Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
monkey
monkey Posted Tue 08 Mar, 2011 11:19 PM Quote
I managed to burn my forehead with a pair of hair straighteners. Not only do i still have an appalling hair cut, i also now have a red line across the middle of my head. Them hair things are well dangerous!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 08 Mar, 2011 11:50 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
I managed to burn my forehead with a pair of hair straighteners. Not only do i still have an appalling hair cut, i also now have a red line across the middle of my head. Them hair things are well dangerous!

What the what were you doing with hair straighteners? Or why?
I guess that's pretty self explanatory, isn't it? ;) Well be careful next time!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 12:41 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Ric...
you're weird :)

or....maybe he's just awksome? ;)

oh ya, world. Watch out for the new word "awksome" invented by none other than Meggy.
Should I show them the example of the awksome guy?

totally!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 6:46 AM Quote
I don't think Andrew should be left home alone.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 8:50 AM Quote
The British Psychological Society (the organisation you have to register with to be a practicing psychologist) sent me a letter telling me I've won an award for getting the highest Edexcel A-level Psychology grade last year! I've won £350, an all expenses paid trip to the Bradford Science Festival (where I'll also have a prize giving), a commemorative book and certificate and free membership to the BPS!!! Best news I've had in ages!!

I've also got an interview to be a psychology student ambassador for my university, so hopefully I'll get that job :-D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 10:31 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

What are doing (or at the very least admitting to using) with Hair Straighteners ye big Jessie, I know it was International Women's Day but there was no need to be getting in touch with your feminine side... :-P.

I once had a polo shirt with metal buttons, you know like the fasteners you get on jeans, I grabbed it out of the tumble drier and pulled it on not realizing how hot the buttons would be and proceeded to burn a dot/ring in the middle of my forehead.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 1:32 PM Quote
You people crack me up.

Congrats, Maria!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 2:32 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Ric...
you're weird :)

or....maybe he's just awksome? ;)

oh ya, world. Watch out for the new word "awksome" invented by none other than Meggy.
Should I show them the example of the awksome guy?

totally!

OK you hippies just remember today Tottenham are the good guys

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 4:40 PM Quote
My boss has just announced he's leaving. I don't know if I'm going to keep my job. Shit.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 6:37 PM Quote
That sucks Juli!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 10:03 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

BUFTIE

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 09 Mar, 2011 11:49 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
The British Psychological Society (the organisation you have to register with to be a practicing psychologist) sent me a letter telling me I've won an award for getting the highest Edexcel A-level Psychology grade last year! I've won £350, an all expenses paid trip to the Bradford Science Festival (where I'll also have a prize giving), a commemorative book and certificate and free membership to the BPS!!! Best news I've had in ages!!

I've also got an interview to be a psychology student ambassador for my university, so hopefully I'll get that job :-D

That is so fantastic, well done! Also good luck with the interview, that position would look great on a cv. I love studying psychology, finding it kinda difficult but think I'll probably keep it up throughout college.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:11 AM Quote
monkey wrote:

The straighteners were left sitting out so i had to give them a go!. Its sort of like when you see an electric fence, you have to touch it even though you know there is a chance it's going to hurt

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Mar, 2011 1:43 PM Quote
I had a 2nd interview for a job on Monday, and still havent heard anything. Which means everytime I get an email or my phones goes off, I get butterfly tummy.
But should I have not heard, or dont get it, I have another interview on Tuesday. I dont like applying or interviews I have learned.

Taking this grey day to do laundry and apply for more jobs and maybe, just maybe work out. Then the lovely Megg and I are hitting the Museum of Natural history tomorrow and then Im off to a bday party. Social outings, wha?

Absy
Absy Posted Thu 10 Mar, 2011 5:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I had a 2nd interview for a job on Monday, and still havent heard anything. Which means everytime I get an email or my phones goes off, I get butterfly tummy.
But should I have not heard, or dont get it, I have another interview on Tuesday. I dont like applying or interviews I have learned.

Taking this grey day to do laundry and apply for more jobs and maybe, just maybe work out. Then the lovely Megg and I are hitting the Museum of Natural history tomorrow and then Im off to a bday party. Social outings, wha?

Good luck for your job research.

Pages Previous 1...83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 Next All Times UTC Current Time 9:38 AM