Travis

C'mon Ye Saints !!!
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 2:12 AM Quote
New Orleans Saints that is...

Can they complete an amazing comeback in the 44th Superbowl ??

Dubz

Re: C'mon Ye Saints !!!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 2:56 AM Quote
woot Saints!

Im not much of a football fans, but really wanted the Saints to win for the city of New Orleans!!

Mardi Gras is going to be one hell of a ride next week!

Homer said it best. I want to be in that rumba, when the Saints go over there! Oh over there!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 3:35 AM Quote
Wonderful.

Well Done Saints.

A city that has never really recovered from the hurricane now has an extra special reason to party, I really wish I could be there.

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 5:32 AM Quote
It was a great game! Really happy the Saints won. Coming from a city with a HORRIBLE football team that hasn't ever won sh*t, lol, it's nice to see a team that's never won a Super Bowl win one for the first time in team history. Ahh, maybe the Lions can do it in my lifetime. Also, obviously happy for the city of New Orleans. Hope this brings the people down there a little joy. They need it.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 5:39 AM Quote
ps: Dubz, I like your avatar. hehe. :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 5:41 AM Quote
Yay Saints! Brees really deserved that MVP title. Well done!

Dubz, I thought you didn't care much for American football? Something about the pads and protective gear? :D Also, did they show the game over there?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 7:41 AM Quote
I'm sorry to say that I was rooting for the Colts, but I don't feel too bad that they lost because they won a couple of years ago. Glad that a team like New Orleans was able to win on their first trip to the Super Bowl. Also, very happy for the city.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 11:36 AM Quote
Good news for La Nouvelle Orléans.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 12:06 PM Quote
Thanks Nikki, Dee changed it and I'm gonna leave it for a while.

I'm not a huge fan of American Football but it was the Superbowl and I hadn't watched a game for years. I used to be a Raiders fan (was into Rap at the time also) There's a guy I chat with on another board who is a huge Saints fan who told us we should watch it so I gave it a try. BBC showed the whole thing apart from the half time show, which I was a little disappointed with as I'd heard The Who were playing.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 1:49 PM Quote
I hate football but wanted the Saints to win since this was their first time there and I feel like the city deserved something for the big kick in the teeth called Katrina.

We were out eating during halftime, which is the only part of the game I wanted to watch anyway. The Who were great.

I then went out to hear this band play and there was a good mix of Colts and Saints fans. No one seemed too upset or too drunk to cause a ruckus.

Next year I hope the Lions win because I think Detroit deserves something for the big kick in the teeth called the auto industry.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 3:51 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Next year I hope the Lions win because I think Detroit deserves something for the big kick in the teeth called the auto industry.

Haha. That's nice. It won't happen though. Not even close! It's sad. At least we have our Wings.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 4:47 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Haha. That's nice. It won't happen though. Not even close! It's sad. At least we have our Wings.

I didn't say I just thought it was an actual possibility, just that I hoped it would happen. I also hope that I develop the ability to be a mermaid like Darryl Hannah in "Splash" so my hopes aren't always what one might call "realistic."

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 6:57 PM Quote
I didn't even know it was Superbowl Sunday until the morning of. I really hate football. I had to sit through every high school football game for 4 years and I still never learned the rules. They stop the game every 10 seconds. It's annoying.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 8:02 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
They stop the game every 10 seconds. It's annoying.

It's because of all the forward passes ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 8:09 PM Quote
Friday Night Lights is better than the Superbowl. It has this...

http://ilovedorks.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/taylor-kitsch.jpg

oh Straggles.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:56 PM