Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
dee
dee Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 1:57 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
dee wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
I'm starting my exams on Wednesday. I'm starting to get a little terrified now. I can't seem to go to bed so I'm watching Billy Elliot. It's on my English course. I like his brother. Its a really good movie, anyone who hasn't seen it should go watch it.

Best of luck!
it'll be a cake walk to you:)

Thanks Dee! I've started now anyway, so the worst is over. And it went pretty well I think, I'm happy enough anyway.

waiting is the worst. once the exams started i turned into an impatient zombie desperate to just regurgitate all the nonsense that was clogging my head onto paper so i'd never have to think of any of it again. i can safely say i never have either:)

btw, i feel a bit ripped off, where's the agonizingly great leaving cert weather everybody else had to put up with?

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 3:22 PM Quote
Revision, revision, revision. My life is so interesting at the moment :-P

Got two exams next week, then my last two on the 29th and 30th. Then I've finished college forever! Will be off to university in September, so I'll probably spend summer sorting stuff out for that.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 8:11 PM Quote
Another language thing, US doesn't differentiate between college and university. I would say I've been to college, even though it was a university.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 8:31 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Another language thing, US doesn't differentiate between college and university. I would say I've been to college, even though it was a university.

we do, but it isnt a language thing. They are 2 different systems.
College is generally 2 years and you get a diploma. It's normally more of a trade thing, and often more hands on.

University is usually 4 years and you get a degree. More acedemic.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 10:16 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

we do, but it isnt a language thing. They are 2 different systems.
College is generally 2 years and you get a diploma. It's normally more of a trade thing, and often more hands on.

University is usually 4 years and you get a degree. More acedemic.

Ah, I see. Colleges that are 2 years here, we usually call Community College or Junior College.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 11:53 PM Quote
you could drop out of a college and go to a university depending on where you go to school

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 10 Jun, 2010 1:41 AM Quote
I have discovered something about myself in the past few weeks. I suck at multi-tasking. I can really only effectively concentrate on one thing at a time. I hate to admit this, because it makes me feel stupid, but it's true. It is very difficult for me to tackle a second or third project before the first is wrapped up.

I have also learned that I feel pretty good about myself until I start comparing myself to other people. Then I feel like poop.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 10 Jun, 2010 9:06 PM Quote
dee wrote:
btw, i feel a bit ripped off, where's the agonizingly great leaving cert weather everybody else had to put up with?

It was a day late, that's all :(

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 10 Jun, 2010 9:28 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have discovered something about myself in the past few weeks. I suck at multi-tasking. I can really only effectively concentrate on one thing at a time. I hate to admit this, because it makes me feel stupid, but it's true. It is very difficult for me to tackle a second or third project before the first is wrapped up.

I have also learned that I feel pretty good about myself until I start comparing myself to other people. Then I feel like poop.

Oh, Kayte! You shouldn't feel bad when you compare yourself to other people. There's always going to be people who are "more successful" than you in certain aspects. That doesn't mean they're any better than you. You're just as good, only different.
I don't know you that well and I've never met you in person, but from what I do know, I think you're great. :o)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 11 Jun, 2010 6:58 AM Quote
Flying down to Austin in a little bit to spend the weekend with some lovely boardies! Going to try and get at least an hour of sleep before I begin my travels. I'll let you know if I survive :P

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Sat 12 Jun, 2010 7:43 AM Quote
Good luck with your travels and have lotsa fun! SO nice a lot of you guys have became good friends. Hope to see pics soon.

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:16 AM Quote
I went out on my own on Friday night (billy no mates) and it was as good a night out i've had in a very long time!

are the girls enjoying their weekend?

dee
dee Posted Sun 13 Jun, 2010 2:11 PM Quote
i passed my driver theory test yesterday, which means i can finally start learning to drive.i never felt the need to before this

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 13 Jun, 2010 2:17 PM Quote
monkey wrote:

are the girls enjoying their weekend?

Yes! We'll give more details later.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 13 Jun, 2010 3:27 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i passed my driver theory test yesterday, which means i can finally start learning to drive.i never felt the need to before this

Yay, well done. I think I need to get around to doing this sometime. I don't really want to drive, but it seems to be getting more necessary all the time.

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:27 PM