Travis

travis songs around shops
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 2:17 PM Quote
yesterday i was shopping with my sister and in the first shop while trying on clothes, Big chair started, and in the next shop, while trying other clothes, Closer started.
Very very nice!

Re: travis songs around shops
emma10
emma10 Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 2:31 PM Quote
Oh, I was in Poundland in Meadowhall last week and my mum pointed out that Closer was on as it's one of their songs that she actually likes. Yes, I shop in Poundland, I ought to at least add that my mum dragged me in there so I don't look as bad?

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
Side was on in Belks earlier this summer. I ran to find the nearest speaker and was singing along and embarrassing my fellow shoppers :P

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 3:56 PM Quote
H&M is the shop to be when spotting Travis songs... :)

MaggieMae
MaggieMae Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 5:31 PM Quote
My local Morrisons used to play WDIAROM and the first time i heard it in there it occured to me to wonder what must it be like to be Fran and be in a shop and hear your own voice coming back at you from the tannoy!
Embarrassing moment on the same subject I was in an airport bookshop last month and could hear Closer playing and stood still and put my head on one side thinking what good taste the shop had, when I suddenly realised it was my new mobile which I had forgotten about.

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 7:56 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
H&M is the shop to be when spotting Travis songs... :)

I was in H&M when Big Chair started playing at the radio! My sister and I were like "I know this bass thing..." and it was the bass at the beginning of Big Chair! And I started singing along while looking at clothes (and didn't buy anything)

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
I was at a grocery store and I thought I heard Closer playing. I realized it wasn't Closer, but I pretended it was anyway and sang it in my head.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 5:31 AM Quote
Last summer while in Scotland (im Canadian) i heard Travis in some store and im pretty sure it made my entire trip!
That, and hearing Abba in Sweden, lol

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 1:41 PM Quote
MaggieMae wrote:
My local Morrisons used to play WDIAROM and the first time i heard it in there it occured to me to wonder what must it be like to be Fran and be in a shop and hear your own voice coming back at you from the tannoy!
Embarrassing moment on the same subject I was in an airport bookshop last month and could hear Closer playing and stood still and put my head on one side thinking what good taste the shop had, when I suddenly realised it was my new mobile which I had forgotten about.

Oooooh, cringey! But funny.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 4:30 PM Quote
Me and my dad were out for a pizza when Safe came on. Normally over here, if they play any Travis at all, they play the more "known" ones like WDIAROM, Side, Sing or Closer. Safe is amongst my personale favorites though, and this certainly made my day :)

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 7:30 PM Quote
EVERY time I go a "REWE" supermarket they play Travis songs in the background (occasionally Snow Patrol, but most of the time Travis)

and today in a small shop I heard My Eyes :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 10:30 PM Quote
today. 1pm-ish. Old Navy. Limeridge Mall. Hamilton, Ontario Canada.
Selfish Jean.
I was just on my way out of the store, but stayed and sang to myself instead.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:38 PM