Travis

as it comes
thatlinewasfine
thatlinewasfine Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 4:19 PM Quote
Its after getting played a few times on kcrw,anyone hear it?i think the studio version will be really good

Re: as it comes
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 21 Aug, 2010 4:48 PM Quote
Wow! the album version of everysong is releasing. But i will wait to hear them on the Album on October 5.
I only have heard the studio versions of Buttercups and Sing me to Sleep

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:23 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
Wow! the album version of everysong is releasing. But i will wait to hear them on the Album on October 5.

i think something similar happened with the last album right?? songs were being played on several places

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 23 Aug, 2010 9:43 PM Quote
mario_healy wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

i think something similar happened with the last album right?? songs were being played on several places

Yeah I think Fran has particular connections and pathways that he keeps using for promotion. Although judging by the mediocre commercial success of the last couple of albums, maybe he could do with a couple more! :P

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:00 PM Quote
Is there a listen again link to this ?

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:54 PM Quote
Here's a youtube video of the song. From Joe's Pub last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I5hEYcUVXY

Fran
Fran Posted Fri 27 Aug, 2010 10:48 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
mario_healy wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

Yeah I think Fran has particular connections and pathways that he keeps using for promotion. Although judging by the mediocre commercial success of the last couple of albums, maybe he could do with a couple more! :P

Typing To Reach You, you have no idea how anything in this business works. People don't have these connections with media outlets, it's usually the outlets that historically are fans of a certain band and will support them when records come out. And you have always seemed to lay the blame of poor promotion at the feet of bands and the record company but the truth is far simpler. When a band are promoting an album they work their arses off, jumping around the world, doing as many interviews as their brains can manage before exploding... every band I know does this... sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't. Everyone works SO fucking hard to try and make a break so hearing you pontificating from your bedroom is annoying to the point of distraction. Learn about a subject before you start hawking your wisdom or shut the fuck up.
Lecture over.

Fran
Fran Posted Fri 27 Aug, 2010 10:48 PM Quote

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 8:17 AM Quote
ouch. thought typing to reach you just meant well... but of course, it must be really that hard, i can only imagine.. and i know nothing so, ok, i'm shutting up.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 9:20 AM Quote
....ouch...

wasn't it that case with this one british magazine..NME or something like that...supporting only some selected bands and dissing all others?

leticia
leticia Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:20 PM Quote
OUCH! I didn't know it was like that Fran. I'll predict great success with this album :) Aaaaand I saw Neko Case in Lollapalooza this year, she rocks.

Oh this is my first post in months! And it feels goooood...

Cheers everyone from ARGENTINA!!!!!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 12:43 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
mario_healy wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

Typing To Reach You, you have no idea how anything in this business works. People don't have these connections with media outlets, it's usually the outlets that historically are fans of a certain band and will support them when records come out. And you have always seemed to lay the blame of poor promotion at the feet of bands and the record company but the truth is far simpler. When a band are promoting an album they work their arses off, jumping around the world, doing as many interviews as their brains can manage before exploding... every band I know does this... sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't. Everyone works SO fucking hard to try and make a break so hearing you pontificating from your bedroom is annoying to the point of distraction. Learn about a subject before you start hawking your wisdom or shut the fuck up.
Lecture over.

Fran. Suffice to say, my comment was not meant as a criticism or an implication that somehow you or bands in general do not work hard in promoting their work. I apologies if this is how it came across. When I said maybe you need a few more connections, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. I have a hell of a lot of respect for you Fran. It disappoints me to think my comment was considered to be laying in to you, and it disappoints me more when you aggressively lay in to people on this messageboard, as happens from time to time. Yes, I'm no expert on this subject. Please educate me on it, but please don't tell me to shut the fuck up, or imply I'm hawking my wisdom. There would have been politer ways in dealing with this misunderstanding.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 1:04 PM Quote

Fran. Suffice to say, my comment was not meant as a criticism or an implication that somehow you or bands in general do not work hard in promoting their work. I apologies if this is how it came across. When I said maybe you need a few more connections, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. I have a hell of a lot of respect for you Fran. It disappoints me to think my comment was considered to be laying in to you, and it disappoints me more when you aggressively lay in to people on this messageboard, as happens from time to time. Yes, I'm no expert on this subject. Please educate me on it, but please don't tell me to shut the fuck up, or imply I'm hawking my wisdom. There would have been politer ways in dealing with this misunderstanding.

my sentiments, exactly. but then, you know, there must be a good reason he had to say those words that way. there are many factors unknown to us. it's sad that you weren't given the benefit of the doubt, but we still must give that to him. after all, this just reminds us that we're not fans of some gods. they also disappoint. and it's cool. that's reality. i hope we didn't lose you as a travis fan, cause that would suck. And more importantly, hope it didn't hurt that bad. (I'm thinking stan in eminem's song.. haha. nah...)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 3:02 PM Quote
Maybe that was a bit harsh, but Fran should know what he's talking about and there's certainly been a lot of talk about "bad promotion" the last couple of years so if he's on the board more often than we think I guess this is an annoyance that's been built up over the time.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Sat 28 Aug, 2010 3:41 PM Quote
There would have been politer ways in dealing with this misunderstanding.

i agree... :-/

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times UTC Current Time 2:10 PM