Travis

Love
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 5:42 PM Quote
Errhm this is going to sound very desperate and I don't like it :P

I'm just looking for some advice, I know there are some people around with more experience than me :)

The thing is that I've through my 24 years have pretty much tried every approach I know with different girls.
It just never works out, I don't seem to have what anyone is looking for. I have even come to the point that I've decided that "love just isn't for me"... I have given up on it, but I can't help thinking: "what if I'm doing something wrong?", but the fact is that I'm doing nothing now.... Everyone else have happy experiences from love, but I have none :(

What am I going to do? Is there someone for everyone or am I cursed to be a loner?!

Cheers!

Re: Love
Monica
Monica Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 6:55 PM Quote
Alex, same here *high five* :p

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:09 PM Quote
You have problems with the girls as well? ;)

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:24 PM Quote
As far as I know... :D Boys are my problem.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:27 PM Quote
It's like they say... Men are from Mars and woman from Venus :P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:32 PM Quote
You're not allowed to give up on love until you're at least 30. I know several guys who were close to becoming hermits by 24 and found Miss Right at about 28 or so. Good luck.
P.S. Be choosy. Don't become so desperate you'll take anyone who will take you.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:36 PM Quote
28? So that's the magic number? 4 years to go then... why aren't there any MS Right in my age?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I think my problem is that I'm too picky, I'm afraid :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:58 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

If you are picky because there are certain qualities you are looking for in a person, don't compromise that.
If you are picky because you are looking for a woman who is 5'4" with blue eyes and auburn hair and enjoys archaeology and stamp collecitng...stuff like that you may have to loosen up on.
There's a difference between being picky and being nit-picky. Which one are you?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:12 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

If you are picky because there are certain qualities you are looking for in a person, don't compromise that.
If you are picky because you are looking for a woman who is 5'4" with blue eyes and auburn hair and enjoys archaeology and stamp collecitng...stuff like that you may have to loosen up on.
There's a difference between being picky and being nit-picky. Which one are you?

Well I just want her to think a bit like me, be responsible, respectable, somewhat intelligent and not too childish... And of course it's a plus if she likes me and treats me nice ^^

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 8:48 PM Quote
To be honest I don't think there's any age that you should give up on love, and definetly not at 24! It's different for everyone, some people find who they're meant to be with at 16, some not until they're 60. I'm 18 and I don't think I've ever been in love so I may not be an expert, but I think it's over rated. Other things in life are just as important, don't worry about it so much and enjoy other things. You'll find it if you're not looking for it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 9:01 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well I just want her to think a bit like me, be responsible, respectable, somewhat intelligent and not too childish... And of course it's a plus if she likes me and treats me nice ^^

That's not too much to ask for. Listen to the Supremes, you can't hurry love; no, you just have to wait.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 9:13 PM Quote
Yeah Love just comes along and you can't put a time or age on it. Just relax and enjoy being you Alex..the rest will come as the girl will have to love you for you just being you.

Hey...this comes from a lady who's 30 in 3wks and single - but that's my choice, it never works out....lil Miss No Commitment *sighs*

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:16 PM Quote
Well hello there Wendy ^^

No, but seriously you're right... It's just that it's so depressing dealing with the same stuff over and over again, but I guess that's life, there's some lesson to be learned from it :)

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:39 AM Quote
cant you just get a pet?. My advice would be to keep the girly stuff to yourself. What a women wants is for a man to be man and to have someone to talk at. Avoid starting convetrsations where you're going to mention feelings, get some power tools AND most importantly pretend to be interested when hearing for the third about Janet and Daves wedding.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:07 AM