Travis

Re: What language or with what accent would you like to spea
lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

And I'm trying to get a work placement position in Madrid, but it's really difficult because people just cannot ANSWER emails - or give any information about vacant positions in the future. That makes it really difficult to find

honey, they're busy singing and dancing "ole ole" or enjoying siesta !

Abs...do you remember what happened the last time you wrote something like this?? LOL

what happened what happened????

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 9:39 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Monica wrote:
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

And I'm trying to get a work placement position in Madrid, but it's really difficult because people just cannot ANSWER emails - or give any information about vacant positions in the future. That makes it really difficult to find

I'm sure they do exactly that. They're sitting there with loads of Tapas plates around them, drinkin Sangría, watching Corridas on TV and dancing around from time to time ;)

Yeah, I spend my days doing all of these.

some people are luckier than others !

That's life! :p

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
lilly wrote:
plus Spanish with a Salmantinian accent

Do you like the accent from Salamanca? Well, it's better than many others, but I don't like it so much. For me, my favourite accent is the one from Madrid (mine), but a lot of people think that our way of speaking is cocky... Maybe a little bit. Definitely, I don't like the accents neither from Andalucía nor from some parts of the north.

And I'd like to speak English perfectly well, and Polish :)

Polish? I'm always surprised when foreigners want to learn our "w Szczebrzeszynie chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie" language ;P But I think it's great! I would love to speak English with Scottish accent (what a surprise, huh?), French, Spanish, Portugese (the most beautiful language in the world!) and Swedish. And that would be it, I think ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:21 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

Abs...do you remember what happened the last time you wrote something like this?? LOL

what happened what happened????

some ppl issued a fatwa !

Katherine
Katherine Posted Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:51 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
[
Polish? I'm always surprised when foreigners want to learn our "w Szczebrzeszynie chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie" language ;P But I think it's great! I would love to speak English with Scottish accent (what a surprise, huh?), French, Spanish, Portugese (the most beautiful language in the world!) and Swedish. And that would be it, I think ;)

*Pats Polish Language course book*

Proze to powiedziec po polsku.

Seriously, your languange is so hard. I can't wrap my brain around all the dz, sz, cz, kreska, and a's and e's with the tail.

I'd love to speak with, suprise suprise, a Scottish accent.

feri
feri Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 3:24 AM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
Scottish :)
gosh but i'm working in a grocery market for about 6 hours a day. and practically everyone there, workers and shoppers alike, are either Persian or Hispanic, so they both kinda have similar accents. And now, i'm freaking THINKING with their accent. Ahhhhh. At least its a pretty accent, but it's not exactly benefiting my english..

Pretty? Maybe the Hispanic one, but Persian accent is very annoying! Do you really want to speak like this?
I have a BMV.
Can I have a Pitza?
Where iz the closest restoorant?
Tank You
I'm Estudying at Estarbuckz
And I know what you mean by thinking, I always have to put up a Persian accent when I'm speaking with my parents so they understand what I'm saying.

lilly wrote:
- Farsi (it's too time consuming to study, so it would be great if someone could just come and put the knowledge into my head, please ;) )

(oh and I almost forgot: Once I can speak Farsi and Spanish properly, I'd love to be able to speak Turkish and French)

Salam! Khoobi? Chetori? Man Traviso kheili doost daram.

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 11:50 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Monica wrote:
And I'd like to speak English perfectly well, and Polish :)

Polish? I'm always surprised when foreigners want to learn our "w Szczebrzeszynie chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie" language ;P But I think it's great!

Through my life I've studied French, German, Italian, Latin and Greek (and now I can say I don't remember a thing :p). I want to learn Polish because it's really different from these ones. And also, because I'm trying to sing some songs by Myslovitz, but it's sooooooooooooooooo hard. I read a line (in other words, I invent a sentence :p), but then I'm completely lost! There are a lot of consonants! That's too much for me! Spanish doesn't have more than 3 consonants together....

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:06 PM Quote
I see... Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. But no, I don't really think so :P Yeah, we use a lot of consonants what makes some words difficult even for us! I really think it's very difficult to learn Polish- so good luck! Besides, our curses are awesome! ;D

baby faced woman
baby faced woman Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 1:48 PM Quote
French Chinese and British English...
British accent is cool for me. :)

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 2:27 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I see... Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. But no, I don't really think so :P

Really? I didn't know that Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. I think they are really good (although I don't understand a word they say :p).

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 3:59 PM Quote
Did anyone notice you spell Polish like nail polish or furniture polish like Polish, people or things from Poland?

ayana
ayana Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
I'd like to speak English with a Welsh or Northern-Scotland accent.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I see... Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. But no, I don't really think so :P

Really? I didn't know that Myslovitz are called Polish Travis. I think they are really good (although I don't understand a word they say :p).
I'm not the biggest fan of Polish music, tho I like them- it's good to understand them, because their lyrics are very beautiful and intelligent (which is not very common in Polish songs ;P) Do you have their double CD with best songs? They've released it few years ago.

lulu07 wrote:
Did anyone notice you spell Polish like nail polish or furniture polish like Polish, people or things from Poland?

Well, technically, you pronunciate Polish (as people or language) more like Pohlish and nail polish like, you know, nail polish ;)

Joana
Joana Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 5:59 PM Quote
"I would love to speak English with Scottish accent (what a surprise, huh?), French, Spanish, Portugese (the most beautiful language in the world!) and Swedish. And that would be it, I think ;)"

would you like to speak portuguese?ehehe...I quite like it myself..lool...but it's not easy...me for example...after 22 years of practise, I still can't say "solidarity" in portuguese (solidariedade) correctly!!

I like Scottish accent too!And would like to learn chinese and latin(?!)!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 15 Aug, 2007 5:59 PM Quote
Would love to speak fluent Spanish and Italian, however I am not fussed on accents. Just got to make do with this horrid northern irish twang of mine (never understand why ppl like it as it sounds so crap, especially when you hear our own people on the tv talking....ekkk) lol

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:49 AM