Travis

Rediscovered Travis' songs
Trevis
Trevis Posted Wed 05 Sep, 2007 10:51 PM Quote
Which Travis' songs did you dislike at the first time, but then you change your opinion and now it became in great songs?
It happened to me with:
-The beautiful occupation
-Midsummer nights dreamin'
-Paperclips
-Walking down the hill
-The line is fine

Re: Rediscovered Travis' songs
Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 12:00 AM Quote
Whenever She Comes Around - but because there are two versions. I thought the b-side was dull. Not bad, not memorable either, then a few weeks ago I heard the version on the Glass Onion LP and suddenly loved it. Haven't worked out if the G/O version really is that much better, or if I just like the song better suddenly.

Ditto for The Beautiful Occupation, the acoustic version made me appreciate it.

In terms of album tracks I never liked Safe from the first time I heard The Invisible Band. Then randomly one day I had the 'it's okay....you gotta be just who you are, who you are' line rolling round in my head and it made me want to listen to it again. I really like it now.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 12:20 AM Quote
I've never disliked any of the band's songs but for me, Happy was definitely one of those songs which needed a lot of time to sunk in.

I also thought (long, long time ago) that More Than Us was "very pretty, but boring." I mean.. What the hell? One of my all time favourites in the world like, ever.

Oh and Closer. At some point I really thought it was quite dull but now I've noticed that it's kind of my personal favourite from The Boy. Tender and absolutely amazing, you just have to listen to it very closely.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 1:04 AM Quote
Off the top of my head, I would say Luv. It just hit me one day. (I may have been feeling particularly lonesome and depressed) It's one of my favorites now

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 1:10 AM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
I've never disliked any of the band's songs but for me, Happy was definitely one of those songs which needed a lot of time to sunk in.

Yeah, I felt the same way about Happy. I was like, 'Ok ok, you're happy! We know!' But after waking up with it stuck in my head a couple days. And seeing them perform it live on the More Than Us Dvd. I was like, "Man, this song really gets me going.' Now I just wish they'll play it the next time they come here.

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:23 AM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
Whenever She Comes Around - but because there are two versions. I thought the b-side was dull. Not bad, not memorable either, then a few weeks ago I heard the version on the Glass Onion LP and suddenly loved it. Haven't worked out if the G/O version really is that much better, or if I just like the song better suddenly.

same with me- I had always liked WSCA, but I really liked it after I heard the GO version(which I also love)...that's so weird huh?

anyway, not that I disliked them, but I definitely rediscovered Good Feeling b-sides recently...they are all so amazing...

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
Follow the Light grew on me after a reggae/jazz musician friend of mine really liked. He said, "Man, that is just so pretty." so I listened close and I love it now.

Battleships really had to grow on me. I loved the music intro but once Fran started singing, I didn't like it. But it grew on me a lot and I love it now, especially after hearing it live.

Something Else was also a song that grew on me and it is one of my favorites, along with Quicksand, off 12 Memories.

martina
martina Posted Fri 07 Sep, 2007 4:52 PM Quote
How Many Hearts... Quicksand... Slide Show... Three Times and You Lose sounded quite boring the first time I heard it... and of course I disliked Closer for over a year until I saw the video :)

barby
barby Posted Fri 07 Sep, 2007 9:36 PM Quote
New Amsterdam
Selfish Jean

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 2:55 AM Quote
I didn't dislike "Selfish Jean" but it was more in the cute/fun song category for me. I still think it's a lyrically funny song but now I appreciate how well the song is crafted. Andy's guitar and Dougie's bass lines are playful and tinkly and add so much.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 4:00 AM Quote
"I Love You Anyways" has really grown on me. and I appreciate "The Line Is Fine" a lot more now after hearing it live for the first time this summer. I never really disliked either of these songs, though. Hmmm...it's really hard for me to think of a Travis song I don't like! Haha! Oh! I know! When I first got "The Invisible Band" I always skipped over "Safe" for some reason and I don't know why because I love that song now!

marcela_lm
marcela_lm Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 7:17 AM Quote
sing---
new amsterdam, i just dont get it

CelliMylene
CelliMylene Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 10:38 AM Quote
Last train! =) Right now actually, after reading this, I started listening really closely to the songs I don`t listen to as much...

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 10:46 AM Quote
The Cage. I hated this song in the beginning, but now, I love it!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:28 PM