Travis

Aww read this from Fran
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
Its on his profile blog btw but I thought it sounded so cool and real ,I thought I'd lift it to the mssg board ( hope you dont mind Fran) The rain on the bus ...ahhh yes love that sound (but not so comforting in Tewksbury!)

"The sound of rain lashing the top of the tour bus reminds me of caravan holidays. It's comforting. Nigel left for LA yesterday. It was great to have him on the road and sad to see him go.

We just played Dallas. Our entrance was rather shambolic...on our way into the venue to do our entrance we happened upon a girl who was standing outside the venue, crying. We asked her if she was ok and she said she'd been stood up by her date!! What a dick!!

I asked her if she was going to the show and she said she didn't want to as she didn't want to sit alone. So we said she should come in with us and we'd get her her seat...

Our intro music had at this point already started and we were way late entering the hall and plus this poor girl was suddenly thrust into the heart of our walk to stage...with the crowd losing it and screaming and high fives everywhere...she looked terrified!!!

Also there was no step up to the stage when we got there so we all started clambering like confused, injured animals, the crowd helping us, pushing our belated asses stageward.

When we finally hit the stage, the capo (the little clip that clips around the guitar neck to change the key of the song) flew off my guitar without me seeing, resulting in a pretty crazy first chord of Selfish Jean....it was really funny...the whole show had this energy about it... We had a great time though...I do love the shambolic show... we do this type of show well...:) Thankyou Dallas (cue music) "

Re: Aww read this from Fran
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
I know, I just read it on his profile. Travis is such a gem of a band! They are truly a bunch of genuinly caring guys. Where can I find men like them? Tell me, cause I certainly haven't met any yet :P

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 10:33 PM Quote
Awww...niceness personified or what?
Thank you for posting...as I don't have myspace and so can't read blogs.

physalia
physalia Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:

Actually, the blog is on this site! Click on the band link up at the top of the page (under the logo) and you can read bunches of recent blogs. (www.travisonline.com/band/)

There was definately some swooning on my part when I read this - I love these guys.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 10:41 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:

It's posted on Fran's profile on this site. So there's no need for myspace, just go to the Band section and click on the blogs on the left side :)

Or follow this link.. ;)
http://travisonline.com/band/?id=130&p=1

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 1:38 AM Quote
that was really really sweet of them :')

feri
feri Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 2:01 AM Quote
I can't believe she wasn't going to go in! Good thing they came and took her.
Lucky girl.lol

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 3:34 AM Quote
They're such sweethearts :)

(that rock) lol.

mares1951
mares1951 Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 4:28 AM Quote
The Dall HOB show was great, getting to stand right next to the band, against the stage, right in front of Andy. I can't believe that was my first concert to ever go to and now I will have a very high bar for all other shows to be judged against. Cracking Toast!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 7:40 AM Quote
mares1951 wrote:
The Dall HOB show was great, getting to stand right next to the band, against the stage, right in front of Andy. I can't believe that was my first concert to ever go to and now I will have a very high bar for all other shows to be judged against. Cracking Toast!

haha yes! i totally get you, i will forever compare any concert i go to , to my very first Travis show

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 8:45 AM Quote
physalia wrote:
Tianyan wrote:

Actually, the blog is on this site! Click on the band link up at the top of the page (under the logo) and you can read bunches of recent blogs. (www.travisonline.com/band/)

There was definately some swooning on my part when I read this - I love these guys.

Ahhhh...right...that's me sorted!
Thanks guys!

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 8:46 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Tianyan wrote:

It's posted on Fran's profile on this site. So there's no need for myspace, just go to the Band section and click on the blogs on the left side :)

Or follow this link.. ;)
http://travisonline.com/band/?id=130&p=1

I thank you *bows*

xxxRockTubs
xxxRockTubs Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 10:17 AM Quote
That’s so nice of them excellent people they are would love to meet them one day. :-)

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 2:29 PM Quote
Thank you for posting......

But who wouldn't go in anyway? Man or no man no would stop me from seeing Travis. ;)

Really does anyone even compare?

Gisela (chicago gal)
Gisela (chicago gal) Posted Fri 27 Jul, 2007 4:50 PM Quote
haha...the capo flew off...awwww...that would be a surprise!

That was really nice of them. Poor girl being stood up. Hope she enjoyed the show! A good thing came out of a bad thing. :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:45 AM