Re: as it comes
roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 4:26 AM Quote
could you be Miss Betsy Smithe?

kidding~! :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 27 Sep, 2010 5:02 PM Quote
Lukey , my son , come hither and repent , for you have sinned and be it your co-sinners make thee strengthened in your mishaped words , take solence in the lnowledge that you are forgivern by the almighty , who has better things to do . :)

I wasn't going to comment in this thread but I can't hold it in anymore!!!! The above statement is the creepiest thing I have ever read on this board. Hands down. Chick, you need a reality check. Fran is great we all love him here. But he's not God, OK? He's human and makes mistakes!!! GET A GRIP!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2010 11:15 PM Quote
hey Nicki, I have a long memory . the reason you couldn't hold off is because you don't like me and I gave you a perfect opportunity to 'have a go' That's ok , I'm a big girl now , I can take it . I would remind you to practise what you preach which on your last attack on me was to 'lighten up.'

If you find my post creepy then its you who needs a reality check; an opinion with a bit of fun.

Go back to school .

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 29 Sep, 2010 12:41 AM Quote
ANYWAY.

Shall we let this thread slowly sink to the depths of the internet ocean now?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/attachments/f99/93084d1221756331-congrats-new-scca-xp-national-champion-blackwatch-racing-frankenlotus-400px-one-ton_weight.svg-1-.png

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 29 Sep, 2010 7:49 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
ANYWAY.

Shall we let this thread slowly sink to the depths of the internet ocean now?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/attachments/f99/93084d1221756331-congrats-new-scca-xp-national-champion-blackwatch-racing-frankenlotus-400px-one-ton_weight.svg-1-.png

Hear Hear ! good on you Luke :)

elmfai
elmfai Posted Thu 30 Sep, 2010 12:43 PM Quote
(Hey Fran,I hope you don't get angry again...!)
For those who didn't like what Fran said,
we can sing it together:

...It's all right, just wait and see
Your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent
It's okay, life is a tough crowd
37, and still growin' up now
Who you are is not what you said
You're still an innocent...
(with a bit change!)
How is it?!!!;)

myriadawn
myriadawn Posted Wed 03 Nov, 2010 1:52 AM Quote
Hi Fran...was on front row at Bush halls...beautiful night , thank you ( also was lucky enough to get a signed Reckorder)... New blokey in ma life says he was at Greenfaulds high school with Neil...and says he would remember a teacher known as " Mucky Jim" how scary is that?? :-) question...does Neil ever dip into the site, coz this guy wants to say hello methinks....thanks again for a stella performance in london mr healy...and the hug i got after :-)...nic x

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 07 Nov, 2010 3:41 PM Quote
it is my fav. song on the album, and I think it is very underrated here.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 07 Nov, 2010 8:27 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
it is very underrated here.

I have to say I agree with this. I can see why it's Fran's favourite track because of how it completely brings to life this character in only 3 minutes. It's a hard thing to describe a believable person, with all the hopes, the fears, the memories, the relationships, the sense of humour, the emotions, the way you becomes entwined with the people around you - but Franny's nailed it. Every word adds to the story. For me, the song is quite cinematic and visual, little episodes from this man's life shown to us to paint a bigger picture. And a beautiful ending that gives the song a meaning, a reason why it was written, a reason why it matters to me. And hopefully to a few others on here too.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 07 Nov, 2010 11:03 PM Quote
Not me I'm afraid. Defo my least favourite. But I do love all the others. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 09 Nov, 2010 6:21 PM Quote
I think 'favourites' on this album are down to personal choice and nothing to do with the 'quality' of the song etc.

I think it is one of the most connected albums I have heard for a long time . I can't get over how each song pulls it off , one after the other !

Each has its own aroma without breaking the spell .

' As it comes' is so part of this great collection of songs .

I want to hear it played everywhere ! it so deserves to get that accolade . It will too , in time .

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 09 Nov, 2010 6:36 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
I think 'favourites' on this album are down to personal choice and nothing to do with the 'quality' of the song etc.

Surely that's the case with any song, ever. :)

And it won't be played everywhere, let's be real. As great as the album is, it isn't going to be a big seller.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:31 PM