Travis

What's your quirk?
minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 1:45 PM Quote
Everyone's got a quirk. And those who say they don't are lying!!! My quirk (well, one of many!):

My bed has to be made before leaving the house. And if for some reason it's not possible (say, I'm running really late), I'll make it when I get home, even if it's a couple of ours until bedtime. :)

Re: What's your quirk?
Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 2:24 PM Quote
One of mine is having all the tins in the cupboard facing the same way (forwards) if it's slightly shifted it bugs me. Im very particular me! lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 3:16 PM Quote
Mine is when people put my cordless phone facedown on the floor. Dude, your sweaty skanky foot was just there and I'm going to put that against my face next time it rings!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 3:31 PM Quote
Among other things, I absolutely cannot sleep if the closet door is ajar.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 3:54 PM Quote
I can't sleep if the light is on, even in the hall or if a tv or radio is playing! Need to have total darkness and silence and that rarely happens :-/

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 4:22 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:

that's one of mine! (among many...)

feri
feri Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 4:23 PM Quote
I always have to do things the opposite way because I'm afraid of jinxing myself. For example, if I know I don't need a bus transfer that day, I'll make sure to take one when I get on the bus or if I know I'm not going to need my glasses/cell phone that day I'll make sure to take them. Why? Because it seems like everytime I don't take these things when I don't need them I end up needing them. Or maybe everyone is like this?=/ But I still find it odd that I do this.

Oh and I have a habit of knocking on wood a lot again to not jinx myself, it's so silly I've never been superstitious until now=/

feri
feri Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 4:27 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:

Oh I'm like that too!

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 4:33 PM Quote
My bathroom, study, bedroom, living room and phone times are all different. For different reasons of course.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
I have a rather developed sense of smell and I have a bad habit of smelling everything I eat before I eat it. I try to refrain from doing it when I'm not eating on my own though.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 4:57 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
I can't sleep if the light is on, even in the hall or if a tv or radio is playing! Need to have total darkness and silence and that rarely happens :-/

Same here.

I had to buy blackout lining for our window as the light coming in was freaking me out.

Even now the tiniest dot of light makes me uncomfortable and annoyed.

I used to be so bad I would but blue tack on anything that had a standby light, nowdays I save the planet by turning things off at the plug.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:00 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
I have a rather developed sense of smell and I have a bad habit of smelling everything I eat before I eat it. I try to refrain from doing it when I'm not eating on my own though.

I do that too! I'm allergic to shrimp and SO many times I've almost eaten something with shrimp in it because it's all mixed in there and you can't always tell by sight. It's at least a good excuse when someone notices me doing it. I recently smelled a dressing (it was on the side) in front of my boss and he looked at me like I was nuts. (I am so it's OK)

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:05 PM Quote
i can't fall asleep at night unless i'm sleeping in a certain way. i have to sleep with two blankets, one thin one and one thick comforter. the comforter has to be about chest height and the thing blanket up to my neck. my arms HAVE to be underneath the blanket and my hair has to be falling over the top of my pillow so that none of it is touching/below my neck. even if i can find a comfortable position with my arms outside of the blanket, i won't be able to fall asleep, i'll stay half-asleep for like 30 minutes and then decide i have to go back to the norm if i want to fully sleep -_-

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:11 PM Quote
I actually can't think of any... :os

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 07 Aug, 2007 5:12 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I do that too! I'm allergic to shrimp and SO many times I've almost eaten something with shrimp in it because it's all mixed in there and you can't always tell by sight. It's at least a good excuse when someone notices me doing it. I recently smelled a dressing (it was on the side) in front of my boss and he looked at me like I was nuts. (I am so it's OK)

At least you have an excuse - I have none. I'm not a fussy eater but I just need to smell my food so I can decide if I'm going to eat it or not. It doesn't happen often but sometimes the smell just puts me off, I can't help it. It's a good thing that I'm ok with people thinking I'm nuts!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:51 AM