746003_cannon_afp416.jpg

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
ORDER!!!! *thwacks computer desk with imaginary mallet and immediately feels slightly silly*
*decides instead to stand virtually between Sunny and Somewhere Else (the boardie, not just anywhere...)

Look folks, less of the personal abuse would be nice! Whoever wrote the forum version of Battleships is spot on, maybe that could be a bonus track on the next album? :)

It has made an interesting thread though! (oops, shouldn't have admitted that :s)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 7:43 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

TWT, please do the right thing and lock the thread.

Has TWT ever locked a thread? I'm intrigued now...

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 7:50 PM Quote
Isa_travis wrote:

hello Kurai!!
yes you're right, here in Spain is the same, singles are not very usual, I only can buy the cds and that's all. I'd love to have all Travis singles with the b-sides but well, it has nothing to do ^^;
About the Coldplay thing, I agree with you. Coldplay is a such a good band but for me that's all. They don't connect with me anymore, they're so cold and their songs don't make me feel any sensation. Nothing. I love Travis because they're sometimes sweet, melancholic, happy,sad..... You can feel some attachment to Travis songs when you're having this different feelings in your own life, Coldplay is just listening. And well, as you said, many of Coldplay songs sound the same ^^;
WE NEED MORE TRAVIS IN OUR LIFE!

Oh it's so true! I said earlier (it's all been a bit overlooked now :) ) in this thread that Travis might fade away, if they're not careful. I don't really think this is true, although I did feel strongly it was at the time :s Recently I've listened to the albums again, and realised how awesome they all are. I just feel TBWNN falls slightly short of the others in terms of the Magic, and I sooooooo wanted it to be magical that the other day I let rip a bit :)

I agree with Sunny's theory that if the next album is produced quickly (but not rushed, obviously) it might be more 'magical'. Go for it Fran :D

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

Yes.

And if you stand there you may get a punch on the nose, alrighty? :P

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 9:01 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

Yes.

And if you stand there you may get a punch on the nose, alrighty? :P

Ooooh, planning to get violent are we? ;)
*begins to get second thoughts about trying to diffuse the argument*
Ummmm, you two can just kinda sort it out, can't you? You don't need me...
*runs away very quickly*

Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 11:15 PM Quote
I agree with Sunny's theory that if the next album is produced quickly (but not rushed, obviously) it might be more 'magical'. Go for it Fran :D

hope Travis don't make us wait for so long! : )

pablob
pablob Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 11:21 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I'm gonna bust this out on you lot if you don't pack this in!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42746000/jpg/_42746003_cannon_afp416.jpg

And suddenly, our lovely chilean police showed up

monkey
monkey Posted Fri 05 Oct, 2007 11:55 PM Quote
http://www.tail-waggers.com/images/dogs/toys/chill_pill.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 12:12 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
http://www.tail-waggers.com/images/dogs/toys/chill_pill.jpg

LOL! Hey Monk Monk! :D

So true! Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, chill out and look at what you're posting to one another. Why so much anger? I don't know what happened at that gig, but all I can say is that when I met Fran he was a very sweet and kind person. I could tell he was very sincere and I completely agree with what he has said here. It's all about the WAY you say things. How on Earth can anyone tell a person that their child's name is "stupid"? How completely awful. You may have some valid points Sara, however, you come across as an aggressive person and I feel your original post was very harsh towards the band. I just hope this thread doesn't stop Fran from posting because I appreciate that he comes here to chat with us.

kurai
kurai Posted Mon 08 Oct, 2007 1:23 PM Quote
Isa_travis wrote:

hope Travis don't make us wait for so long! : )

I hope so too! But at the moment I´m really looking forward to their next concert - that´s where the magic truly is ;)

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:51 PM