Travis

No Selfish Jean here :-(
Trixi
Trixi Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:27 AM Quote
I just went to the Media Markt to get the new single and they hadn't it. The seller couln't even tell me WHEN it comes because she didn't find Selfish Jean in their forthcoming orders in the computer yet.
man...*pouts*

Re: No Selfish Jean here :-(
Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:41 AM Quote
It's unavailable in France as well. Why don't you try ordering it from the wee store?

Trixi
Trixi Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 10:50 AM Quote
Lucile wrote:
It's unavailable in France as well. Why don't you try ordering it from the wee store?

yeah, I suppose that's my only option now but then I'd have to order the single plus the two vinyls to get all B-sides and that's a bit too expensive for my taste. Actually I was kinda hoping the german pressing would include ALL B-sides in ONE cd again like on the Closer Single.
Ahh maybe I'll wait a little bit more, I'm sure it's coming here too sooner or later....hopefully!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 4:48 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:

I haven't heard it played on the radio (unless I'm not listening to the right stations) Come to think of it, I haven't heard Closer either :-(

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 4:57 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

I haven't heard it played on the radio (unless I'm not listening to the right stations) Come to think of it, I haven't heard Closer either :-(

I haven't heard it or seen the video either. I remember seeing Closer a couple of times on M6 but that was it. I checked the websites of a few French musical channels and the latest Travis news dates back to February! They don't even seem to know they have an album out so no wonder they don't promote the singles!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
deebee wrote:

I haven't heard it or seen the video either. I remember seeing Closer a couple of times on M6 but that was it. I checked the websites of a few French musical channels and the latest Travis news dates back to February! They don't even see to know they have an album out so no wonder they don't promote the singles!

You can't even find the album in our local Géant (found it hidden under other CDs in Auchan and had to blow off the dust - it's such a shame, they don't know what they're missing) It's as if they don't really exist over here. The only song I ever hear on the airwaves is "Sing" on Europe 2.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 5:09 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
You can't even find the album in our local Géant (found it hidden under other CDs in Auchan and had to blow off the dust - it's such a shame, they don't know what they're missing) It's as if they don't really exist over here. The only song I ever hear on the airwaves is "Sing" on Europe 2.

Exactly, no one I know seems to know who they are. It's only when I start humming 'sing, sing, sing' that they know who I'm talking about. Or I simply mention the RTL commercial and they vaguely recall the song, but then again most people think that it's the only song they've ever released! It's so annoying! I'm not sure the record company is doing anything to promote the new record, which is a pity.

EDIT : You said it's just as if they didn't exist over here and I just recalled something that happened when I bought my Paris ticket a few months ago. I asked for a Travis ticket and the woman at the till asked "Oh, he's touring France?", it took me a while to figure out that she thought I wanted a ticket for Kravitz!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:17 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
deebee wrote:

Exactly, no one I know seems to know who they are. It's only when I start humming 'sing, sing, sing' that they know who I'm talking about. Or I simply mention the RTL commercial and they vaguely recall the song, but then again most people think that it's the only song they've ever released! It's so annoying! I'm not sure the record company is doing anything to promote the new record, which is a pity.

EDIT : You said it's just as if they didn't exist over here and I just recalled something that happened when I bought my Paris ticket a few months ago. I asked for a Travis ticket and the woman at the till asked "Oh, he's touring France?", it took me a while to figure out that she thought I wanted a ticket for Kravitz!

Ummmmm, I think I'd much rather see Travis live than Lenny Kravitz, LOL! Do you get your tickets from the FNAC? I've only ever bought for UK gigs so don't really know where to buy them for French venues online.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:26 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Ummmmm, I think I'd much rather see Travis live than Lenny Kravitz, LOL! Do you get your tickets from the FNAC? I've only ever bought for UK gigs so don't really know where to buy them for French venues online.

I usally buy my tickets from the FNAC shops. I'm not a big fan of buying concert tickets online unless I have to. You can also buy them from carrefour or the Virgin Megastore (different tickets are alloted to the Virgin Megastore, so if there aren't any left on the FNAC's website, calling the Virgin Megastore is always worth a try but they don't have to a proper website so you either have to call or go to the store).

Lena
Lena Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:49 PM Quote
Trixi wrote:
I just went to the Media Markt to get the new single and they hadn't it. The seller couln't even tell me WHEN it comes because she didn't find Selfish Jean in their forthcoming orders in the computer yet.
man...*pouts*

According to http://www.travisonline.de/ the single will be only released on 17th of August in Germany!!! I do not understand what the record company is waiting for...

sara spain
sara spain Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 7:03 PM Quote
here in my town is imposible to find....I bought mine in the wee store and hope netx week will be here ;)

Trixi
Trixi Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
Lena wrote:
Trixi wrote:
man...*pouts*

According to http://www.travisonline.de/ the single will be only released on 17th of August in Germany!!! I do not understand what the record company is waiting for...

ah wunderbar! Danke für die Info, Lena!
Travisonline.de...da sollte ich wohl öfter mal raufschauen, tzz :-)

genia_gvan
genia_gvan Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 5:05 AM Quote
Hey, here in my country it's possible I can't find it anyway, maybe it's better to get it on weestore, but it's too expenssive to recieve it in Mexico. I want it, and I'll look for it here, but I think you all are very lucky if you have it (or you will). XOXO from Mexico to everyone everywhere!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 5:45 AM Quote
Well, it's on now...and technically, here in the US (central time) it was on at approx. 11:25pm Monday! interesting...thought there would be more 'selfish acts' but oh well!

Luis
Luis Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 5:53 AM Quote
welcome to my world ! :(

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:07 AM