Travis

My Travis Review & Lots of Pics! (DETROIT)
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 1:46 AM Quote

Hi guys! I've also posted this in the archive. It's long >.< sorry! And here is a link to my MySpace page. Go to my pics and there is a Travis album! Thanks!!!

TRAVIS PICTURES

Words can not possibly describe how amazing Wednesday night was, but I will try my best! I've been a Travis fan for a very long time but this was only my second time seeing them live, the first being in 2003 at the State Theatre. I had heard from some of the UK fans how great the tour was going over there and several fans got to meet the band, but I never expected just HOW great!!
The Day started out with my boyfriend and I making our way to Midwest Studios in Rochester Hills. We were invited by a DJ from 93.9 The River to sit in on an intimate acoustic set with Fran and Dougie! It was so amazing! There were probably 20 people total in the room, just kinda sitting indian-style on a rug in this small studio. Fran and Dougie chatted with us all during the set and made jokes. They played "Selfish Jean," "My Eyes" and "Sing" and Fran's voice sounded really good with the 12 string :) After the set, we all got the chance to hang out for a bit and chat or get stuff signed. I was so nervous all week leading up to this point because what can you really say to the band whose music has had such a huge impact on your life? But, just as everyone has said, they were so sweet, funny and just down-to-earth, lovely guys! We took pictures with them and talked for a few minutes. I don't really remember what I said, LOL...but Dougie said he has the same camera as I do...my boyfriend told him how I play all of their songs on guitar all the time, which they appreciated and I think I just tried to mainly tell Fran what a pleasure it was to finally meet him after being a fan for so long. He shook my hand and said a very sincere thank you. I told them how excited we were to pogo and that we'd be up front at the show! They signed my "Boy With No Name" CD booklet and then we started to walk away but Fran called to us because I totally forgot that I had promised to take a picture for another girl and e-mail it to her since her camera died! lol. So then we said goodbye again and made our way to Clutch Cargos!
When we arrived there were 4 or 5 girls already waiting on the steps. They were from Traverse City and were all really nice! We talked with them for a long time as Travis warmed up inside. Then, all of a sudden Dougie and Andy walked out of the front doors. Dougie remembered my boyfriend and I and said hello again and asked us all where a good place was to wander around Pontiac for a while. Before they walked off I snapped a picture with Andy, whose also super nice!
Finally, we made it inside and claimed our spots at the front of the stage. I informed the girls to the right of me that Travis would enter from the back to the Rocky theme song and they got really excited. I just have to say that every Travis fan I've met has been so nice! They give off some kind of good vibes, especially at their shows!! And what an incredible show it was!!! I knew it was going to be awesome, just from reading the reviews on this site...but it was seriously the best day of my life!!!! I've never rocked out so hard before! Everyone was jumping, sweating, singing along to every word! Fran said that we were the loudest crowd so far and I think Detroit really showed the guys how many loyal fans they have here!!! I don't remember the setlist by heart, but it was pretty much the same as others on the tour with the addition of a few classics like "I Love You Anyways," "The Line is Fine" and "20"!!!!!!!! The guys had so much energy and were having a really great time up there! Andy totally rocks live. The man is seriously one of the best guitar players I've heard. Fran voice was perfection and it was so funny when he tried to show us his American accent! At one point, some girl threw a pink thong on stage, which Doudie put on his mic stand, lol! But the highlights of the show for me were definitely when Andy and Dougie posed while on stage for my pictures, when Andy ran out into the crowd and rocked out at our feet, when my boyfriend caught Andy's guitar pic, doing the pogo like there was no tomorrow, Fran reaching out to shake my hand !!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and during "All I Wanna Do Is Rock" this girl to the left of me looked over and saw me screaming the words with her and she grabbed my hand and looked at me like "Is this fucking cool or what?!?" .... Yes it was.

Thank you Travis!

Re: My Travis Review & Lots of Pics! (DETROIT)
NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 2:34 AM Quote
loved your review!
the show was fantastic!!
I was probably right next to you-I was right in front of andy. I saw your pictures, they're great! we must have taken shots at the same time! it's fun to see a slightly different picture...I have a thread with the pics in it, but here's a link again

TravisPics

I hope they come back around soon

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 2:40 AM Quote
Oh my gosh! I remember you! You were like 2 people away from me and the only one I saw up front with a really nice camera, lol! Wow....our pics are similar! Yours are wonderful!

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 2:54 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh my gosh! I remember you!

I hope I was an ok fellow concert attendee and didn't,like, step on your foot or anything! did I get any shots of you in my pictures????

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 2:59 AM Quote
NewBaby wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Oh my gosh! I remember you!

I hope I was an ok fellow concert attendee and didn't,like, step on your foot or anything! did I get any shots of you in my pictures????

No, but I could very well be the person's hand he's reaching out to shake! That's right where I was. Ahhh...I'm still on a high from Wednesday! :)

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 3:27 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Ahhh...I'm still on a high from Wednesday! :)

ME TOO!!! I have been randomly busting out a huge smile and silented scream (at work and all, don't want to freak people out)! I can't get over what an amazing show it was!! I wish I was able to go to more shows, maybe they will do an extended tour in the states later this year.... when they go back to detroit, I'll look for you- I am sure I will go. I live in north east ohio, but I have seen them more times in detroit! go figure...

nats
nats Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 3:41 AM Quote
good to know you had such a good time nikki!!!!! im happy for you (and so jealous ;p)

nats
nats Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 3:43 AM Quote
btw good pics!!!! (nikki and newbaby)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 4:54 AM Quote
nats wrote:
btw good pics!!!! (nikki and newbaby)

Thank you!!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 6:42 PM Quote
Great pics and great review. Glad you had a good time :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 6:59 PM Quote
Fantastic review. I can relate to everything you said, and the pictures are fantastic. Especially love the 'I just met Travis' face :)

Brilliant stuff Nikki

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
Nikki and new baby excellent pics

Nikki lucky ole you at the radio studio, indeed a day to remember.

great review

NCD
NCD Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 9:47 PM Quote
Awwww, sounds like you had a brilliant time Nikki! Bet you got the bug really bad and want to see them again soon! Gonna go and look at your pics now XXX

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 5:14 AM Quote
Thanks everyone :O)

And I heard from that same radio station & from other fans that they might be coming back later this year?!? That would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 1:52 AM Quote
Amazing pictures! I can't wait till they come back!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:55 PM