Travis

Re: Buttercups
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Jul, 2010 10:50 AM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Ok I like it now ;)

Did it take you 20 minutes of brainwashing? ;)

More like... 20 listens! How are you Swedish friend? :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 24 Jul, 2010 12:04 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I love it, it's the first Franny song for a while that I've really felt a connection with. It's very personal, very pure. To me, I felt that Ode was written about someone else, someone that I didn't feel very associated to, so it's nice that Travis, er, I mean Fran is connecting with me and others around here again.

I feel the same. :)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sun 25 Jul, 2010 2:19 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Ok I like it now ;)

Did it take you 20 minutes of brainwashing? ;)

More like... 20 listens! How are you Swedish friend? :)

I'm starting to like it myself, actually. Jotack, allt väl. Väldigt länge sen jag var inne och skrev ngt här, tyckte det kunde vara dags att visa upp sig. Hur själv?

mili
mili Posted Sun 25 Jul, 2010 8:36 PM Quote
I love it, and keep repeating it. I wish I had a mp3…
Such a lovely tune and bittersweet lyrics.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 27 Jul, 2010 12:35 AM Quote
Great review of the song here >>>

http://www.sleepwalkingmag.com/2010/07/26/fran-healy-buttercups/ :)

81 Posted Tue 27 Jul, 2010 2:20 PM Quote
...good song....

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Tue 27 Jul, 2010 9:29 PM Quote
Thank you so much for posting this! :) The song is absolutely beautiful! I think it has a TBWNN feel to it.

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Wed 28 Jul, 2010 12:05 AM Quote
Yeah, thanks for posting it!

Wow, it seems like I've been gone from here for ages, been busy with my final year of uni but now I've graduated I can finally get back on here, just in time for Wreckorder! A whole year of stress, coursework and exams is finally over and rewarded with a solo album by Fran, oh and of course a degree! I have nothing to do other than look for a job, hang around with family and friends and go to the gym now so I guess I'll be back on here for good now!

Anyway, sorry drifted a bit there, Buttercups sounds amazing, much more of a Travis feel to it than most of Ode To J.Smith, despite Ode To J.Smith being Travis and Buttercups being Fran, but don't get me wrong, I loved Ode To J.Smith! As some have already mentioned Buttercups has a feel of The Invisible Band, 12 Memories and The Boy With No Name to me aswell. I love it, it's really got me excited for October now, well October is my birthday month too so I suppose I'm always excited for it but this year's October should be great for obvious reasons!

milos
milos Posted Thu 29 Jul, 2010 1:55 PM Quote
Great song! And judging by the youtube clips, I think the whole album is going to be awesome. I can't wait.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 03 Aug, 2010 10:59 PM Quote
WOW. I haven't been around here for like forever, I'd heard about Wreckorder but that was as far as it went, I mentioned my love for Travis to someone today so had a sneaky look on the forum and found this link.

And in an instant I'm totally back to the feeling I got when I fell in love with The Man Who/The Invisible Band, this song is just too good I'm over the moon.

Didn't expect THAT.

nesmap
nesmap Posted Wed 04 Aug, 2010 1:17 AM Quote
Not bad.

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 12 Aug, 2010 8:34 PM Quote
hm... my very first impression was: where is the bass? It's a very soft song, but... anyway, I like it! The lyrics are great. Thanks for posting!!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 1:36 AM Quote
http://www.franhealy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/BUTTERCUPSCOVER.jpg

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 3:02 AM